SSR starting today

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

SSR starting today

Post by Antares5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 am

Hello solunars community,

So today, apparently, starts my SSR. I am not really sure if I calculated it right, as it shows 6. August as the beggining of the SSR, but my birthday was yesterday on the 5. of August. I was in my hometown during the time of the SSR.

As I am not much of an astrologer myself, I came to ask you guys what you think of my current SSR. The one thing I clearly see is a foreground Pluto just 6 minutes above the DSC (in mundoscope). To be honest, I don't really like it, but then again, what do I know?

Here are the charts and thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

Re: SSR starting today

Post by Antares5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I forgot to give you guys the bi-wheel, so here it is :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Please post your birth information here so we can find it when we need to.
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25

Generally, nobody is going to dig through all your old posts to find it. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Yes, your SSR (presuming your mom had the best birth time fo the three) occurred August 6, 2017, 3:26:29 AM CEDT in Bijelina. Each solar return year is about 6 hours longer than a calendar year, and these quarter-days then get "caught up" and set back to zero in leap years. Then, throughout life, the date gradually inches forward, because our calendar is anchored to the Tropical zodiac. By the early 70s, the SSR reliably occurs a day later all the time.

This chart only lasts as long s you are at the same location. If you go somewhere else, we have to start all over again.

Your SSR is dramatic in several respects. Pluto is exactly setting. (For this birth time, it is only 0°07' from Descendant). Moon (a planet of adaptability and shifting conditions) is also foreground, and in moderate-strength square to Uranus. As a broad overview, this shows many shifting conditions, many things rearranging, adapting to new circumstances, etc. (You can read about these planets and Moon aspects in the "Misc. on Solunar Returns" section of this forum.)

The trend tips positive, though it does definitely show shifting conditions with regard to your fortunes. I say it tips positive because the next two most angular planets are Jupiter and Venus. The Venus is weakly foreground, but it's there. The important one is Jupiter.

Jupiter squares Asc 0°19', and squares the setting Pluto. This primarily shows dramatic shifts in one's fortunes. More often than not, it leans positive, but do not miss the fact that circumstances are volatile and shifting, requiring more or less constant adaptation. Jupiter-Pluto can lift up to unlikely heights, or take the uplifted and smash them down hard - coronations and abdications, fortunes and ruin, so to speak - but, unmolested, it is still basically a Jupiter angularity, which is very positive, and is joined here by happiness-leaning Venus and three neutral planets.

Things become a little more complicated when we add your natal planets. There isn't a lot going on, but the natal planets foreground don't necessarily bring out your best side. First, your Saturn-Uranus conjunction is on Westpoint. Also, your Neptune is 7°13' below Descendant, and is part of your partile Mars-Neptune square. These two parts of your character are most evident during this year, either in your initial actions to which the world responds, or in your responses to what the world is bringing you. Look up Saturn-Uranus and Mars-Neptune in the natal aspects interpretation section and compare what is there to your own life and character - you will see what parts of you are most drawn out in interaction with this SSR's themes.

Partile transits in the SSR apply for the whole year as well. Here they are:

t Jupiter sqq. r Jupiter 00'
t Mars sq. r Pluto (30')
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Antares5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:49 pm
Please post your birth information here so we can find it when we need to.
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25

Generally, nobody is going to dig through all your old posts to find it. :)
Alright, will do.

Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Antares5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks very much for the reply Jim.

This chart only lasts as long s you are at the same location. If you go somewhere else, we have to start all over again.
I live in Tuzla, which is not far away from Bijeljina. I cast the solar return chart for Tuzla aswell. Not much changed. Pluto is still the most angular but a bit further away from the DSC (37 minutes instead of 7) and Venus gets a bit closer to the ASC.
The trend tips positive, though it does definitely show shifting conditions with regard to your fortunes. I say it tips positive because the next two most angular planets are Jupiter and Venus. The Venus is weakly foreground, but it's there. The important one is Jupiter.

Jupiter squares Asc 0°19', and squares the setting Pluto. This primarily shows dramatic shifts in one's fortunes. More often than not, it leans positive, but do not miss the fact that circumstances are volatile and shifting, requiring more or less constant adaptation. Jupiter-Pluto can lift up to unlikely heights, or take the uplifted and smash them down hard - coronations and abdications, fortunes and ruin, so to speak - but, unmolested, it is still basically a Jupiter angularity, which is very positive, and is joined here by happiness-leaning Venus and three neutral planets.
Let's hope you're right. I wouldn't mind something positive to happen, even if it's volatile and shifting :)

What's up with the Sun aspects in the SSR? Do they hold some significance? The current SSR has a Sun-Mars conjunction, with Sun being middle-ground I guess?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Yes, you'll feel that Sun-Mars some - More assertiveness on your part, for example.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Antares5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:50 pm
Yes, you'll feel that Sun-Mars some - More assertiveness on your part, for example.
Sounds good :)

I also forgot to ask :
Partile transits in the SSR apply for the whole year as well. Here they are:

t Jupiter sqq. r Jupiter 00'
t Mars sq. r Pluto (30')
So this is an exact t Jupiter to n Jupiter sesquiquadrate. Now because it's a sesquiquadrate, is it gonna be more or less potent than the Mars-Pluto square?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:34 pm

They're both strong. We might usually think of a square being stronger than the other, but there is no arguing with a zero minute orb in a hard aspect.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Welcome to the forum and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Antares5
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Antares5 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Arena wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm
Welcome to the forum and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Thank you :)