Dating Synchronicity

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Dating Synchronicity

Post by Venus_Daily » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Although I have been busy academically (did great this semester), I still found some time for dating. I have been forcing myself to be a lot more men even if I may find them unattractive. I've been on a string of dates over the past few months as well as sometime before that. I try to be nice, attentive, and somewhat submissive, which is not completely out of touch with my personality. I've met men through school, through friends, and a few times online. Last night, I officially decided to take a break from dating because, like the rest, after 1-3 dates, they make their true intentions known, meaning, they just want to sleep with me. I don't wear revealing clothing, and I make my intentions known before I go on a date, but a lot of the time, they just want to have sex or they just don't call back. I've even taken some seminars and read a few books, I know it sounds desperate.

The longest relationship I've ever had was marked by a high degree of synchronicity, both psychically and later astrologically. I've tried using electional Astrology to time dates, and I've had a good time on some, but it just doesn't grow into anything more.
I really haven't seen or felt any similar synchronicity in my life since my longest relationship from 02-08, except for 2014, when I was getting to know an artist, but that situation went nowhere as well. (It lasted a lot longer, though).
I'm kind of at a loss for words, I have a very close Moon/Pluto opposition across my 2018 SSR ASC/DSC, but with my history, I feel kind of jaded and not really expecting too much from that. Every year, I think I lose a bit more hope that I'll ever find anyone.
Sadly, astrological synchronicity seems to be very accurate, so I think I may just be alone forever.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Dating Synchronicity

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

What do YOU want from the dates, and in the aftermath? I'm not clear about your wishes a day intentions. That would have something to do with the astrological patterns for the best outcome.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:45 pm

I'm looking for what most straight women are looking for, a serious committed relationship that lasts. Even a lifelong partner.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Sex on the third date does not preclude what you are looking for. However it is a bit old fashioned. It's normal now to wait till at least the 5th date, and common to wait till the 8th or 9th. Gee, I really like you Randy, but you're moving a bit fast. Let's get to know each other better shall we?
And if he doesn't like that, good you found out at the third date rather than waste more time on him.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I'll try to look at your chart tomorrow or the next day and offer some insight on your questions.

One thing I want to mention, though... my experience has been exactly the opposite of what JSAD stated. You're quite entitled to set the goals for dating you want, and it also might be valuable to understand that much of what the men are likely encountering is different than you think. The majority of women I know, and have known in (say) this century may be looking for a serious committed relationship that lasts, but they're not letting that get in the way of other, more immediate needs. Rather than using getting to know someone as a way to discover whether they want to have sex with someone, I've known many women who use having sex with someone (commonly on a first date) to filter out whether they want to spend any more time getting to know them. (In case I was off track and out of date on that, I consulted a couple of women before answering, and they assured me they'd rarely bother with a second date if there wasn't sufficient sexual promise already.)

I'm not at all saying you have to agree with any of this... I just thought it might be worthwhile for you to know the current culture out there. Possibly, this is very different in different parts of the country, though what I describe here has been increasingly common in any part of the country I've been in over the last 30 years (well, except in Utah).

Anyway, I'll see what I can see in your chart this week.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Thanks, Jim.
I really appreciated, and yes, I look forward to your interpretation of my chart soon. As far as sex goes, my attitude toward it has always been a bit strange for being born in the 80s. I know it's not a bad thing, but I also know it's not something I want to experience with someone who does not have deep feelings for me. There are way too many STIs out there that can be transmitted through deep kissing.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:04 am

Hi Venus,
Sometimes a midpoint analysis of Natal Venus (Love/Romance) can offer valid tones to our love life. I note you have a direct midpoint of ME/SAT=VENUS (Virgo) 1,14 orb, which probably helps explains your problematic love life to date. Ebertin says about this Midpoint:
Unstableness or instability in matters of love and affection…
Ebertin says about the ‘Principle’ of Mercury/Saturn:
Depth of thought, mental work.
Since Mercury is such a potent factor in your Natal, maybe first try to look for possible mates in an intellectual environment where you are both interested in the same ‘depths of thoughts’ subject matters. In other words, intellect first—sex later. You were born with a tight square of Venus-Jupiter—so the Natal promises benefic stuff here---maybe when your Primary Dsc begins a 2-year partile cnj with p. Jupiter (2-3 years from now), partile 90 n. Venus will help bring in a possible harmonious ‘love’ match.

In the Time/Space you find yourself now—not a good time to expect a harmonious long- lasting Venus relationship with the set-up of your dominating Primary angles below. With p. Mars partile cnj your Primary Dsc—certainly explains why the ‘males’ are only interested in sex. :)

https://imgur.com/a/nfTfP

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I quite understand, Steve. Even in 2-3 years, there's still no guarantee of anything. I might as well invest in some cats and send in an early audition to hoarders.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Or you could stop looking for A Man and start looking for something you enjoy doing with other people, and start going out and having fun with a group, and let nature take it's course. I've told you before, looking for a man is an exercise in the futile. You have Mercury, Pluto and Jupiter all in aspect, so you tend to seem a little eccentric to people who are very conventional, at least those without a fairly high IQ. Combine that with your Leo Sun trine your Sagittarius Moon, and a lot of people realize very quickly you're out of their league and think that must make you condescending. You're not, but people are compensating for what they think they lack compared to you.

So find a group of people doing something a little eccentric which appeals and join them. Have you ever tried gem hunting? Don't look for A Man in the group. Look for people who will get to know you and enjoy you.Do you have an interest in geneology? People have friends and relatives and love to introduce them to each other. Make sure you don't judge on looks alone. Do you have an interest in historical sites or museums you could volunteer with? If you get invited out, go with the intention of meeting a new friend. Who might have friends or relatives as well. Oh - Renaissance Fairs. Texas has four or five of them. Wikipedia has a list. Don't look for A Man. Look for A Unicorn. Let your Sagittarius Moon lead you.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:09 am

Venus wrote:
I quite understand, Steve. Even in 2-3 years, there's still no guarantee of anything. I might as well invest in some cats and send in an early audition to hoarders.
:) I hear you Venus. We simply don’t know the specifics for what our future symbolism brings us, only the possibilities. I think JSAD brings -up some excellent points with her line of thinking with her above post. Never let a strong objective of finding a good man stand in the way for the possibilities of finding other people to bond with as soul mates, which can/could sustain happiness and various types of benefit support for life. Good friends are important for life.

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Steve, and JSAD you're absolutely right.
The two major romantic relationships I was in happened completely by chance. I was aware that I wanted male attention, but I was not intentionally seeking a romantic connection. As far as intellectuals go, I enjoy building connections with them, but I tend to lean more toward intelligent, masculine men.
There's also a wild update I have yet to share with the forum about my first ex, which had me in complete bewilderment.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:01 pm
You have Mercury, Pluto and Jupiter all in aspect, so you tend to seem a little eccentric to people who are very conventional, at least those without a fairly high IQ. Combine that with your Leo Sun trine your Sagittarius Moon, and a lot of people realize very quickly you're out of their league and think that must make you condescending. Don't look for A Man. Look for A Unicorn. Let your Sagittarius Moon lead you.
You know what's strange, my first boyfriend had a 3 degree Pluto/Mercury Opp right on the meridian, and he did not seem quirky at all. Maybe it was his Aries Sun combined with his Mars/Jupiter conjunction in Leo that covered it up.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:09 am

Sorry to hear about difficulties in love matters.
IF I were you, I would first make sure that I had my mind made up about what kind of man I wanted. Imagine him in a meditative state, think about what kind of qualities he has and how you want your life to be with him. Make a list of your preferences ... and then just put it away. He will come to you when you've sent out those vibes :)

Since others in here will be looking into SSRs and SLRs, then I decided, just for the fun of it, to also look into your Vedic chart as they seem like they can be pretty good timing indicators. My amateur prediction is this: You just entered a synchronised period (in two systems of dashas, both mahadasha and chara dasha indicate this) of meeting your man and the most likely years or highlights of the longer period are the following. Most likely to meet or bond with someone significant is from your birthday in 2017- birthday in 2018, in 2021, mid year 2022- end of 2024. Possible marriage/engagement or child birth in 2029. The Vedic astrologers would most probably tell you that the mating process will not be "an easy ride" since Rahu-Ketu are involved in your 1-7 houses.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:35 am

Venus, i wanted to reply as promised, even though I wasn't able to do this over the weekend (which ended up being far busier than expected).

I have two sets of thoughts, one set relating to the natal and the other to future period analysis.

First, regarding the natal. I feel I have to tread a little tenderly, so as not to trample a bit on your sensitivities on deeply personal matters about which you feel strongly. Also, I don't want to give any impression that I'm urging you to be any particular way other than how you are. But, in a sense, that's the exact point: Your self-description is at great odds with strong, repeated messages in your horoscope. When I see this, red flags unfurl and alarm bells start ringing in my head. Nothing more undermines our physical and psychological health, our ability to operate effectively in the world, and our general sense of well-being in the world more than living untrue to our intrinsic nature (with which we were each born), especially when very powerful psychological energies are involved.

Therefore, from your chart compared with your self-description, if I didn't already know you had serious health problems, a sense of your life being out of control, and persistent unhappiness, these are exactly what I would predict first, because of this seeming discrepancy - a living at odds with your inherent nature.

In particular, your chart screams the message of powerful, explosive, frequent, life-dominating sexual expression. It's one of the two or three strongest themes in your chart, stated multiple ways. Start with your partile Mars-Uranus conjunction in Scorpio, right atop the Scorpion's Heart, Antares. This closely squares your Leo Sun. Add your close Venus-Jupiter square, which has many potential meanings - all variations of being, fundamentally, a social creature - but which, in any case, means your psyche requires a high level of continuous pleasure and enjoyment from however you structure your life. Leo Suns are inherently ardent, passionate creatures, all other things being equal. Your close Moon-Sun aspect grants charisma, a particular tendency of people (men and women alike) to respond to you with a distinctly sexual energy independent of any action on your part, high emotional and sexual vitality, etc. And so on.

(If houses turn out to have value, this is even more pronounced, with a 5th house Sun and Venus, an 8th house Moon, the Venus-Jupiter square anchoring on Jupiter's 8th cusp position, Mars-Uranus in the 7th. You don't need these extra factors to make the point, but they do reiterate it vividly.)

This, as I said, is one of two or three strongest themes in your chart. I sincerely feel you will be living at odds with the universe and your own nature in the absence of a more or less continuously explosive, passionate sex-expression, more or less independent of any other consideration around it. Also, though the great strength of Leo women often welcomes someone else taking the lead and "being in charge" for a time, your basic nature is to be dominant and leading.

That's one point.

An equally strong pattern in your chart is a need to live in dignity. Your Leo-Sagittarius nature is inherently royal. (With Sun square Mars-Uranus, you'd be the frequently misbehaving royal that made all the tabloid headlines regularly, but such princes are royal, nonetheless). Absence the outer accouterments of royalty, your dignity is your great psychological "safe place." With the Sagittarius Moon, this becomes a bit more bound up in "doing things right," adopting customs and values that you feel best if you stick to them. It can become a little obsessive, especially in stressful times, though inherently it is generous, warm, kind, protective, overseeing... and royal. (Your Sun is royal. Your Moon is aristocratic.)

This, too, is a powerful pressure in your psyche. The more your outer conditions do not match this instinct of royalty, the more your psyche needs to find it in your values and demeanor. I think the key is your dignity.

I mentioned "two or three" strongest themes. The third is your exactly angular Mercury. This expresses your enormous curiosity and other mental strengths. I mostly leave it aside for the moment, because it isn't a player in the powerful, surging tensions between the other two large parts of you. It does, however, probably provide you significant resources for managing all the rest.

Now, about the future... in the next post.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 am

First, a tour through your progressions. Right off the bat, we find one excellent sign: Your progressed Ascendant is less than a degree from entering a 1° orb of your Jupiter. That is, natal Jupiter will be on progressed Descendant for a two-year stretch beginning in about a year. Furthermore, progressed Mars is moving in on that Jupiter, so they're all likely to meet up about the same time.

Working this out... If your birth time is exactly right, progressed Descendant conjoins natal Jupiter from September 2018 (when progressed Mars conjoins your Jupiter within 28') to February 2021. During this period, you are most likely, in the whole course of your life, to experience Jupiter on Descendant expression. This might indeed be marriage (it's a classic combination for it), or at least significant, positive, valued relationships or close connections which also (since it's natal Jupiter) means anchoring positive self-valuation and self-esteem as well. If your birth time is exactly right, this peaks in November 2019, though it remains valid for the whole "degree coming, degree going" 29 months.

When it is exact in November 2019, progressed Mars is 21' past exact conjunction with your Jupiter. It will be exact in May 2019, and (while it has more than a year coming and a year going as well), I think spring 2019 (just based on progressions) is the center point of most of this intensity. another time is great importance will be a year early, in April-May 2018, when
** progressed Mars is conjunct natal Jupiter,
** progressed Mars is on progressed Descendant (& Jupiter is nearby, ready for the follow-through)
** progressed Moon squares progressed Ascendant, progressed Mars, and natal Jupiter.
** Also, progressed SSR Moon opposes natal Sun.

Another important threshold is just after that. You're currently undergoing a long-term Venus-Saturn progressed conjunction in the exact exaltation degree of Saturn. Venus leaves orb of that aspect by June 2018. Until then, romantic and other emotional connections will have strong elements of hardship, sacrifice, and denial. (This doesn't make them bad, it just makes them less fun.) After next June, this particular karma (I use that word because it probably is a subtle service and devotion commitment to someone in your life) is completed and you move from Venus-Saturn to Mars-Jupiter.

Oh, and I almost missed: Progressed Sun squares your natal Moon. This is most definitely a partnership-prone aspect! It's already in orb, but it's exact the same month Venus departs Saturn, and lasts for a year longer.

Finally, as an overall best fit: You have a very long-term square of progressed Jupiter to your Venus. I haven't calculated its bounds, but it goes on for years, maybe decades. It hovers in your life, but needs something to spark it. That "something" occurs in June-July 2018 when progressed Moon triggers it, opposing natal Venus and squaring progressed Jupiter.

I don't know if exact events will unfold (since progressions are more about inner psychological unfolding than about events), so I'm not yet ready to predict a June wedding for 2018 - but there are rather amazing aspects happening all at once that are consistent with that message. To review, using July 1, 2018 as a convenient date:

** p Sun sq. r Moon, the classic "male-female mate / partnership" aspect
** p Asc is approaching op. r Jupiter, classic for weddings and generally esteem-driven partnerships
** p Mars is on p Dsc and natal Jupiter, another classic wedding aspect (or, more so, the honeymoon)
** p Jupiter long-term square to natal Venus, "good for Venus"
** p Venus leaves partile conjunction with Saturn at 21° Libra, the end of "bad for Venus"
** p Moon opposes natal Venus and progressed Jupiter

And all of that is just from secondary progressions.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:07 am

Let's look at transits.

Transiting Pluto has finished with your Moon. You've come through some emotional uprooting and purging, I'm sure. It's also likely been a hard and lonely couple of years. These have drawn a "line in the sand" - there is no going back across it to how things were before. Your life until these last few weeks is one chapter that is now ended. Going forward, the world is almost unrelated and maybe even unrecognizable, because you have changed quite a lot.

Ahead of you, Neptune opposes your Sun for a couple of years. This is a quite different energy. You are not particularly likely to perceive much of anything correctly or in the right proportion and perspective, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. People often make moves under Neptune to Sun that they would never make in their whole life if they understood things accurately, but it turns out to be the right move. (Full disclosure: They also make moves that are ill-advised. It doesn't mean it's good for you just because it happens under Neptune-Sun :) .)

This is all because Neptune-Sun primarily dissolves your prior sense of identity and direction. On the negative side, this means loss of a sense of who you are and loss of sense of direction. If you handle it mindfully and patiently, and surrender to the two-year temporary ambiguity, it creates space to discover a fuller, truer "you" coming out the other side (when the task is to reformulate a central sense of self out of the sea of diffusion that intervened).

Saturn will start playing with your Neptune and Jupiter soon, but I'm not going to dwell on that since it isn't directly relevant to your questions. (You know, or can look up, the standard meanings of this. The first complete pass is in January. )

I'm curious about the transits in June-July next year when the progressions come to a head. But there aren't a lot. Sure, a lot of the transits discussed above are in play, coming and going; and Uranus will have opposed your Pluto by then. But it's not a strongly transit-driven time. (Jupiter squares your MC in August.) Instead, it's a progressions-driven time, with natural unfolding of what was programmed into your life stage unfolding more or less from birth.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:51 pm

An aside... an interesting example, in your original post, of how we respond to the moment-by-moment shifting of the celestial sphere. Venus, at the moment you posted the original item on this thread, your own Jupiter-Neptune was setting - one would think you were wistful, expressing dreams and wishes - and a transiting Sun-Saturn conjunction was setting. (Transiting Neptune had only a little bit before crossed MC locally.

Are you still in Kingsville? If so, here is the sky when you clicked Submit:

4°08' Sag - r Neptune
5°13' Sag - t Saturn
5°19' Sag - t Sun
6°19' Sag - Desc
8°40' Sag - r Jupiter

I found that most interesting. You were writing this the very minute an exact Sun-Saturn conjunction crossed Descendant. Oh, and for deciding to write, transiting mercury was 0°10' from square your Sun.

I should look more often at the charts for the minute someone posts a question.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:33 pm

12:04 AM, Kingsville Tx
Jim, I just read your posts a few minutes ago, and after I finished reading them, I opened Solar Fire only to discover I am a few minutes away from a very depressing quatri-solar return in Pisces with a Venus/Saturn conjunction on the IC with transiting Sun square Natal Venus. I always have this fear that my problems might be arising from being out of touch with the synchronicity of life, but this proves me wrong.

I am reading and re-reading your posts, not because I don't understand but because I need it to soak into my subconscious.
Your assessment of my natal chart seems spot on as I do crave socialization, but I have always been able to see the deeper meaning in social cues a lot of people miss, and it's caused a lot of anxiety.
It's funny that you mention how sexually oriented my chart is. Especially with my Moon/Sun trine, I get the distinct impression that men, in general, are very attracted, but they seem to flirt and slink away into the shadows.
I also noticed that I had this weird effect on even very mature men, when they flirt with me, they tend to be very rude or teasing.
I guess it's just leveling because they feel intimidated.

I think there's a huge contradiction in my chart, though. I know that sign placement is not as strong as aspects or angularity, but I have the feeling that my Moon placed in Sag along with having Venus in Virgo is at direct odds with the rest of my chart, the soft aspect to my luminaries makes things a little bit worse.
I also don't feel like I'm living an authentic life, and I don't know how I got off track or how to get back on.

I really appreciate you taking time out of schedule to look into my chart, it means a lot.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 am

The good news is... Quarti-Lunars really aren't very strong. It's clear that you were in-tune. I think it's equally clear that this won't be a real "player" in your life. Your current SLR remains the top chart.

Yes, the timing of starting your post was almost the minute of the Quarti-SLR. You finished it as Sun was exactly crossing IC and your Jupiter was very close, the Venus-Saturn (and your Neptune) having moved on. I wonder if you observed the flow of your thoughts and feelings shifting, over those 29 minutes, from initially transiting Venus-Saturn and your Neptune to transiting Sun and your Jupiter. (This kind of inquiry suddenly seems like a lot of fun... tracking the immediate astrological impact on someone when they post, especially an inquiry.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 am
The good news is... Quarti-Lunars really aren't very strong. It's clear that you were in-tune. I think it's equally clear that this won't be a real "player" in your life. Your current SLR remains the top chart.

Yes, the timing of starting your post was almost the minute of the Quarti-SLR. You finished it as Sun was exactly crossing IC and your Jupiter was very close, the Venus-Saturn (and your Neptune) having moved on. I wonder if you observed the flow of your thoughts and feelings shifting, over those 29 minutes, from initially transiting Venus-Saturn and your Neptune to transiting Sun and your Jupiter. (This kind of inquiry suddenly seems like a lot of fun... tracking the immediate astrological impact on someone when they post, especially an inquiry.)
Yes, it is quite interesting Jim. I am very aware of Astrological energy and the shifting mood that accompanies them for some odd reason. Astrological energies obviously affect the whole of the psych/brain, but I think its strongest effect is on the primordial parts of the brain, which have the most to do with the subconsciousness. I think one of my problems lies in feeling out of synch when I try to seize on external synchronicity.

Also another inquiry, I am asking this at 1:24 pm my time with the moon in the exaltation degree of Venus very close to Asc. I've always resonated very strongly with archetypal feminity despite having my natal Moon in the background. Is this because of my natal Moon/Sun trine, natal Venus/Jupiter square, or the very loose square (6'14 degrees) between my natal Venus and natal Neptune?

Since the moon is in the exaltation of Venus right now, I think it's probably a combination of both natal Venus (biological feminity) and Moon (archetypical feminity).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 am

Venus_Daily wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 am
Also another inquiry, I am asking this at 1:24 pm my time with the moon in the exaltation degree of Venus very close to Asc. I've always resonated very strongly with archetypal feminity despite having my natal Moon in the background. Is this because of my natal Moon/Sun trine, natal Venus/Jupiter square, or the very loose square (6'14 degrees) between my natal Venus and natal Neptune?

Since the moon is in the exaltation of Venus right now, I think it's probably a combination of both natal Venus (biological feminity) and Moon (archetypical feminity).
I wouldbn't have guessed this from your chart. Reasons for it aren't obvious. Some astrologers would credit it to your Taurus Ascendant, but I think that's way too superficial a side of you (basically the most superficial of the "identity" factors of a chart, not a deep part of us).

A wild and crazy idea: Sagittarius was classically related to Artemis/Diana, and its natural house (3rd House) called "Goddess." But Diana isn't exactly the version of femininity you seem to be talking about.

About the only place I take asteroids half-seriously is in look for deep, archetypal themes (mythic elements) that aren't necessarily expressive in the ordinary, obvious events of our lives. Here we hit paydirt! The asteroid Ceres is in Taurus, only about 1° (mundo) above your Ascendant, while Vesta and Juno are tihtly conjoined with your Mercury, exactly square Ascendant. If the Ceres/Demeter, Vesta/Hestia, and Juno/Hera myths especially speak to your soul, I'd be inclined to count these.

As a bit of humor, let me mention that the asteroid Sisyphus is 0°01' from conjunct your Venus. You might groan with laughter reading the Sisyphus myth and reflecting on whether it is expressive of Venus matters in your life :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Jim, I forgot to ask you about the sun/moon aspects. I understand that they lend charism but why is that exactly?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm
Jim, I forgot to ask you about the sun/moon aspects. I understand that they lend charism but why is that exactly?
Because charisma, at root, is pure sexuality. Sun + Moon is as specifically a sexual polarity match as Venus + Mars. In general, Sun and Moon "cast spotlight on" what they touch, but when they are together they create that balanced moment of archetypal sexual poles coming together equally - which is pure magic. That pure magic, in one degree or shade or variation or another, is the magnetic, hard to describe attractive something that is charisma.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm
In general, Sun and Moon "cast spotlight on" what they touch, but when they are together they create that balanced moment of archetypal sexual poles coming together equally - which is pure magic. That pure magic, in one degree or shade or variation or another, is the magnetic, hard to describe attractive something that is charisma.
(Sorry for going off topic in your thread, Venus 😓)
Just a small question:
And if one's Sun-Moon connects to another's angles or planets, they would "feel/sense" the Sun-Moon aspect much more strongly, right?

I have just briefly checked the synastry of a vibrant lesbian couple (both 14 years old) and the only thing I notice is one's partile Sun-Moon conjunction (which is pretty close to her Midheaven, and they're both in Aries) partile to the other's Neptune. 🤔

(I'll willingly post this as a new thread if necessary/requested.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 am

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 am
And if one's Sun-Moon connects to another's angles or planets, they would "feel/sense" the Sun-Moon aspect much more strongly, right?
Yes. In fact, one person' luminaries to another's angles are among the most important interchanges for couples.
I have just briefly checked the synastry of a vibrant lesbian couple (both 14 years old) and the only thing I notice is one's partile Sun-Moon conjunction (which is pretty close to her Midheaven, and they're both in Aries) partile to the other's Neptune. 🤔
That's quite a different pattern, and not necessarily a good or easy one. Look up Sun-Neptune and Moon-Neptune ini the Synastry section. I suspect there is something else that anchors the relationship (unless their individual characters - what you describe as "vibrant" - really means something like flamboyant or high-production).

But the key may be that they're 14. This isn't a long-established adult realtionship, and odds are against it being a life-commitment. Maybe it's just a lucious fantasy, in which case it all makes sense.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:47 pm

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 am
(Sorry for going off topic in your thread, Venus 😓)
It's fine, in fact, I was wondering the same.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:48 pm
Venus_Daily wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm
Because charisma, at root, is pure sexuality. Sun + Moon is as specifically a sexual polarity match as Venus + Mars. In general, Sun and Moon "cast spotlight on" what they touch, but when they are together they create that balanced moment of archetypal sexual poles coming together equally - which is pure magic. That pure magic, in one degree or shade or variation or another, is the magnetic, hard to describe attractive something that is charisma.
I got hit on by an older lesbian yesterday while at the grocery store, out of nowhere, and it got me thinking about attractiveness. I sort of had a feeling that the luminaries imparted some sort of interplay in what Jung described as the Anima/Animus. I don't know if this is true or not, it's just my own reasoning, but do the moon/sun aspects project a sense of unification between the archetypes described by Jung? This aspect seems to describe the theory of the Syzgy, which could be attractive to most people in spite of gender or sexual orientation. At the symbolism's core, it seems to be all about wholeness.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Agreed. Or, at least, about the tenuous point of union of opposites (a bit of temporary wholeness along the way). The symbolism is quite right on.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com