My 2017 SSR in Edinburgh

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

My 2017 SSR in Edinburgh

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 am

Ok, so here are my speculations on my upcoming SSR in Edinburgh.
Remember, I can't see mundoscope so I am just stating ecliptic aspects.

So according to a 23.40 birth time this one has the Sun partile conj. MC, with SSR Mars straddling along up there as well. Then we see a partile Uranus to DSC.

According to Ebertin Mars-Sun means:
Vitality and vigour, activity.
+ Advancement in life through one's own effort, acceptance of leading positions, the overcoming of difficulties and dangers, vocational success, extraordinary achievements.
- Failures caused by too heavy demands made upon oneself and upon others, overstrain, a strained relationship with other persons. Upsets.
And he goes on to say that on MC this conjunction means:
The tendency to do one's work for the love of it, the tendency to accept responsibility gladly, the demonstration of a masculine character, the attainment of success in life, the character of a fighter. -In a feminine nativity the meaning implied is: "Union with the husband", also "marriage"
:D I must say I am very happy to read all this, seems like another very exciting, but challenging year! :D

Another thing to make note of is that SSR Uranus is conjunct SSR DSC
URANUS conj. DESCENDANT or WESTPOINT
Changes in relationships, which now require more attention and energy. Exciting new relationships possible; while existing ones demand redesigning. Separations possible; but a strong pair-bond will be renewed if both are willing to rework it. Dependency and possessiveness don't work. Self-reliance is the keynote.
= WOW, even more excitement and hopefully some travel too (but also with the possibility of an accident manifestation with both Mars and Uranus on angles). If I look at it as concurrent Sun-Uranus it would mean a sudden turn in life, improvement of living conditions, Mars adding fast and possibly rash action or a possible accident. All in all, seems like a very ambitious year with the possibility of huge successes (hopefully not an accident).
Last edited by Arena on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: My 2017 SSR in Edinburgh

Post by Arena » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:52 am

And on to second level of interpretation.
SSR Moon is aspecting SSR Saturn and Uranus. The Moon-Saturn conjunction is middleground - hopefully nothing too serious. SSR Moon also trines n. Mars while SSR Saturn trines n. Mercury.
SSR Venus is on natal ASC, while SSR Pluto is close to n. MC and in sq. aspect to SSR Jupiter which is on n. Vx and n. Uranus. Sounds good indeed :)
SSR Mercury opp Neptune are somewhere around a sq to rel. ASC.

This is a very active SSR it seems.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:58 am

Nice SSR. A rare once in a lifetime SSR Sun-Uranus paran for potent-personal excitement, and much discovery. Also, your p. SSR Moon will cnj your n. Venus-Jupiter 180 during your solar year. SSR Jupiter 1,08 square n. MC and t. Jupiter cnj your SSR Asc later in solar year. Keep us informed.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 am

Thanks for your input Steve. Yes it does look interesting :)

So I guess I am in for another great year, full of surprises. Likin' it! :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:58 am

Today I am feeling this ridiculous, maybe a bit childish, excitement for this new SSR that starts tomorrow. I truly feel that it will be a fantastic year, full of surprises and new endeavours.

It is just sooooo very interesting. All the planets (except Moon&Saturn) are connecting to some angles. :o

The Moon's aspects are kind of contradictory though and it also aspects my n. Mars. :shock:
Moon-Saturn
Emotional survival needs emphasized. Low frustration tolerance, increased security needs (wanting to "settle in" with someone or achieve domestic security). Others appear harsh, cold, nonsupportive, unsympathetic, unresponsive, placing severe emotional demands on the native. Pleasing others instead of oneself. Emotional loss (separation, estrangement). Cautious with emotions, private, distrustful, reserved. Lonely, pessimistic, anxious, little self-confidence, low spirits. Possible health problems. Hard working, furious self-drive, insistent (advancement difficult; wounded pride; financial obligations).]

Moon-Uranus
Emotional excitement (thrill, hectic circumstances, dullness is rare). Being taken by surprise; responds to variety. Time of change (new directions, turning point, renewal; may be introduced to new lifestyle). Emotional stress (body and mind kept in sustained tension; nervous strain; possible anxiety or paranoia; watch your blood pressure!). Captivated by new areas of exploration (inquisitive, investigative, interests vary). Freedom from stereotyped attitudes (adventure, travel). Creativity, originality (manifestation of genius).
And then the solar Moon to n. Mars! :twisted:
Moon-Mars
Emotionally aggressive, or aggressively emotional (heated emotions, strong passions, hot-tempered, quarrelsome, buried hostilities stir). Competitive feelings easily aroused in native. Trying to incite an emotional response in another (Be careful--you might get one!). Tendency to pick on others, seek out their vulnerabilities (then hurt them). Dynamic, physically expressive (strongly sexual). Impulsive, rash, hasty, excited.
It is good that this twisted Moon is not angular on any level and that all the other planets have much stronger emphasize/priority this year :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:03 am

Well the SSR hadn't started this morning when it happened (the SSR has just started now, about 1,5 hours ago)... but today started with a big bang, my son kicked his little sister off the sofa and she fell on a table followed by half an hour screaming in pain, her lip swollen to double size, swelling up to the nose and one tooth a bit loose. She looks horrible today! I checked all her charts and the only connection I can see is that t. Mars is about to trine her n. Moon (which is the same degree as her brother's n. Moon) and t. Mars is aspecting a few points in my son's chart and his mood is pretty aggressive these days, but then again he is often very aggressive. This "accident" or rather his brutal behaviour problems might be seen in their SNQ charts, I don't know.

Had a surprise visit from an old friend and her family who are travelling, they contacted me last night and came by today.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:27 am

Happy birthday, Arena!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks Jim :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Well that's a roller coaster for your birthday. I'm glad you got to see friends, and hope you otherwise had a very happy day that felt as good as you were anticipating.

FlorencedeZ.
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Happy Birthday to you Arena.
Regards,
Flo
Last edited by FlorencedeZ. on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:55 am

Happy SSR Arena, my best wishes for your business objectives and family affairs.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:38 am

Thank you all :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Well, as I am now more than 3 months into this one I thought I'd share a few points of interest.
I don't remember exactly when it happened, but it was in this new SSR that I was introduced to different people with interest in construction and I also visited an ex-minister and had a lesson with her on a special structure of building blocks of rental housing. I've now been involved in discussing deals of buying land and doing a JV with a construction company to build housing or to change existing buildings into small apartments. (Very Sun-Mars I guess). I am guessing that IF I will be doing this, I best use the energy of this Mars-Sun on the SSR MC to get things going :o
I can see that next year's SSR has Saturn and Jupiter on angles, which might actually help building/construction and acquiring assets/property. But IF the result will be renovation, changing a building it will take a shorter time than build a new one, so it might actually happen within the SSR.

I've also travelled, two trips in these three months, one after another (angular Uranus).
My partner's family also lost the grandfather, so went to a funeral. I think that is the Moon-Saturn conjunction in the background since it did have an effect, but more on my partner and his family - although I felt their pain/sorrow.

So this SSR is already manifesting.
I just looked back into it and there are some more important points to take note of. SSR Venus is close to my n. ASC and SSR Pluto is very close to n. MC while SSR Jupiter is on n. Vx. So there is "concurrent angularity" of those three planets on my natal angles. I do believe I am feeling the effect of those as I do think Venus charm is working in my favour as I have to deal with all those men, but also showing them the power of my Sun-Mars... and the Jup-Pluto I think might be manifesting as in discussing/planning deals/construction/purchases of sizes beyond what I had ever imagined. My mind is opening up to a much bigger reality than I had expected ...and it is just happening so "naturally", so I just go with the flow.

I can see that the progressing SSR Moon will conjunct my n. Jupiter about six months into the SSR, so in the end of January/beginning of February. I guess that will be some sort of "success moment" being felt/experienced. Then 9 months into the SSR the SSR Moon will oppose the SSR Venus (possible wedding).

Whether it all brings success and manifests into actual buildings within this SSR is insanely interesting to me :) Having lots and lots of fun with all this - and it is indeed a busy year!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 am

:)
The Solar Return Return is the basis of the most powerful forecasting system presently known to astrological technology, and is capable of specifying events with great clarity and acuity. Jim Eshelman, 'Interpreting Solar Returns,' 1979.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:56 am

Ok, so I guess that Moon-Saturn conjunction is turning out to be more than just the one funeral I went to already. I just heard from my father this morning that his mother, my grandmother who I'm named after, is most probably dying within the next few days. I was planning to go visit her this Christmas, but I probably won't see her before she dies. :( But will have to take another trip for a funeral.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 am

Arena, that is very disheartening :(
Hoping for a miracle. ❤

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 am

"Timing is Everything." And so much of our individual timing frames are seen with Jim's SSR teachings.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Hoping for a miracle. ❤
Thank you Scales. Well, she has had so many miracles this old lady, she has lived through so many health issues that we thought would bring her to death. But she kept coming back...until now her body seems to have become too weak to deal with a flu.
"Timing is Everything." And so much of our individual timing frames are seen with Jim's SSR teachings.
Yes, indeed, Steve. It worried me a bit to see that Moon-Saturn conjunction in the SSR, but I was hoping it would just be a minor thing as it is in the background. Although of course, we all can expect very old people to die any time the body starts giving in - it is still disheartening when it finally happens for real.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:29 am

I understand Arena. No matter where a tight Moon-Saturn cnj appears in a SSR, it should be noted as a significant aspect of the SSR. I note t. Mercury was partile conjuncting SSR Moon at the time you posted this saddening news/communication for your life-- probably timing the main manifestation for this tight Moon-Saturn cnj in your SSR for your solar year.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 am

My grandmother died around 2am this morning. I got a call at 7.18am.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 am

I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 am

Arena wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 am
My grandmother died around 2am this morning. I got a call at 7.18am.
Arena, I'm so sorry. I know you wanted to see her again :(

I see that transiting Pluto is within 1° of your MC (for your original stated birth time), and the Mercury-Saturn transiting conjunction is within a degree of opposite your Venus. These are not the calls any of us wants to get.

Your current SLR has Saturn a few minutes above Descendant.

BTW, this Lunar Return is an example of the point I bring out whenever "shouldn't SLRs be calculated for birthplace" questions come up - the idea that charts for birthplace seem effective when that's where the event (and centering of our attention) is. Saturn is most exactly angular for Edinburgh and Reykjavik (+0°25'), while for either Hus or Reyk the still-foreground Saturn forms a close Moon-Saturn mundane opposition across the horizon. For Husavik, for example, there is a 0°25' Moon-Saturn mundane opposition about 5° off the angles, for Reyk it is about 3° opposition, and for Edinburgh it doesn't exist.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Thank you all.
Yes, my plan was to travel to see her at Christmas and let her see the children, as well as their great-grandmother on the other side that lives in the next town. I'd been thinking that they might not have a long time left and it would be wise to see them now before it would be too late. So, I wasn't really expecting this would happen so quickly. Death is always so strange to me. But I am glad she didn't have to suffer for too long.

Thanks Jim for comparing the three different LR places. Even though she has died now, I think it's a bit different for me with all this distance and I think that I will live through the sorrow when I go to the funeral in December and I will see all the people crying.

I seem to be in danger in December if I go to the funeral, partile Mars-Uranus on the angles of the LR there. Symbolic for accidents, rather than funerals. But the next LR will start here in Edinburgh on Dec 2nd with Jup right on the ASC.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 am

Today I was looking at transits to my chart and I get a strong feeling that I will see more deaths in the family before this SSR is over next summer. Why do I say that? Tr. Saturn is about to square my Pluto while tr. Pluto is quinc. n. Saturn and those transiting planets are soon on my natal angles simultaneously. In March I will have Mars in the picture as well within that same sign/house.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am

Well, I hope those aspects work out in other ways.

I hope you'll come back to this thread after your next SSR and give us an assessment of how accurate your predictions were. We really need to do more of assessing how well we predict after the fact.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 am

Very true JSAD. I've tried to follow up on my threads when I've done my SSRs and LRs and I will follow up for this thread as well if I will still be alive :o :shock: :? after putting myself into the vicinity of that partile Mars-Uranus aspect for current LR in the north of Iceland, where I will actually travel from Dec 23rd-30th.