He's 17 today! My son's 2017 SSR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

He's 17 today! My son's 2017 SSR

Post by Arena » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 am

Every year they grow older and older and it still just feels like it was yesterday they entered into the world! :D

My first born is 17 yr old today and his 2017 SSR is about to take place this afternoon.
His last SSR was great, except the last couple of months after he broke up with his first love/girlfriend and has been very low since then.

Now it does worry me a bit that his 2017 SSR shows SSR Saturn square SSR MC within 3° orb as the only planet affecting the angles ...but SSR Jupiter is sextile it so maybe it will mitigate the difficulties.

The SSR Moon is sextile his n. Venus and trine SSR Mars, but will soon oppose his n. Saturn.
On the more positive note his n. Venus is close to the SSR MC & SSR Venus is on his Ax. SSR Jupiter is sextile his n. Moon&Mars and trine his n. Uranus.

His pr. MC has n. Sun partile square it now and pr. Moon is opposite his n. Venus.

I cross my fingers that he will soon feel better, I am even hoping they get back together.
A heartbreak is hard at this age - or maybe any age.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: He's 17 today! My son's 2017 SSR

Post by Arena » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:07 am

A total heartbreak it is. :cry:

Last night my son's ex-girlfriend contacted me to ask me to try and help him because she worries about him being totally and really depressed to a dangerous point. And it turns out she is right, he is actually suicidal.

Their relationship ended without him really having an understanding of why, so of course he assumes that she just does not love him or like him and this probably triggered some older feelings of rejection or "not belonging" that he is going through now. He has now been to the doctor a couple of times and today he's starting some medicine. I've suggested that he will come over here to be with me and he did not totally refuse that, so I am hoping that I can manage to be adequate support for him through this.

I did of course take a look at his Edinburgh SSR for comparison and it mitigates the Saturn effect, puts the SSR Sun sq SSR ASC and his natal Jupiter conjunct Edinburgh SSR DSC (2°) ... but instead SSR Pluto is squaring the MC, although the orb is wider than 3°.

I am trying to stay strong, but this brings back such hard memories of my depression during my pregnancy and his early years. But I will do everything I can to help him deal with this and find ways to deal with it in his future as an independent individual in life. Music is the key for him.

Edit: I am trying to just listen to happy music now - but this one jumped at me just now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gkibxWr0DY

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am

Arena wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:07 am
Their relationship ended without him really having an understanding of why,
Did she tell you why? It sounds like your son thinks there has to be a big solid Reason why she broke up with him. Helping him understand there isn't always a Reason for anything will help him now, and throughout his life, in many aspects.
I did of course take a look at his Edinburgh SSR for comparison and it mitigates the Saturn effect, puts the SSR Sun sq SSR ASC and his natal Jupiter conjunct Edinburgh SSR DSC (2°) ... but instead SSR Pluto is squaring the MC, although the orb is wider than 3°.
A wide Pluto aspect to an angle sounds like just the thing. Old life with girlfriend ends. New life elsewhere, at least for a time, begins. Change. It's a good thing.
I am trying to stay strong, but this brings back such hard memories of my depression during my pregnancy and his early years.
Those memories will help you help him. You can remember what it was like for you, how it felt to you. So you can emphasize with him, and won't just tell him to get over it. You know what it took to get you out of it, and can help by seeing to it he has opportunities when he's ready. Recently the actual sites of the genes for depression (and schizophrenia and some other "mental" diseases) were discovered. They really are hereditary, (the predisposition is anyway.) Maybe telling him about your depression may help him see ways out of his.
But I will do everything I can to help him deal with this and find ways to deal with it in his future as an independent individual in life. Music is the key for him.
I have no doubt about that. If we hear about mountains in Scotland moving around, we'll know what's happening.
You might also try getting him out walking around. Maybe he can run errands to the shops (on foot) for you. Or walk his siblings to school. Exercise and being out in the light and air really does help depression. It gets the metabolism working properly again.
Depression is a physical problem, not a mental one. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. How it manifests, what specific thoughts he chews on, that's mental. But if this breakup hadn't triggered this, something else would have, and honestly, it may have been early signs of depression that made this girl decide to break up with him.
Besides medication, getting outside in the light and walking is the best thing for depression. Interrupting the ruminating, and teaching him to interrupt the ruminating, will give him lifelong skills he can use to help himself.

I'm so sorry he's going through this. I think a nice Pluto-on-MC is just the ticket to help him move away from his old plans for his life with this young woman to setting a new bedrock for his future.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:40 am

Thanks for your concern JSAD.

I am hoping yesterday was kind of the low point before he can start going uphill again and out of the pit.

Yes his ex-girlfriend told me a bit about the reason, sounded like miscommunication or him not quite good enough at understanding her feelings. I told him that she had reached out to me and asked me to help and that she cares for him. But the good thing is that she visited him yesterday and spoke to him, so I am hoping they now have a better understanding of their breakup.

And since he seemed quite positive to coming over here, I am hoping that will be the case as early as next week if his doctors agree. I am indeed hoping that explaining how both parents have gone through depressions on their own and how it felt and how I dealt with it might actually help him. And yes indeed it is a physical condition, it just has a mental expression to it because it has to do with the nervous system. So I will indeed get him out for walks in the sunshine and I need to also get some vital nutrition into his body, Vitamin D&B and some minerals are crucial for the brain and nervous system. If he is willing to stay longer, I will take him with us on vacation in a sunny country in the October school break.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 am

Hey Arena,

As I've mentioned before, your son and I have/had similarly themed SSRs, first an SSR with both transiting and natal Venuses angular, then followed by an SSR with transiting Saturn angular. And of course, I had/have Neptune closely angular in both my previous Venus-themed and my current Saturn-themed SSR, for better and for worse. Thankfully your son doesn't have Neptune angular in both of his current and previous SSRs. I very much empathise with your son's current depressed and heartbroken situation since I went through similar states of mind last year and earlier this year. :(

At least, he had someone to reciprocate his feelings of love for some time, and he had talked to his ex-girlfriend (and he is probably able to talk more since his ex is being supportive) to resolve unsolved issues and gain an understanding of his ex's rejection. As for my case, with the "blessings" of Neptune, I've had neither. 😕

But a heartbreak is a heartbreak, and depression is a serious thing—never to be taken lightly.

Sadly I had to grow out and "get over" of my sadness/depression instead, but I am grateful that I had some support and warm thoughts from some friends that I had already came out to, and of course, the valuable support you guys gave me over here, especially from JSAD, Florence, Steve, Jim, and last but not the least, you yourself. 😊💖 And then there's the realisation that I've actually never been in an actual relationship last year, that a real relationship would be so much better, and the Jupiter-Neptune hopefulness natural within me that I'll soon get into a relationship so much more worth waiting for, and with much reciprocity and mutual affection. And cuddles. 😊

From Wikipedia's article on unrequited love:
"Remedies"
Roman poet Ovid in his Remedia Amoris "provides advice on how to overcome inappropriate or unrequited love. The solutions offered include travel, teetotalism, bucolic pursuits, and ironically, avoidance of love poets".
I think this "remedy" goes well for heartbroken people too. And he's a young man, he would sure love travelling and enjoying relaxing, bucolic/rustic pursuits.

It's great you're bringing him to Edinburgh soon; he has his natal Mercury-Jupiter-Pluto angular there, nice for comfort (Jupiter), transformation (Pluto) and maybe even advances in his musical pursuits (Mercury-Jupiter and Jupiter-Pluto). Jim had noted several successful music artists with Mercury angular, pointing that this (their Mercury angularity) probably showed their keen business skills. He also has natal Jupiter setting in his relocated SSR there, and SSR/natal Sun is moderately on the Zenith.
Arena wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:40 am
If he is willing to stay longer, I will take him with us on vacation in a sunny country in the October school break.
Awesome! :D I'm not sure when is his October school break, but if it's on early October, then his demi-SLR on the 1st of that month features a splendid Jupiter-Uranus partile opposition right on the horizon, with Uranus partile rising and Jupiter setting within 1°14' in mundo.

If sunny country is what you're aiming for (and you're willing to fly to somewhere abroad), how about the middle of Southern France, around Montpellier? His DSLR's Jupiter-Uranus lines pass through there too. And that Jupiter-Uranus is also squaring the MC at the areas around Bari, Italy, Reece, Italy, and also on Split, Croatia, the latter being a beautiful beach destination (but on October, would it still be beach season there?) Another plus is that on these three places, natal Venus rises too, adding for a wonderful and memorable vacation. BTW, I know this sounds very foolish and superstitious, but when I was analysing his charts for these three places in Italy and Croatia, I experienced a very auspicious omen, which through experience I had already learnt to trust very strongly.

His SLR for 14/10 in Edinburgh, though looks bad with Mars sq. MC and Neptune rising, so if his holidays fall during this period instead, it's best to flee to Naples maybe, where his SLR sun's setting there, and his SSR's Venus squaring the MC. In Montpellier, a Venus setting line is present this time, but Mars is setting too, not far away.

I wish your son a speedy recovery from his depression—nothing bad lasts forever, and hope, along the love from your loved ones, are strong forces that keep life running. 😊

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 am

Thank you for your input Scales, you are such a caring young individual :)

Well, my son is not coming over for now. He wants to be around his friends and see how the medication will work for him and he wants to be able to see the medical team helping him now. I have to trust that will be the right thing to do for him. He doesn't feel comfortable talking to me or his father about intimate things or his feelings and I understand that perfectly since I've always been like that myself, so now I have to just hope that the medical team will help get him through this. He says he will consider visiting later.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:07 am

Arena wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 am
Thank you for your input Scales, you are such a caring young individual :)
You're welcome 😊

Let's hope Reykjavik treats him well and hopefully he heals from his depression 🤞🤞 :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

He's 18 today!

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 am

Arena wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 am
Every year they grow older and older and it still just feels like it was yesterday they entered into the world! :D

My first born is 17 yr old today and his 2017 SSR is about to take place this afternoon.
His last SSR was great, except the last couple of months after he broke up with his first love/girlfriend and has been very low since then.

Now it does worry me a bit that his 2017 SSR shows SSR Saturn square SSR MC within 3° orb as the only planet affecting the angles ...but SSR Jupiter is sextile it so maybe it will mitigate the difficulties.

The SSR Moon is sextile his n. Venus and trine SSR Mars, but will soon oppose his n. Saturn.
On the more positive note his n. Venus is close to the SSR MC & SSR Venus is on his Ax. SSR Jupiter is sextile his n. Moon&Mars and trine his n. Uranus.

His pr. MC has n. Sun partile square it now and pr. Moon is opposite his n. Venus.

I cross my fingers that he will soon feel better, I am even hoping they get back together.
A heartbreak is hard at this age - or maybe any age.
Update:
This SSR has now come to an end and a new one is starting. His 18th birthday is today, he is officially an adult and I am so proud and delighted to see how he's doing now.
So about the 2017 SSR. It took him the first couple of months, or perhaps only weeks into this SSR to get over the bad hurt of the relationship breakup and losing his first love. He did not do well at school during that semester, but he got a lot better mentally and was around a lot of artistic kids, making both music and arts with them. So he made new friends and they started bands and started their own musical production, published music, held concerts, played in bars etc. He is doing great now, making his own music all the time and hanging around great kids. This spring/summer, he took an entrance exam for art school and got in! He has just started. It fills my heart with joy to see him find his path, use his talents and be around such a nice and creative crowd of young people :) What is also delightful for me as a mother is that he has become warmer and more open towards me.

The Saturnian influence was most likely the hard times getting over his first girlfriend and also because his great-grandmother (my grandma) died during this SSR and he went to the funeral, fitting with when the SSR Moon opposed his n. Saturn.

A new cycle around the Sun starts today!
Looking at the Sidereal SR I see there is some Saturnian influence in this SSR, such as the SSR Saturn being within 6° from SSR MC and it squares the SSR Moon (partile), and then n. Saturn sq the SSR ASC. I wonder if his grandma on father's side is about to pass away (let's hope it's not his mother yet). The partile square indicates something sad happening already in September! If we account for the house placement, that SSR Moon is in his n. 8th and the Saturn in his n. 6th which is supposedly not good, indicating a possible illness and death in the family.
But also some other good ones, such as SSR Jupiter on his n. IC and I am hoping this means that his father will finally agree to let him live in an apartment he owns and has been empty for a few years now.
I see SSR Vx and POF on his n. Venus, might indicate good friendships or maybe a new love.

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: He's 18 today!

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 am

Happy 18th to your son, Arena! :)

Nice to see your that son has received lots of positive Saturn manifestations from his past SSR.

Here's his current SSR's mundoscope, for Reykjavik: (he's currently living in Reykjavik, right?)

Notice that mundane Sun-Mercury-Venus conjunction, all three partile on the Descendant! With Neptune rising, it looks like a splendid year is ahead for your son in the arts school. :D While SSR Moon ecliptically squares Saturn partile, in mundo it partile opposes Jupiter! I reckon this Moon-Jupiter opposition will have a significant voice too in his SSR, as they both are angular.
Arena wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 am
It fills my heart with joy to see him find his path, use his talents and be around such a nice and creative crowd of young people What is also delightful for me as a mother is that he has become warmer and more open towards me.
So combine that Sun-Mercury-Venus with Neptune and Uranus rising, and an angular mundane Moon-Jupiter, and you'd get a great-looking year ahead for your son's passions, talents, studies and the like! The ecliptical Moon-Saturn to me (besides the ever so possibility of a death in the family, as you mentioned) also seems like the expected stress, burdens hardwork, and obstacles he'll go through in his endeavours. Thank goodness he has Sun angular and Moon-Jupiter! He needs all that determination (Sun), support and encouragement (Jupiter).

Natal Venus also partile squares SSR MC, and Natal Saturn squares SSR Ascendant by 2°.
The latter isn't that strong, but is representative of the responsibilities he'll take, the hardwork he'll do, and his inner need to be independent and autonomous.

Best of wishes 😊✨

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Thank you Scales.
If you got his birthtime right, then this mundoscope looks better than the ecliptic and yes, does look brilliant for his artistic endeavours. Saturn is not as emphasized in this chart. But still, ecliptic also counts.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Arena wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm
Saturn is not as emphasized in this chart. But still, ecliptic also counts.
I don't think it does (except for those things that are intrinsically ecliptical, like squares to MC and Asc). Proximity to the horizon and meridian appear to be 100% mundane in their operation.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Arena wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm
If you got his birthtime right, then this mundoscope looks better than the ecliptic and yes, does look brilliant for his artistic endeavours. Saturn is not as emphasized in this chart.
I think I got his birth time right. 🤔 I got transiting Saturn ecliptically within 6º from his SSR MC too.

Most Campanus houses in his SSR are way too narrow and they cluster around the MC - probably because of Reykjavik's high latitude and the 2º Sagittarius MC. Transiting Saturn wasn't even in the 10th house in the Campanus system even though it was ecliptically 6º away from it.

But hey, at least s.Saturn is background. That's good!

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:56 am

So far it seems to me that ecliptic charts work quite well to use for counting the degrees of the Moon towards an aspect to a planet to see timing for that. F.ex. in this SSR, the Moon-Saturn aspect is partile, therefore I am guessing something sad will happen already next month, or very soon.

Mundoscopes may work better for the most part, but I still keep checking the Azimuth charts for polar latitudes because I am convinced they work better up there, the Campanus system doesn't work as well up there imo. In the Azi chart, Saturn is also far enough from MC, so that I hope he will be ok despite this Moon-Saturn event that may happen in the beginning of his solar year.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 am

Arena wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:56 am
So far it seems to me that ecliptic charts work quite well to use for counting the degrees of the Moon towards an aspect to a planet to see timing for that.
Oh, absolutely, yes. Aspects ecliptically, at least as a base line, I thought you were talking about angularities.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com