Wife losing a dear husband

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
SteveS
Nabu
Wife losing a dear husband

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:41 am

Link 1 is the recent SSR for the wife who last week lost her dear husband of many years. Jim writes in his ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’ book pertaining to Solar Moon:
This, then, isolates the Moon as the most crucial agent in a Solar Return, after the angles. Lunar aspects to natal and solar planets can never be treated lightly, even when rather wide in orb. So remarkable is this single factor that, if lunar aspects are nearly exact while the foreground planets are not exceptionally close to the angles, the solar Moon can be considered the primary theme-setter of the chart for the year ahead, bar none.
Note with Dee’s (wife) SSR there are no planets "exceptionally close to the angles." Note: SSR Moon is close 90 SSR Neptune. At the time of her husband’s death, p. SSR Moon partile 90 SSR Neptune. I have talked to one of Dee’s daughters asking how her mother Dee is holding-up. Daughter said she is terribly dazed & confused with lots of hysterics, typical for incidents of this type, and all par-excellent symbolism for Moon-Neptune, which will persist for months through-out the solar year.

1: https://imgur.com/a/4tXAh

Jim teaches from his book to pay close attention to any Natal Planets which may fall near/on the angles of a SSR, these in many cases will describe how the native will react to the SSR itself. Note in link 2 (bi-wheel, inner SSR, outer Natal) Dee’s Natal Saturn falls ON the Dsc of the SSR. She lost her closest mate (relationship) in life.

2: https://imgur.com/a/SpQRr

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Wife losing a dear husband

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 am

Yikes. A square hit.

Yes, the Moon-Neptune is quite descriptive and natal Saturn exactly setting tells the tale. I can barely imagine what your friend is going through.

She will, of course, pass through this and heal. She's an Aquarius-Capricorn, with a well-aspected Moon. That seems a good balance: The luminary signs make "gaining emotional distance and objectivity" come easier to her than to most folks, but Moon conjunct Venus should keep her from becoming isolated.

This is, of course, a sharp life-change for her. Transiting Pluto has been squaring her Uranus (partile) and will soon oppose natal Pluto.

Neptune is opposite her Mars: This isn't good. Probably weakening, adding frailty. Several possible things to watch for with this.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:32 am

Steve, I was curious just exactly how close that natal Saturn was to Descendant. Ecliptically, it's quite close: 0°08'.

So I pulled out the spreadsheet to correct natal Saturn for precession etc. and found that mundanely it's even closer: Natal Saturn's mundoscope position in the SSR wheel is 0°04' below Descendant.

A minor difference, to be sure, though it does underscore just how close and powerful that contact is.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am

Jim wrote:
…but Moon conjunct Venus should keep her from becoming isolated.
Exactly, there is a designated single daughter who will live/care for her.
Neptune is opposite her Mars: This isn't good. Probably weakening, adding frailty. Several possible things to watch for with this.
Again, exactly. She (Dee) is very frail and in very poor health. I just finished e-mailing the daughter the following:
Steph, believe me I have had a-lot of experience dealing with the mental load for caring for an advanced aging mother---with expert advice from others. I figure you are the designated family member who will care for your mother in her advanced age. If you ever need any help in this area, please call me.