Rapt Altitude Conjunction (RAC)

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Rapt Altitude Conjunction (RAC)

Post by UncleAries » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Setting aside angular MAC's for now in the light of Mr. Eshelmans SMA ingress distribution contacts, ill get back to them in the future....

i would like to propose to you all a new type of aspect i've been playing with more than a years time...

its called Rapt Altitude Conjunction (RAC)

equivalent in power of a de facto conjunction compared to longitude for example

it is also based in the Altitude framework, but it has nothing to do with angularity with the meridian (let alone the horizon), they are not rapt parallels, and they are also not midpoint variations, they can be located all over the map so to speak..,
That is also the reason why i propose the name RAC, and i believe we are dealing with rapt motion in altitude framework...

Mr. Eshelman and other older siderealists have hinted at them viewtopic.php?p=5409#p5409, but i went a step further and did a minor pilot study to see if it captures our attention.

how to check them

fire up a charts solar fire's z-analogue altitude and
1. check visually on the chart screen
OR
2. press reports on the right side, aspect list or sorted aspects limit the orb to 1°01' below
OR
3.if you dont have solar fire or you like using numeric display in the chart analysis screen then you have to check manually altitude number of a planet or planets to match

basically you are looking for a conjunction of at least 2 planets or more with themselves in altitude within 1°01'

IGNORE all angles and other things, check only planets with planets

i suggest using sorted aspects screen with orbs manually limited below, if you're doing a lot of SMA ingresses then i advise you to go to aspect set - planet- then create a new aspect set with only conjunctions activated 1°01' orb across the board, this way you will get less cluttered sorted aspects screen in solar fire

i have a pilot study with mass murders from SMA v14, 17 events examined in a Excel spreadsheet prepared, all 4 solar and all 4 lunar ingress contact hits, all event location, i didnt filter dormancy, i only listed RAC contact hits with the MOON, because moon aspects are most important in mundane ingresses, they add to the overall score and it speeds up the process, maybe if they impress Mr. Eshelman we will study other planetary RAC contacts as well

i only removed RAC contacts that have a 0-90-180 degree aspect present in ingresses in longitude and pv campanus mundoscope within 4 degrees and of course co-angularity

if Mr. Eshelman would like to check my excel spreadsheet, let me know if i can send you the small file in a private message attachment

feel free to ask any questions...

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: Rapt Altitude Conjunction (RAC)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Interesting conversation. I'll mostly stay out of it because I have enough research priorities now to keep me going for the next six months at least.

I'll express skepticism about any kind of parallel. There are geometric considerations (first realized in dealing with standard astrological parallel aspects in declination). The biggest issue isn't whether or not classic parallels they are valid (all the evidence I've seen says they are not), but that the odds of them occurring are high and the standardized 1° has substantially different meaning in different parts of the zodiac. (For a quick demonstration, see how long it takes the Sun to change 1° of declination within half a sign of 5° Pisces or Virgo compared to within half a sign of 5° Gemini or Sagittarius.) That's why approaches like (what Solar Fire calls) the "Longitude Equivalent Declination" was created - based on work by Charles Jayne - as one reasonable approach to overcoming the problem in measuring their existence.

The same kind of issues exist with any "parallel" form and - in the best view - they require more sophisticated assessment methods, some of which haven't been invented. One would expect viable orbs to vary at different points in the circle.

Nonetheless, these are theoretical concerns that shouldn't stop people from drawing preliminary conclusions. I've seen tons of parallels in both altitude and PV amplitude, and wondered if there might be something to them, though the complexities make a clear assessment of that difficult.

One's own natal might be a good place to start on these. (I don't have any in my natal other than my Jupiter-Uranus - already a partile conjunction; none in my local natal; and none in my current SSR. My mate has none in her natal, but picks up Sun-Mercury 22' in her locality chart. As a first impression, it's hard to argue that she is more like a Sun-Mercury person here than in the many other places she's lived; in some ways, she's less. She also gets Mars-Jupiter 39' here. but she has a partile Mars-Jupiter sesqui-square anyway.)

BTW, one needn't go to an altitude analog chart to see these. (I certainly don't want to do it that way, because it throws off permanent settings I keep in SF). It's way easier. When you have the chart open, just to hit the Reports button and read the Altitude column to spot them.

Aries, are you also using contra-parallels in altitude, or only direct parallels?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:36 pm

im only using direct parallels that is to say a conjunction of at least 2 planets or more with themselves in altitude within 1°01', other things dont interest me currently, dont care about angles, dont care about midpoints, dont care about declinations and so on...

do you mind only rating these RAC hit contacts with the moon, will only take you a couple of minutes for mass murder catalog, thats all i need to start, wont take much of your time i understand you're busy

pretty please?

Mass murder catalog sma v14

Buddhist Temple
CAPSOLAR
Moon Cnj Ura 0°57' A

Virginia Tech
ARISOLAR
Moon Cnj Mar 0°58' A
Moon Cnj Mer 0°46' S
Moon Cnj Ura 0°55' S

Oslo attacks
LIBSOLAR
Moon Cnj Jup 0°04' A

CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Plu 0°41' A

Sandy Hook shooting
CANSOLAR
Moon Cnj Jup 0°51' S

LIBLUNAR
Moon Cnj Sat 0°15' S

San Bernardino shootings
CANSOLAR
Moon Cnj Mar 0°29' A

CAPLUNAR
Mon Cnj Plu 1°00' S

St. Valentine's Day massacre
CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Mer 0°13' A

Richard Speck
CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Sat 0°50' S

Luby's Massacre
CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Ura 0°46' A

Columbine massacre
CAPLUNAR
Mon Cnj Nep 0°53' A

Oak Creek Sikh Temple
ARILUNAR
Moon Cnj Ven 0°39' S

Charleston AME Church shooting
CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Plu 0°17' A

ARILUNAR
Moon Cnj Jup 0°51' A

Colorado Springs shootings
LIBLUNAR
Moon Cnj Ven 0°20' S
Moon Cnj Mar 0°42' S

Pulse Nightclub
CAPLUNAR
Moon Cnj Jup 0°28' A

CANLUNAR
Moon Cnj Jup 0°37' S
Last edited by UncleAries on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:52 pm
One's own natal might be a good place to start on these. (I don't have any in my natal other than my Jupiter-Uranus - already a partile conjunction; none in my local natal; and none in my current SSR. My mate has none in her natal, but picks up Sun-Mercury 22' in her locality chart. As a first impression, it's hard to argue that she is more like a Sun-Mercury person here than in the many other places she's lived; in some ways, she's less. She also gets Mars-Jupiter 39' here. but she has a partile Mars-Jupiter sesqui-square anyway.)
It occurred to me that it might be worth showing other varieties of parallels here for these same personal charts. Other frameworks give a lot more (which is neither pro nor con), and there are always a lot of reasons to cross them off (because an aspect or other obvious equivalent occurs in the chart).

For my natal chart, PV amplitude parallels:
Jupiter-Uranus [already in conjunction]
Mercury-Venus [Mercury in Libra anyway]
Mercury-Neptune
Mars-Neptune [already in square]

For my natal chart, declination parallels:
Venus-Mars [already in sextile]
Uranus-Pluto [I'll leave it on the list; their semi-sextile isn't convincing]

For my local chart, PV amplitude parallels:
Sun-Saturn [unique but completely unconvincing for locale]

For my current SSR, PV amplitude parallels:
Mars-Pluto [conceivably refers to a health issue, but might be a stretch]

For my current SSR, declination parallels:
Saturn-Pluto

For Marion's natal, PV amplitude parallels:
(none)

For Marion's natal, declination parallels:
Saturn-Neptune [arguably/debatably valid]
Moon-Uranus [fits her temperament, though Uranus sq. Asc also]
Mercury-Venus [fits well enough but also explainable by other things]

For Marion's local chart, PV amplitude parallels:
Uranus-Pluto [fits her, but no more here than, say, in SF or Alaska]

For Marion's SSR, PV amplitude parallels:
Sun-Mercury [unclear that there is anything unique to Su-Me this year]

For Marion's SSR, declination parallels:
Saturn-Pluto [this would have fit far more in other years]
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm

UncleAries wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:36 pm
do you mind only rating these RAC hit contacts with the moon, will only take you a couple of minutes for mass murder catalog, thats all i need to start, wont take much of your time i understand you're busy
OK, but then I'm going to try to stay away from this. And BTW it's not just a couple of minutes if I give them due consideration - but I'll speed through and give first impressions.

I'm presuming your math is correct (your track record is excellent on that :) ), that you have only used charts that were already otherwise deemed viable, etc. I'm not comparing to anything already found in the charts. I'm not trying to assess (the really hard part) what the odds are for a 1° altitude parallel to exist in the relative parts of the sky (which I consider a big issue). Just speed reading the list of aspects you provided...

We already know that Moon-Uranus aspects are the most common lunar aspects for these events, with a distinct shortage of Moon-Venus, Moon-Mercury, and Moon-Pluto.

I'd like to be able to score Moon-Mars and Moon-Saturn higher, but can't do it: Mars and Saturn angularities were high for these events, but Moon-Mars and Moon-Saturn aspects were average at best. Nonetheless, I biased the scoring your way a bit by giving these a +1 on principle. Going by what has been found previously, they should get a 0.

Buddhist Temple
CAPSOLAR: Moon-Uranus +2

Virginia Tech
ARISOLAR: Moon-Mars +1, Moon-Mercury -2, Moon-Uranus +2

Oslo attacks
LIBSOLAR: Moon-Jupiter 0
[can argue it either way for an ideological event, probably deserves -1 in a more rigorous scoring]

CAPLUNAR: Moon-Pluto -2

Sandy Hook shooting
CANSOLAR: Moon-Jupiter -2
LIBLUNAR: Moon-Saturn -1

San Bernardino shootings
CANSOLAR: Moon-Mars +1

St. Valentine's Day massacre
CAPLUNAR: Moon-Mercury -2

Richard Speck
CAPLUNAR: Moon-Saturn +1

Luby's Massacre
CAPLUNAR: Moon-Uranus +2

Columbine massacre
CAPLUNAR: Moon-Neptune +1 [Not typical, but I'll grant it may fit.]

Oak Creek Sikh Temple
ARILUNAR: Moon-Venus -2

Charleston AME Church shooting
ARILUNAR: Moon-Jupiter +1 [because of the religious & bigotry issues]

Colorado Springs shootings
LIBLUNAR: Moon-Venus -2, Moon-Mars +1

Pulse Nightclub
CAPLUNAR: Moon-Jupiter 0 [I'd give it -1 or -2, but allowing for bigotry issues]
CANLUNAR: Moon-Jupiter 0

In summary:
+2 - 3
+1 - 6
0 - 3
-1 - 1
-2: 8
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:11 am

thanks, but that looks bad, random or even worse than MAC's

what if i checked them only in pv amplitude....

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 am

So you're jumping ship?

Yeah, they ARE bad (and random looking). That's my whole point.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

UncleAries
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by UncleAries » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 am

ive got no problem ditching things, im quite flexible

mostly im exploring new techniques for natal astrology, im only using mundane astrology for statistical examination

ive got 4 new RAC conjunctions in altitude and they are not present in longitude or pv mundo thats why they caught my eye