My Upcoming Quarti-Solar

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
My Upcoming Quarti-Solar

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:32 am

I usually don't pay much attention to quartis, but I've been tracking my own charts more carefully since my health crisis began. And this quari is not a pretty sight. Transiting Saturn and Neptune are foreground, with transiting Uranus square the transiting Gemini Moon and conjunct to my natal Moon. My natal Mars and Pluto are foreground. Transiting Neptune is square natal Mars. OTOH, transiting Venus is square to my natal Sun-Venus conjunction, albeit in the middeground.'

This chart understandably has me worried about the next three months. I will check the SLR's later today and see if they mitigate (or, god forbid, worsen) the picture. Thoughts?
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu
Re: My Upcoming Quarti-Solar

Post by SteveS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:42 am

Hi Mike,
With my limited personal experience, the only time I pay close attention to solar quarti’s is when I see very tight conjunctions to the angles associated with partile aspects, and/or tight/partile lunar aspects, with solar or natal planets. For example: If I saw a quarti with quarti Mars tight/partile cnj an angle, partile cnj Natal Saturn—then yes, I would pay close attention to this quarti as timing the quarter for possible Mars-Saturn stuff. But, I still may ignore this example quarti depending on the symbolism in my cnj SSR. I pay much more attention to the demi vs the quarti. I would not be concerned with your quarti if it was my quarti, but with your health issues I certainly understand your concern/worry with foreground Saturn-Neptune, but with my experience, the foreground Saturn-Neptune is much to wide of the angles as manifesting any major incidents. Since your Jan 2 quarti features a partile 90 of Moon-Uranus, I may may note the time period around Feb-7-9 when your quarti Moon partile cnj p. quarti Asc, with quarti Uranus partile cnj Zenith. However, quarti Sun is partile cnj quarti Venus partile 90 quarti MC, so I would expect a possible slight harmonious Moon-Uranus period around Feb 7-9.

Jim is the expert researcher when it comes to quarti’s, and I think Jim pretty much ignores quarti’s, except possibly timing the quarter when symbolism from the cnj SSR may be timed.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:32 am

Thanks for the reassurance, Steve. Hopefully you are right and I'm worrying over nothing. Perhaps the chart speaks to my psychological state rather than events. That would be good.

BTW, my residence is now Calimesa, CA--I'm writing this from a hospital bed in a nursing home rather than a hospital bed in my living room. But the new residence is close enough to the old one that it makes no interpretive difference, and wouldn't unless a planet were extremely close to an angle--say a few minutes of arc.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 am

I stopped paying much attention to Quarti-Solars long ago. They just don't seem that important except in the limited way of helping see what quarter of the year is most likely to manifest the primary symbolism of the SSR. If it doesn't echo the SSR, it doesn't have much of value.

Or, secondarily, I've seen very short-term effects, feeling more like a lunar but not even lasting that long - seeming to show trends or shifts for a few days right when they occur.

To the extent this one has any value, I'm not really worried about it. For Calimesa, Saturn and Neptune are 8°22' and 10°37', respectively, from the angles. Primarily, it is a chart of intellectual involvement, discoveries, curiosity, and revelations - and, perhaps, some real surprises (which, of course, can be good or bad) - since the two strongest factors are Mercury 1°27' below Dsc, and Moon square a stationary Uranus 0°22' and natal Mercury 0°16'. This could be a lot of fun for you!

There's uncomfortable stuff, for sure - but it's wide, on the fringes. For example, your natal Mars-Saturn opposition is distantly foreground, just like transiting Saturn is distantly foreground. But the real thrust of the chart is Mercury closely setting, and Moon exactly square Uranus' precise (06') conjunction with your Mercury.

Happy New Year to you :)

PS - To compare to your own calculations, I get the following for the precession-deleted mundoscope positions of your natal planets, within the Quarti-SSR framework, for Calimesa. I stand corrected on your Mars-Saturn being foreground, it's just your Saturn, which is distant like transiting Saturn. And I missed the Pluto.

r Mars 11°25' above Asc
r Saturn 5°03' below Dsc
r Pluto 0°20' east of IC

So the most important non-lunar aspect in the chart is transiting Mercury (1°27' below Dsc) mundane square natal Pluto (0°20' east of IC) with an orb of 1°07'.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:08 pm

After reading Steve and Jim's replies, I look more positively on the coming three months, especially after reviewing the SSR and the demi. Maybe Mercury and Uranus have some interesting times in store in the mostly positive sense. With the Saturn/Neptune influences present but less important. Perhaps this just means I'll be more aware than usual of the confinement and craziness intrinsic to my living situation. My roommate provides ample craziness all by himself. He is phobic about being touched, which makes his diaper changes fun for the staff. He accuses them of trying to throw his private parts out the window, or trying to steal them. (I use a euphemism--he's shall we say more colorful.) He is also quite racist and constantly calls the staff n****** or n*****-lovers according to his perception of their ethnicity. Alas,no birth data and no realistic possibility of getting it--he and I don't get along.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:14 am

Mike wrote:
My roommate provides ample craziness all by himself. He is phobic about being touched, which makes his diaper changes fun for the staff. He accuses them of trying to throw his private parts out the window, or trying to steal them. (I use a euphemism--he's shall we say more colorful.) He is also quite racist and constantly calls the staff n****** or n*****-lovers according to his perception of their ethnicity. Alas,no birth data and no realistic possibility of getting it--he and I don't get along.
:x Bummer :!: If your Jan 2 quarti has any punch, I would try my best, if possible, to "remove" myself from your roommate. Saturn-Neptune combos are par-excellent symbolism for all kinds of "removal" activity. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:05 am

Repeat: He doesn't have a Saturn-Neptune return chart. Neptune isn't even foreground, and Saturn barely is.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:23 am

Jim wrote:
Repeat: He doesn't have a Saturn-Neptune return chart. Neptune isn't even foreground, and Saturn barely is.
I understand Jim. I was just trying to get Mike to think in a "removal' mode from his nasty roommate. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:26 am

well, yeah, there's that :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah, I was tired when I sight-read the quarti. Neptune is about 3/4 of a degree out of the foreground, i misread it as 3/4 degrees inside the foreground. Oh, well "...do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and lowliness...."
Time matters