James Condor on Venus in Scorpio

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
James Condor on Venus in Scorpio

Post by James Condor » Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 am

In comparing the Venus in Scorpio findings to my own experiences I agree with everything except for 'Very Animated' and 'accident prone'. This could be because I do not completely understand sidereal astrology or Venus.
I am sometimes animated, but I wouldn't consider myself such. I wonder if, I have to be in love or around love or perceived love for me to be animated. Accident prone, not in love. No children, no std's, no major health, physical or mental accidents in love. No broken furniture or lamps while making love. I have caused automobile accidents. At least 5, I don't even know. But that has nothing to do with love.
The biggest quality I find in myself, that is also in line with the data, is that I often feel suffocated in intimate relationships and when someone pursues me and/or gives me too much attention. This makes me moody, uneasy and irritable. Without a doubt I need freedom, not just in romantic pursuits, but even while in a relationship. And it is rare that I am committed to one partner. I find it unfair that I shouldn't be allowed to share my love with more than one person. People should be able to be in multiple intimate relationships, without being judged or persecuted. I do understand jealousy, respect, fairness and everything else related, but monogamy makes less sense to me. A big question I often ask myself is -which is more fair, monogamy or polygamy?
The data says 'social claustrophobia', and I don't really know what that is but I guess that means I get claustrophobic in public, but it really depends on the specific environment. I am generally good in public when I feel I am being myself and not anxious. I have mild social anxiety when in small gatherings where I feel I have to be something I am not. When I perceive that others are getting me wrong, or putting me in a category I become a mixed bag of emotions. I fight with accepting others or being more responsible.
My affections are impulsive and adventurous as the data suggests. And I can be really hot and turned on one moment, and cold and turned off the next. Is this the moody part? Committed one moment, and uncommitted the next.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: James Condor on Venus in Scorpio

Post by By Jove » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

Might as well encourage this thread, as it has been sitting here for months on end.

The only Scorpio Venus person I have any real experience with is my mother. She has been divorced for over ten years after a very unhappy marriage. She has every chance now to meet up with a new boyfriend and enjoy life again but she doesn't. Her usual excuse is, "I want to keep my dignity.", which is the Leo Moon talking. But I suspect she is afraid to get caught in the complex web of a relationship with someone, especially after being trapped for twenty years with an abusive and controlling partner. She has power and independence when single, so it could be her Scorpio Venus instinctively kicking in to keep things that way. Leo Moon has no complaints.

Keep in mind her Scorpio Venus is loosely conjunct her Scorpio Saturn. Venus is already in detriment in Scorpio, and Saturn only cramps Venus further. In other words, not much luck in love. And I thought I had it bad.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 am

By Jove wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am
She has every chance now to meet up with a new boyfriend and enjoy life again...
Two entirely unrelated things.
As the old saying goes, a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:19 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 am
By Jove wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am
She has every chance now to meet up with a new boyfriend and enjoy life again...
Two entirely unrelated things.
As the old saying goes, a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.
I've always taken this quote to mean something like "a woman really needs not to have a man, having one is affirmatively harmful, like a fish trying to lug a useless bicycle around the ocean." At least that was the case with every radical feminist I have heard quote this in my presence. In the descriptive rather than argumentative spirit that JSAD undoubtedly intends, I agree with him 100%--a woman can be perfectly happy with or without a man, as can a man with or without a woman.

But if in point of fact she does honestly want to be in a relationship but has been sabotaging her relationship opportunities for fear of once again being in an abusive relationship, the indications would seem to favor her ability to change behavior if she so chooses. But finding genuine happiness without a relationship is an equally valid possibilty, as JSAD points out.
Time matters

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 am

I know a number of women whose sons keep trying to push them into finding A Man. Most women with sons feel they already have a man, and they don't want another because they tend to get territorial and snarly. Most women I know prefer to wait till their sons are no longer showing up for food and laundry service. Reduces the scuffle and confusion.
that
ETA: Never heard that reading of the fish with a bicycle saying before. I think most people get similes.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:27 am

Not saying the two are mutually related. But ONE WAY she could be happier than she is right now is by being in solid relationship with someone, rather than by being alone, miserable, unexposed to different people, and trapped in destructive patterns of behavior. But she always refuses the idea, even when she herself brings it up, for the reasons stated above.
Last edited by By Jove on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Maybe my natal class one aspect of Venus-Uranus makes me want freedom, but I enjoy New relationships and I usually only date someone for a months. But it usually is intense! Fast. And getting to know strangers I really enjoy. Sometimes, I'd rather go out alone and just meet new people than with a friend or friends.
I have been told, by some and few, that I would be better with someone, but, I would also rather be alone than in a bad relationship. But, more than anything, I get bored, and need a different friend or partner to keep, I'm don't know, fresh, stimulated. Again this might be the aspect more than sign placement but not entirely. As far as sign placement, reading Jims data, I think the fast and intense says it all. I can fall in, and out, of love fast. And many times it seems like a marriage. But, I get stifled

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm Venus in Scorpio in both tropical and sidereal chart. I can say I don't exactly know where Jim was going with the whole accident prone thing. Everything else is true however. I have Mars and Uranus acting in Venus too so my aspect there is very dynamic. I have a lot of dynamic energy in Scorpio (Mercury aspects angular Jupiter in Aries and mars in Capricorn and Mercury was the first planet to rise after my birth and is in foreground, Venus aspects mars and Uranus, Pluto is Conj. Chiron and aspects and 8th house moon) maybe this leads me to agree with some of Jims definitions of Scorpio more? I do love and appreciate Venus in Scorpio it's one of my favorite placements.

*Sidenote* I've noticed Venus has as much to do with appearance as the rising sign, rising sign may be more of how your body looks and Venus is clothing and aesthetics.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:53 pm
...I don't exactly know where Jim was going with the whole accident prone thing.
James Condor was quoting a line that used to be in the standard Venus in Scorpio material for this site. It was there because of a statistical study of accident victims originally done only in the Tropical zodiac and showing Venus in (Tropical) Sagittarius as the most common sign for people who had serious accidents.

However, the effect was not as significant as one might want (and the boundaries of Tropical Sagittarius and Sidereal Scorpio aren't exactly the same, making the "soft" statistical significance even more uncertain. Furthermore, I couldn't find evidence of a strong trend for "accidentitis" among people I knew with Venus in Scorpio; so, sometime after James started this thread, I deleted that line.
I do love and appreciate Venus in Scorpio it's one of my favorite placements.
LOL, I have it there too. I came to appreciate it much more after I moved to where Venus was on an angle than when I lived with Venus in the weakest part of the chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Much of my energy is focused in Scorpio I do value love/passion over everything else (Mars/Venus). I believe intamcy (Mars/Venus) is the key in a relationship and you turn that key with communication (Mercury). Everyone is going to have things they can't share and you need to learn to heal in spite of this fact (Pluto and Chiron). I'm an all or nothing kind of guy in any kind of love but I know that part of intimacy is the trust that your partner loves you enough that you can give them a little freedom and some space to breath. I also think true friendships are very intimate.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..