Non-Foreground Mundane Aspects

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 am

In the light of Mr. Eshelman's exploration findings that Non-Foreground prime vertical mundoscope aspects produce stable scores around 75 percent (3/4) i thought someone should open a topic for these aspects so we can discuss them.

Read Mr. Eshelman's topic here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1475

And his orb guidelines
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 am
UncleAries wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:06 am
what kind of aspects and orbs are you using for
0 90 180?
3 degrees?
Exactly the same as the standard for any aspects in ingresses: 4° for conjunctions and oppositions (weakening after 3°, but counting them for this purpose) and 3° for squares.
I have two natal pv mundo non-angular contacts not present in the natal longitude

moon square neptune 0°53
saturn conjunct pluto 0°41

and i do display their character traits, very interesting

My question toward Mr. Eshelman:
Would you be confident using standard orbs for these just like in ingresses, or would you lower them to 1 degree lets say for natal work (including solar and lunar return)?

And i forgot to ask, what about 45° and 135° in ingress exploration?

Thanks

Jim Eshelman
Irish
Irish

Re: Non-Foreground Mundane Aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:15 am

There are other threads on this, here and there around the site (or maybe buried in other discussions). A couple of advisories if you want to dig into this.

First, don't assume that what works in mundane charts (ingresses) is the same as what works in natal charts. Often it isn't, especially where aspects are concerned. (A given thing may or may not work the same, or similarly - one simply can't presume it.)

Second, as a starting point: There is no more than passing anecdotal evidence that mundane aspects work in natal charts at all. They probably do (that's just my opinion of the moment), but it isn't clear at all that this is so.

Third, especially if they turn out to be valid in natal charts but subtle, it might be that they are most relevant in relocation - aspects that disappear or newly appear on changing location. There are other places (e.g., parans) where this kind of distinction shows in contrast between locations more than it shows otherwise (almost as, "Wow, I never knew that was true about me until it stopped being true").

Fourth, the "guidelines" I provided in that thread ONLY apply to solar and lunar ingresses. They were never intended to apply to anything else. since orbs of ecliptical aspects are at least double in a natal chart compared to an ingress, and there are numerous other aspects that are valid natally that are worthless / ineffective in ingresses, we should not assume that their mundane counterparts, if valid at all, are constrained to aspect behavior in ingresses. (One might prudently choose to look at only the closest and strongest of these, e.g., Class I hard aspects, but one shouldn't think this is their limit. If valid at all, natal mundane conjunctions and oppositions may have 7°-10° orbs just like their ecliptical counterparts.)
UncleAries wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 am
Would you be confident using standard orbs for these just like in ingresses, or would you lower them to 1 degree lets say for natal work (including solar and lunar return)?
Quite the opposite. (See above.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com