Any luck in love for now?

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Any luck in love for now?

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:54 am

Well, it shouldn't hurt to ask...

Do I have any chances of getting into a relationship, or going to dates anytime around now?

My Uranus-to-Venus sesquisquare transit that ended on March 6 was a disappointment. My peers often get into sudden, exciting relationships under this transit, although their transits are the 0-90-180 ones, not the 45 & 135 degree ones, and as is with the nature of this transit and their ages, the relationships formed within this transit end up with drama, partly from the "clinginess" of one of the parties.

For me the transit (from Oct 29, 2017 till March 6, 2018, not the eariler passes of Uranus to my Venus) was sometimes being excited to get into a relationship, which then became frustration (but not too strongly of one). Had two great sexual fantasies, my chest having a burning sensation as a result in both of them. In one of the fantasies, angular natal Neptune, and t.Moon squaring my Neptune (hence t.Moon also being angular) were appropriately involved. Later that night my eyes had a nice glow to them, and it seemed like I briefly caught the attention of an attractive married man. Although I'll say that it isn't so great to fantasise as when I was in my Neptune-to-Venus transit, where most of the time I am pleased with fantasies alone. Neptunian fantasies and Uranus-Venus energies didn't always seem to mix well for me, as sometimes it feels like "electricity and smoke". Not always a great or desired combination. Sometimes I get very eager (or even slightly frustrated) to lose my virginity. Had a dream of making out with a random person (caressed as I pleased, went on to kiss, the kisses were sloppy but I went with it, and then the dream ended. Don't know why I'm sharing the details, but why not, I guess). Always checking out on guys wherever I go, even in the temples - or actually, especially in the temples because reliably lots of handsome Indians flock there. I had my eye on two men in school (one of them seemed like he was checking me out too at first, and he seems very homosexual himself) but both later showed that they aren't interested. The one who seemed like was checking me out (20/11/2001 is his birthday if you wanna know) ignored my message on Instagram (it was just a "hi there") and the other (his birthday's on Feb 14, 2001) actually declined my follow request. Although it does seem like he knows I am (was) onto something with him. And then on March 5, I registered in a Singapore-based gay forum (which has a good number of Malaysians too) and posted something in the "Looking for a LTR (long-term relationship)" thread, no luck so far either.

I notice that Neptune's angular as I type this (and my Venus was angular when I first started to type), and I don't like it. Well at least Saturn's not angular instead.

Edited to add, 1.07-1.10am Malaysian Time: I feel like I need some inspiring, good-spirited love that raises both parties to new levels. Being there and helping out on each other, meaningful conversations, embracing each other, making each other smile when together, warm feelings, and a "come on, don't you want me right now" type of affection and romance.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Any luck in love for now?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Scales, you are going to be so good at this relationship thing when you're an adult :) I love where you come from. Even your crazy times come from the right place (in my humble judgmental opinion).

Just remember: Life keeps unfolding as you go. While still in school, it's so tempting to think that this is what the world is like. It isn't. It's high school society, which is more bizarre than a TV fantasy society. Then you enter adulthood and, more or less, need to forget everything you learned about relating in the prior ten years and start over. You'll love it.

Let's look at your transits first: The biggest thing is Uranus opposing your Sun. It's going to go on for some other stuff, but it's centered on this one, really important aspect at the moment. While this may seem not to be about relationships, it is Uranus opposite your Libra Sun, so... of course it's about relationships. But, more importantly, it's about you, your breaking out and honesty and disclosure and discovery. Reread the "Kid Gloves" article on Uranus - it's wonderful, and important to you right now. (Especially because you're a Neptunian!)

As you break loose and become more freely yourself, and discover that certain fictions were just clouds and that certain restrictions only exist by definition (i.e., only because we say they do)... cool stuff will happen. This is your discovery time, especially self-discovery.

You also have a Mars return in a few days. This means you are starting a (roughly) 18-month new cycle in expression of Mars in your life. What has the last cycle been about? That is, what has your life been like overall since September 2016? That's the cycle (the phase of growth and experience) that is coming to a close right now.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Jim wrote:
Scales, you are going to be so good at this relationship thing when you're an adult :)
To the point I have stated in the past, he needs to advertise himself as a professional astrologer specializing in comparison relationship charts. :)

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 pm
Scales, you are going to be so good at this relationship thing when you're an adult I love where you come from. Even your crazy times come from the right place (in my humble judgmental opinion).
Oh Jim, I first read this when a Mercury-Venus conjunction was rising, and I was very flattered. :)
But what makes you say this? I haven't even been in a relationship yet, and where am I coming from exactly?
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Just remember: Life keeps unfolding as you go. While still in school, it's so tempting to think that this is what the world is like. It isn't. It's high school society, which is more bizarre than a TV fantasy society. Then you enter adulthood and, more or less, need to forget everything you learned about relating in the prior ten years and start over. You'll love it.
Oh, I'm just waiting when will I get into college...hopefully in an urban area with people of more open views. ✨ Thankfully my peers aren't like the juniors too. The high school social life is not really for me.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Let's look at your transits first: The biggest thing is Uranus opposing your Sun. It's going to go on for some other stuff, but it's centered on this one, really important aspect at the moment. While this may seem not to be about relationships, it is Uranus opposite your Libra Sun, so... of course it's about relationships. But, more importantly, it's about you, your breaking out and honesty and disclosure and discovery. Reread the "Kid Gloves" article on Uranus - it's wonderful, and important to you right now. (Especially because you're a Neptunian!)
Alright Jim I will. 😊 I remember how much I related to the Venus and Neptune articles, and how strikingly accurate and revealing are the Saturn, Jupiter and Mars ones. Special thanks and shout-out to our fellow forum member, Florence for mailing me one of her copies of Kid Gloves. :D
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm
As you break loose and become more freely yourself, and discover that certain fictions were just clouds and that certain restrictions only exist by definition (i.e., only because we say they do)... cool stuff will happen. This is your discovery time, especially self-discovery.
Hmm, my Uranus-Sun transit ends within a week. Although I do have a partile Sun-Uranus opposition in my SSR. This transit (esp during May-June 2017) did break me free from the "residual effects" from my Neptune-Venus and Saturn-Venus transits, made me finally lose interest in my past school crush, and along with a demi-SSR having Jupiter angular, brought positivity, self-love and colour. There was some excitement too, entering in a new school to begin my Sixth form studies. And the need to express myself was high. Lots of nice, fresh optimism. Miley Cyrus's "Malibu" was my favourite song to listen to, the song's colourful vibes matched a lot of mine back then.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
You also have a Mars return in a few days. This means you are starting a (roughly) 18-month new cycle in expression of Mars in your life. What has the last cycle been about? That is, what has your life been like overall since September 2016? That's the cycle (the phase of growth and experience) that is coming to a close right now.
My last Mars return featured a Saturn-Neptune square, with natal Venus on IC (maybe partile). IIRC in the old forum, you (or some other senior forum member) described Saturn-Neptune as "sticky mud", "muddy swamp" or something along those lines. Life has been very slow-paced and without much [exciting] change and action. Sixth form is hard and is mostly about academic performance only. Yet I know how a great result would really help me get what I favour, later in my undergraduate life. I need some motivation, which I thought could come if I were in a relationship with a peer (but of course, that's not the main reason why I want to be in a relationship). Recently my seniors' results were released, and the only ones who got a 4.0 CGPA were a Chinese couple. So far I'm interested in none of my sixth-form peers. Maybe there is hope once new juniors come in this May.

Also there was depression and my being very physically weak during January and February 2017 from the heartbreak from Neptune's transit to my Venus, but that could be attributed to my 2016 SSR which also has Saturn and Neptune angular, along with r.Venus (albeit wider from the angles than in the SMR).
The SMR could also function as an additional layer to the heartbreak event on Oct 14, 2016, along with my 2015 SSR with t.Venus-Neptune angular and r.Venus angular, and my 2016 SSR too which was only a week away.

Also, this Mars return (t.Saturn-Neptune and r.Venus angular) definitely shows why everyone I've gotten interested in this period were unavailable or not interested, despite the fact that I'm long past my Neptune-to-Venus transit! Even recently, I was attracted to a contestant in an Indian singing competition—he's 27, but turns out he was married since he was 23. :shock: Like how would I know.
I have to be grateful of the 0°47' (0°23' in mundo) Moon-Jupiter conjunction (that squares natal/SMR Mars) in the Mars return since it might have functioned as a saving grace, from potential Saturn-Neptune Mars and Venus situations with or without me knowing it.

My upcoming Mars return tomorrow looks interesting, Pluto's 1°30' from IC in mundo, SMR Moon is 2°40' opposite from Jupiter (1°51' in mundo) and partile trine the angular Pluto in eclipto, also partile connecting to my natal Moon-Mercury. Transiting Venus is 1°29' square the MC, 3°49' setting in mundo. Uranus is moderately angular on the Descendant too, and the midpoint of Venus and Uranus in mundo is 0°21' from Dsc. Looks like I need to take note of potential men with important personal points around 24° and 27°Spoke, and 25°Rim (that would also mean it's connecting to my Moon-Mercury). There's also a little bit of Mercury's influence, with Mercury setting 6°52' and 1°12' conjunct Venus in eclipto.
Last edited by TheScales_BothWays on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm
Jim wrote:
Scales, you are going to be so good at this relationship thing when you're an adult :)
To the point I have stated in the past, he needs to advertise himself as a professional astrologer specializing in comparison relationship charts. :)
Thank you Steve, but as I have said, I'm not sure whether would some people like to have their synastry reading from an 18-year-old, that has never been in a relationship yet. 🤔 :)

That having been said, I am planning to start a thread though, to introduce synastry, and eventually Sidereal astrology in the gay forum that I recently joined. Hopefully I'll get some positive reception, and if all goes well, get paid a small amount by some of those members for a detailed reading. :D

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:43 am

Good idea Scales, and remember Jim started writing about astrology at a age younger than you. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 am

TheScales_BothWays wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am
Special thanks and shout-out to our fellow forum member, Florence for mailing me one of her copies of Kid Gloves. :D
Special thanks to her, indeed! - Though, did you notice that the full "Kid Gloves" is right here on the site?
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28
Jim Eshelman wrote:
My last Mars return featured a Saturn-Neptune square,
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't care about the Mars return as a chart at all, and thought I was going of my way not to get you to think about it. I'm just treating tis as a cycle: With no reference to anything astrological, but only your memory and records of your life, what has your life been about from September 2016 until now? What began about then and as been in a developing or recurring arc of its own? Etc. - I want you to think about your life for this, not think about (or anchor it to) anything astrological.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:47 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 am
Special thanks to her, indeed! - Though, did you notice that the full "Kid Gloves" is right here on the site?
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28
Well, Florence's copies of Kid Gloves is actually your Onedrive copy, with your introduction, brief comments and all — printed and bound. Always better to read something in it's physical form. 😊
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 am
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't care about the Mars return as a chart at all, and thought I was going of my way not to get you to think about it. I'm just treating tis as a cycle: With no reference to anything astrological, but only your memory and records of your life, what has your life been about from September 2016 until now? What began about then and as been in a developing or recurring arc of its own? Etc. - I want you to think about your life for this, not think about (or anchor it to) anything astrological.
Oh, my bad. :oops:
TBH, I couldn't get myself to articulate the general tone of that Mars return period. 18 months is a long period to pin down without any astrological anchor. Besides, much of what happened during this period was already described well by other factors, like SSRs, transits, lunar returns, etc. Only after viewing my Mars return as a chart and thinking of Mars keywords (action, physical attraction) did I realise any appropriate themes of that period that correlate with the return.