Mike Pence

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Mike Pence

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Jul 15, 2016

Indiana Gov. Michael Pence was born June 7, 1959, hour unknown, in Columbus, IN. His official selection as Donald Trump's running mate was announced in a Trump tweet today at 10:50 PM EDT.

I don't have Solar Fire set up yet on any computer at work, so this is all I have to say at the moment :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: Mike Pence

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:08 pm

I really thought Trump, given his professional experience, would have had his three semifinalists on stage together, someone nearby holding roses and a crown, as he announced that the second runner-up was Chris Christie, and the first runner-up was Newt Gingrich (crowd goes wild, Mike Pence tears up uncontrollably showing that he was always better at this sort of thing than Boehner)... you know, real TV. But all we got was a stinkin' tweet.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Jupiter Sets At Dawn wrote:Does it help that last night as he got on his plane in California, after the tweet announcing Pence, and after Pence was on a plane to NYC, Trump was trying to find out if he was "locked in" to Pence or could still change his mind?
This was leaked but has been vetted enough to be said out loud on national news.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

FlorencedeZ. wrote:Not really a surprise to me that Trump only tweets. It is a defensive attitude and in my view his entire campaign is rather defensive. It may appear like he is attacking and forceful but he is insecure and allegedly completely overwhelmed by developments. I would not be surprised if the Trump campaign has gone out of control already in the beginning. It may never have been his intention to run for President, it was merely a cheeky attempt to stir-up the GOP I think. Trump’s self-absorbed character had no answer to the support he gathered and the failure of his opponents. I believe he is now cornered and his actions after he had become the only candidate, hints towards a coveted wish that Clinton becomes elected.
Regards,
Flo
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Jupiter Sets At Dawn wrote:I think President Obama said it all when he said "The guy wanted to give his hotel business a boost, and now we’re praying that Cleveland makes it through July.”
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Pence has a Taurus Sun, of course, and apparently a Gemini Moon. (I think it's in Gemini for his entire birth date.) His earlier career was as a radio broadcaster (sort of an "easy listening Rush Limbaugh"), before he headed to the House for six years and then to be Indiana Governor. He has a pretty close Venus-Mars conjunction, square Neptune, with Mars-Neptune probably his most important aspect.

One might guess that 29° Spoke is important in his chart, since there is an exact Sun-Uranus square there today.

Jupiter semisquares his Mars at the moment, and Mars seems within partile orb of conjunct his Jupiter - so every side of Mars-Jupiter combinations can be expected to be part of today's events for him. Another interesting aspect, the meaning of which is not clear to me at all, is the exact Mercury-Venus conjunction in space that exactly conjoins his natal Mars.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Feb 15, 2017

Without a birth time, we remain very limited... but I'd like to see whether there are any seeming peak times during the next year or two.

Some time or other this year, he has a progressed New Moon. It may have occurred, or it may still be ahead.

Progressed Mercury conjoins his Uranus this year. Progressed Venus moves into orb of sextile natal Sun.

His Saturn return hits in about a year. If nothing has caused him to reassess his life and own a sense of destiny, that likely will do it. We can't be sure when Saturn is transiting his Moon, but we should keep an eye out for something about that.

But no clear Jupiter transits occur for at least nine months, and the most important of them are in December.

I guess this doesn't add much... just thinking aloud.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Inaugurated VP 1/20/2017, Noon, Washington, DC.
Inaugurated Indiana Governor 1/14/2013, probably in Indianapolis.
Married to Karen Whitaker 6/8/1985, after an August 1984 engagement. She was born November 18, 1958, in Kansas.

Karen Pence is a Scorpio-Aquarius, with Sun conjunct Venus on one side and opposite Mars on the other. Moon probably opposes Pluto. Mike's Moon might well be opposite her Saturn (the only planet it stands a chance of aspecting). That would place his Moon close to 0°18' Gemini, the exact opposition to her Saturn, and reawaken the question of whether he has a Taurus or Gemini Moon. (Gemini always seemed right. He even became a radio broadcaster in between times in office.)

So, a starting estimate could be found by putting his Moon opposite her Saturn. This gives 1:45 AM. If the Moon is in Gemini, it is no earlier a birth than 1:09 AM. We can start with 1:45 AM as a "why the hell not" best guess start.

This doesn't put anything angular natally, nor put any of his wife's planets on his angles. (Nor any of Trumps.) One thing of interest, though, is that the 0° Gemini Moon is easily in orb of conjunct Trump's Sun (and opposite his Moon) - this Sun-Moon interchange (now that I see it) seems utterly obvious and likely.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Married to Karen Whitaker 6/8/1985, after an August 1984 engagement. She was born November 18, 1958, in Kansas.
He was married June 8, 1985 in Marion Co. (i.e., Indianapolis). For the crudely estimated birth time, transiting Neptune and Mars are each a few degrees from the angles, but nothing is exact, and no close transits touch the Moon.

A Lunar Return for that time puts Sun on Descendant - not bad! - and a Mars-Uranus opposition square MC (and right along his natal Sun). I kinda like it. Natal Jupiter is not far from Asc, but the time would have to be earlier for Jupiter to be a major factor.

His June 3 Demi-SLR is nearly identical angles. Moon is opposite Mars, Uranus is on EP / square MC, transiting Sun squares MC. Of further interest to me is that Karen's Sun-Venus is not far from Ascendant (his Jupiter conjoins them).

So... these aren't bad.

He has no progressed Moon aspects for this event. His SNQ would be better if the angles were about 5° further along, or about 20 minutes later. But, of greater interest, his wedding was the day after his birthday, and two days after his new SSR. For the 1:45 AM time, Saturn is rising - not encouraging - but for about 5° later, his natal Jupiter is closer. In general, though, I'm not very taken with this SSR.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm

As we switch the time 20 minutes later, we reach a time for which Saturn is exactly on MC at birth. (This has the macabre effect of putting Trump's Neptune right on Pence's Descendant, square his Saturn.)

How does 2:05 AM stand up to transits?

This time would show him being sworn as Vice President with Mercury conjunct his natal Saturn on his natal MC. It shows him becoming Indiana governor with transiting Venus in about the same place, but just out of orb of each - maybe suggesting an MC closer to the 12° than 10° side; except transiting Uranus at 10°08' Pisces then exactly squared the MC for a 2:05 AM birth.

2:05 AM also gives him natal Venus and Jupiter on SNQ angles for his wedding (I engineered that to pick the time), a progressed Moon-Venus square for becoming governor, Pluto transiting just past his MC for being elected vice president, and progressed Moon conjunct natal Venus for the VP election.

Knowing that all of this is speculative, I'm ready to propose, in good faith, that we start testing a chart for 2:05 AM.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Proposed birth chart for Vice President Mike Pence
June 7, 1959, 2:05 AM, Columbus, IN

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 pm

I just noticed that, if my proposed chart for Pence is correct, he has Saturn precisely on Ascendant for his recent SSR. For the recent drama of the discovery that he has formed a PAC and is positioning himself for a presidential run, his current SLR would have Mercury on WP and two Marses conjoined on Descendant (and, actually, a Sun-Mars conjunction setting) while his Jupiter culminates.

Could be.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 am

If my proposed chart for Pence is approximately correct (2:05 AM), then there is a significant chance he will come under legal fire over the next few weeks also. This would, therefore, be a good time to test the chart, and very interesting of there's a political bullet with his name on it also!

For that birth time:

His current (12/4) SLR has Mercury-Saturn exactly rising - Saturn half a degee fro Ascendant. Pluto is exactly on EP.

His 12/17 Demi-SLR has Mercury-Neptune on the angles tied into his Sun at MC.

His 12/31 SLR has Mars conojunct Jupter on IC (Mars closest and exactly square natal Uranus).

His 1/14 Demi-SLR is less dramatic, but has Moon exactly rising and Mercury-Saturn conjunct in the rising foreground.

I'm going to start adding Pence to the monthly forecasts as a means of testing is chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com