Kesha

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Kesha

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:10 am

Apr 27, 2016

Songwriter and singer Kesha (formerly Ke$ha) was born March 1, 1987, in Los Angeles. Her mother tweeted that the clock said 12:10 AM, but the clocks were always fast so, truth be told, she isn't sure on which side of midnight her daughter was born.

Mother and daughter have their stories together. Kesha, when I asked about the time, said that the above story is what she'd always been told. She has some new stuff coming out soon, so I thought she might be in the news and might be of interest.

She's an Aquarius-Pisces. Sun is ~1°, and Mercury ~6° from IC. (Neptune has been spending time going over her Sun lately.) Besides the foreground Sun-Mercury conjunction, she has Moon closely square Uranus and conjunct Jupiter. (With that, though, I'm inclined to take seriously her mundane Moon-Saturn square 0°04'.) Venus closely sextiles the Moon-Jupiter.

Her Mars-Pluto square is the base for Mars-Neptune and Sun-Pluto trines that are closed off by sextiles (altogether tying together Sun, Mercury, Mars, Neptune, and Pluto). Despite a couple of striking dynamic aspects, the chart is heavily biased toward static aspects.

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Kesha

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:10 am

Arena wrote:There might also be some points of interest in relocations.
Pebe moved the family to Nashville, Tennessee, in 1991 after securing a new publishing deal for her songwriting. Pebe frequently brought Kesha and her brothers along to recording studios and encouraged Kesha to sing when she noticed Kesha's vocal talent.
She looks at Nashville as her hometown, that is where she grew up and spent all her childhood years.

She then later moved back to Los Angeles, seems to have not been so successful there for a few years, although making some music... but then in 2009 things changed and she had a breakthrough. After that it seems to be uphill success for her career.
After failing to negotiate with Lava Records and Atlantic Records in 2009, Kesha signed a multi-album deal with RCA Records through Dr. Luke's imprint.
RCA Records are located in New York, although I do not know if they have a branch in LA as well?
They do have a studio in Nashville, TN.

Do you know if she was living in LA after 2009, in her later success years, or if she was living elsewhere?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:11 am

She lives here at least part time. I wouldn't be surprised if she also has a Nashville home, with the details you gave. (Also, when I was at Warner Music, with our third main office center in Nashville, it was common for artists to commute between there and LA; and there's quite a songwriters' community there all by itself.)

Nashville is clearly a break-out location for her. Her Uranus rises (meaning that her Moon-Uranus square is up front). That tells many parts of the story from the childhood uprooting and resettling to her eventual break-out. LA has her angular Sun, though, which ultimately would give more fame. The last year or two, it's been under conjunction with transiting Neptune and periodic square from Saturn, so it's been a tough year. I think that will open up for her now.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:11 am

Arena wrote:Ok, that is interesting indeed.
Well, I can certainly see that Uranus on angle can make people look "different" from the crowd and I've noticed it often in famous people's charts. Her choice of having purple hair is indeed making her different. She has also stated that she felt like she didn't fit into the crowd there, which might be the cause of Uranus on angle. In Nashville she also has Neptune within 5° from EP.
The Moon-Jupiter conjunction must be a good thing to have as well for success :)

So if she is indeed living in both those places, fame seems like natural to both of them.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:12 am

Arena wrote:In Nashville she also has Neptune within 5° from EP.
No more than a 3° orb for EP/WP (always measured in RA), and the strongest effects are within 2°.
The Moon-Jupiter conjunction must be a good thing to have as well for success :)
The Moon is angular (within tight orb of square Asc), but Jupiter is not. So she gets the effect of "angular Moon is modified by Jupiter," but not the effect of "Jupiter is angular."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Arena wrote:Yes, very true, the closer the orb the greater the effect. But I don't see why a 5° orb is possible/acceptable for ASC but not for other angles. It is indeed a wide one, but it is still there, just wide. Anyway, we all know that the tighter orbs give greater effects. And then again, this birth time seems to not be totally accurate, the mother is not totally sure.

My Moon-Jupiter comment was just about that in particular, not whether it was angular or not. I suspect it is always good to have the luminaries in aspect to Jupiter. I remember Adele has Sun-Jupiter conjunction, but it is not angular.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Arena wrote:Yes, very true, the closer the orb the greater the effect. But I don't see why a 5° orb is possible/acceptable for ASC but not for other angles.
the explanation is observation. I have a couple of pilot tests of medium sized data that also shows the significance plummeting off. Remember, EP/WP aren't actual angles on their own, they are the square to MC along the Meridian. Pushing it past 3° would be (based on decades of watching) like pushing a conjunction of two planets past 10°, or a planet being 20° from Ascendant, i.e., dropped off steeply to below the limen of perceptibility.

She has plenty of Neptune regardless, due to her Pisces Moon. And, long before I'd consider a 5° orb of EP, I'd look at the simpler fact that Neptune and Saturn are both widely foreground. Neptune is 8°50' below Asc, Saturn is 6°28' above Asc, which (for example) may be related to her emerged eating disorders while living at that location.
My Moon-Jupiter comment was just about that in particular, not whether it was angular or not.
Ah, got. It - But a double-benefic-aspected Moon angular in Nashville certainly didn't hurt her public face :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:13 am

Arena wrote:I see what you mean.

Yes she does have a Pisces/Neptunian Moon.

I did read that she has had eating disorders. My foreground Saturn and Neptune have never resulted in that, and my angular Neptune has never resulted in me making music, although I do connect it to artistic and musical talent in others :) But eating disorders may have to do with depression as well, and I do know about them from own experience. I guess they can manifest in different types of illnesses.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:13 am

I think her music is especially her Aquarius Sun (modifies by the Pisces Moon). As primarily a "Sun conjunct Mercury on an angle" person, she identifies herself primarily as a writer, and only secondarily as a singer. Other indications reinforce a general need for creative expression & an ability to connect to public (her Moon-Jupiter is the kind of theme Gauquelin found distinguished "journalists" from "writers," & her music has some similar distinction). Other things show her personal stylization.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:14 am

It's now public. Here's the report from MY Times:

Kesha Will Release a Song, With Dr. Luke’s Approval
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/29/arts/ ... .html?_r=0
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:14 am

Arena wrote:To us outsiders this legal case is really astonishing. Whether her claims are true or not, then I do not understand why she couldn't just get another person to work with her on her music within the label that signed her. That could have been solved as soon as she expressed her will to do so. She should not need reasons like abuse and rape to stop working with a particular person. It's good that the label sorted out a way for her to work with another person on making her music.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:15 am

Bogdan574 wrote:
Despite a couple of striking dynamic aspects, the chart is heavily biased toward static aspects.
What's the difference between a static aspect and a dynamic aspect?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 am

Bogdan574 wrote:
Despite a couple of striking dynamic aspects, the chart is heavily biased toward static aspects.
What's the difference between a static aspect and a dynamic aspect?
The nature of the planet blends are essentially identical - Mercury + Saturn is Mercury + Saturn, no matter what the particular (major) aspect.

But the difference is that dynamic aspects are dynamic, active, assertive, proactive - energy moves, stuff happens. Static aspects present the same psychological blend and then tend to take a "nothing happens, hold it in place, don't move" kind of sense. A silly example: Pretty much any partile or near-partile Mercury aspect, no matter what, makes some severely stubborn ("rigid thought") - even Mercury trine Uranus or Pluto will show as this kind of rigidity and stubbornness (though, in that case, it will be someone stubbornly standing for their radical alternate view).

It's more complicated than that. You might want to read the section on aspects in the introductory chapter of Interpreting Solar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 am

Bogdan574 wrote:So in other words... Conjunctions, trines, and sextiles are static, while oppositions, squares, and quincunxes are dynamic?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:17 am

Conjunction is dynamic. (Don't even count quincunx, it's so ineffective. But yeah it's a subset of the "soft" series.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 pm

For those who have been following the drama of Kesha's legal battles, here is a public report of a victory two friends of mine just won for her, that should please any of her fans.

http://www.therecorder.com/id=120279243 ... ng-Release
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com