Birthday Travel to Influence SSR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Birthday Travel to Influence SSR

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey all, my last SSR was supposed to be indicative of a good year, and so far it has been!

It feels like:

-People have been friendlier to me than before. I've even been accused of being charming.
-I've made lots of great connections with amazing musicians
-I've felt more inclined to open up to people about personal stuff
-I've let go of a lot of outdated ideas/worries/guilt
-I've been more self-compassionate, and as a result have been better about journaling, eating healthier, exercising

It just feels like a good year.

So to continue that theme, I'm wondering about where to spend my next birthday: here in Portland, Oregon, or somewhere else, such as New York City.

My details
October 8, 1980, 12:00 Noon, El Cajon, California (San Diego county).

So here are the findings, based on my understanding of the instructions for interpreting SSR's

1. Note which planets (both natal and SSR) are foreground in the SSR.

Portland, OR
n. Jupiter 2 degrees AC
n. Saturn 4 degrees AC
t. Saturn 8 degrees IC
n. Neptune 7 degrees IC

vs

New York, NY
t. Mars 4 degrees IC
t. Venus 4 degrees AC
n. Mercury 5 degrees AC
t. Uranus 6 degrees AC
t. Mercury 7 degrees AC

2. Note aspects between/among foreground planets

Portland, OR
n. Jupiter oct t. Venus 1 degree
n. Saturn square t. Saturn 1 degree
t. Saturn trine t. Neptune 2 degrees
n. Jupiter oct t. Mars 3 degrees
n. Jupiter sext t. Jupiter 3 degrees

New York, NY
t. Mars square t. Venus and n. Mercury 1 degree
t. Venus oct n. Jupiter 1 degree
t. Mars trine n. Moon 2 degrees
t. Uranus trine t. Saturn 2 degrees
t. Uranus trine t. Mercury 2 degrees
t. Uranus trine n. Venus 3 degrees

Any thoughts on these two scenarios? My gut reaction is that all the Uranus, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter in the NYC SSR spells for a pretty adventuresome year.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Birthday Travel to Influence SSR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25 pm

There are many fascinating places to spend your next birthday, and they all lean eastward. Saturn pretty much owns the West, but in the east are several interesting possibilities.

For one thing, your SSR has an exact Venus-Mars square. (It involves your Mercury, so you would be curious, interested, and mentally engaged in what might otherwise be a sexual Bacchanal if you put these on the angles. The exact location is a band of longitude a bit inland from Baltimore, running from upstate New York (say, near Finger Lakes), through central Pennsylvania, Maryland a bit east of Baltimore, coastal Virginia and North Carolina, and the Bahamas. I suspect they would be in orb a little farther east with areas like Washington, Baltimore, maybe Philadelphia, etc.

The other thing that catches my mind is the stretch where Mercury and Uranus more or less sweep the angles together. This would be rather exciting and engaging for you.

One area (where Mercury rises and Uranus sets) curves from the Florida panhandle through Georgia (centered on Atlanta), and cuts up the backside of the Appalachians, e.g., Uranus through West Virginia and both through Ohio. The other stretch are the bands of longitude where Mercury and Uranus square Midheaven. The Mercury line passes a little east of New Orleans, straight north to a little west of Milwaukee - trace it on a map. Uranus is east of that, from central Alabama (right through Birmingham) due north. For example, Chicago and Milwaukee are more or less in the middle.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am

Awesome tips, thank you!

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Based on this conversation, I'm considering a trip to Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans to get Uranus and Mercury angular for a fascinating musical history trip.

But I also noticed that Jupiter is angular in Rejkavik! And there are great deals for October trips from Portland!

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:42 pm

The last couple of years, there have been some astounding deals to Iceland in the winter months. From friends who have travelled (and Arena surely can help confirm or deny), there is a lot you can't do then... especially things like camping on the glaciers and hitting every mineral bath in the country... but that it's mind-boggling beautiful anyway.

Yeah, I wondered if you, in particular, would like that "mind-opener" in that rich music area.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com