Altitude conjunctions with the meridian (MC and IC)

Q&A and discussion on Angularity.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: Altitude conjunctions with the meridian (MC and IC)

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am

UncleAries wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 am
my method of renaming the ingresses and saving them after they are calculated will still save him time even when making monthly prognostications.
Saving ingresses isn't going to save much time. Jim just starts with the ingresses as shown in the thread I directed you to.

Jim is working on his own research. He's said a number of times he's hoping to live long enough to complete it. You're not asking for something he can just toss off in a few minutes. While he's tried to help you with methods and ideas and answering questions, he may not have time to do your research as well as projects from other people who want him to do their research as well and still finish what he's trying to get done.
BTW, he's also working two jobs, and has a wife and a demanding cat who occasionally need attention too. I think he still has to have some sleep once in awhile. Not sleeping is a skill Trump has mastered, but Jim hasn't yet. ;)

SteveS
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by SteveS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 am

UncleAries wrote:
you need 2 factors to check in order to get angularity
1. you need at least 2 planets (never a single one) each on seperate side of meridian (1before 1after, or 1left 1 right side) in LONGITUDE!!! within 1 degree midpoint to the MC or IC
2. then you need those very same two or more planets to be conjunct the meridian in altitude z-analogue within 1 degree orb
Uncle, I have a burning question: When we run a Z-Analogue Prime Vertical Chart in Solarfire, checking for exact degree of a planet to a primary angle, don’t we need to know or see the Prime Vertical Chart of an altitude z-analogue (which SolarFire will not do) in order to see/know the true orb of a planet for the altitude MC-IC axis?? I am somewhat confused over this issue.

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:10 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am

Saving ingresses isn't going to save much time. Jim just starts with the ingresses as shown in the thread I directed you to.

Jim is working on his own research. He's said a number of times he's hoping to live long enough to complete it. You're not asking for something he can just toss off in a few minutes. While he's tried to help you with methods and ideas and answering questions, he may not have time to do your research as well as projects from other people who want him to do their research as well and still finish what he's trying to get done.
BTW, he's also working two jobs, and has a wife and a demanding cat who occasionally need attention too. I think he still has to have some sleep once in awhile. Not sleeping is a skill Trump has mastered, but Jim hasn't yet. ;)
jupe, you jump to conclusions without reading people's posts properly

once Mr. Eshelman informed me that he is busy and the difficulty of collating the data that i desire, that was is it. I didnt push on.

I only asked him why does he need to recalculate ingresses again?

I dont want him to do the job for me, im doing it myself for the whole fire catalog, 35 event 8 ingresses 280 charts, renaming them and saving them.

and saving ingresses in the long run will of course save time, many times in the course of SMA exploration an astrologer has to go back and recalculate it for all sorts of things...this way you dont need it, just open them in their proper files...

the first time you calculate them you might as well rename and save them, 1 min of time for all 8 ingresses
Last edited by UncleAries on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 am

UncleAries wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:57 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 am
one question, why do you have to recalculate every chart?[/

dont you save your ingresses (4 solar 4 lunar) of every catalog event?
No. Too much storage and complexity. I look at them and delete them. (I have the data I want copied off elsewhere, e.g., chart ratings to a spreadsheet, aspect and angularity to Word files, etc.
who modified my post and answered within my post?
Mr Eshelman?

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:15 am

I apologize. That was an accident. (I apparently hit the Edit button instead of the Reply button. Moderators and Admins have more buttons than you see, and, most regrettably I screw that up at least a couple of times a year.

:oops:
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:21 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:15 am
I apologize. That was an accident. (I apparently hit the Edit button instead of the Reply button. Moderators and Admins have more buttons than you see, and, most regrettably I screw that up at least a couple of times a year.

:oops:
no problem Mr. Eshelman, as long as you inform me, you know that i respect you.
Last edited by UncleAries on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 pm

BTW the ingress recalculation isn't the slow part. I can do all the charts for a given event in under a minute (if I don't make mistakes). Part of that, though, is because I leave certain settings intact in Solar Fire - for example, the "Harmonic, Transforms & Analogues" is always kept at Prime Vertical analogue so that when I'm speeding through charts I can do all the quotidians I want with click, F6, enter (and repeat) without even looking as I go. If I have to switch to another analogue, that slows me down because then have to do the rest first, do the work, then reset it back to PV before I leave, or I'll trip myself up a great deal next time I launch SF.

The part of your last definition set that had me say, "Enough, I'm not taking the time for that" wouldn't be helped by having the ingresses saved. It's when you said that the two or more planets apart had to be separated either by north-south or east-west. Now, north-south (below-above) is easy - I never need anything but the Altitude column of the Reports page, a click of one button or a Shift+F1 from the front screen if the chart isn't opened. But east-west requires calculating the parallel and then visual inspection of the chart to see if it passes the criteria. That's simply too much to ask for something that hasn't made a good showing in any other incarnation or variation (and it increases the chance of error from the visual inspection).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:01 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 am
UncleAries wrote:

Uncle, I have a burning question: When we run a Z-Analogue Prime Vertical Chart in Solarfire, checking for exact degree of a planet to a primary angle, don’t we need to know or see the Prime Vertical Chart of an altitude z-analogue (which SolarFire will not do) in order to see/know the true orb of a planet for the altitude MC-IC axis?? I am somewhat confused over this issue.
you need this type of page design
where you have midpoint module and altitude value list on the longitude screen

and no we dont need prime vertical, except if we take prime vertical midpoint to MC IC which is also a possibility, then you need to fire up a charts mundo with the same page design above

the altitude value never changes, not even in prime vertical

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 pm
BTW the ingress recalculation isn't the slow part.
for me it is. i hate the whole process because of 2 reasons

this what happens when i fire up a chart return

1. every single chart i have to press location natal for every single ingress, i hate it, it's always on relocated is there any way around it?

2. every new event i have to type in date and time of the event, why doesnt it use the events date, stupid software

thanks

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:39 pm

If you start from an event chart, select it and do Shift + F12 as if you are going to relocate it. This loads date and time (but not place) into the buffers. While there, leaving relocated selected, put in the location you want as a relocation spot. PressEsc to back out.

This preloading is the key to speed. After that, it's just a couple of keystrokes and clicks per chart.

For today, use the Now button.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 pm

i dont want relocation

i want event date and time and event location to be preloaded!

thanks

update:
aha, now i get it thanks, too bad i have to manually type in event location, but even this way it's a lot faster thanks again
Last edited by UncleAries on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:48 pm

You don't have to relocate the chart. You just over come the matter you're complaining about by typing the natal location AS IF it's. A relocation. You then to the the 10 or so charts for the same event without typing it again.

Ingresses are treated as solar returns which, thankfully, always default to local. There is no way to change this default, but there are ways to make it unobtrusive.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by SteveS » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:41 pm

UncleAries wrote:
the altitude value never changes, not even in prime vertical
Got it--thanks. Now I remember Jim telling me the simple way of seeing altitude positions with Solarfire. Damn my aging mind. :oops:

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Altitude never changes... True but sad. It would be great if, in a PV analogue chart, the altitude column flipped to PV amplitude. Several cool things we could do with that.

EDIT: Or, it makes more sense to put it in the latitude column.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com