Donald Trump's 2018 SSR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Donald Trump's 2018 SSR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Donald Trump's new SSR occurs June 14, 2018, 9:41:11 PM EDT, in Washington, DC. (This presumes he isn't elsewhere, of course, and I do have one other location to check; but, even if travelling, he will return to Washington as his center of power.)

The interpretive elements are as follows:

t Moon on Dsc +1°08'
r Mercury on Dsc -1°10'
-- t Moon conj. r Mercury 1°38'
t Uranus on IC +3°12'
t Mercury on Dsc +3°17'
t Saturn on Asc +3°49'
-- Mercury-Uranus sq. 0°05' in mundo
-- Mercury-Saturn op. 0°32' in mundo
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°37' in mundo
-- Moon-Uranus sq. 2°04' in mundo
-- Moon-Mercury conj. 2°09' in mundo
-- Moon-Saturn op. 2°41' in mundo
t Pluto on Asc -7°09'
t Venus on WP 2°30'
-- Venus-Uranus sq. 0°05'
-- t Venus-Neptune sqq. 0°08'
-- t Uranus-Neptune ssq. 0°03'

t Saturn op. r Mercury 3°06'
t Moon sq. r Neptune 4°39'

t Saturn sq. r Neptune 0°05'
t Mars sqq. r Sun 0°34'

PROGRESSIONS (exact)

Ven Sqr Ura Sp-Re Jul 12 2018
Ven Sqr Ura Sp-Sp Jul 13 2018
Mon SSq Mar Sp-Na Jul 15 2018
Ven Sqq Nep Sp-Re Jul 27 2018
Ven Sqq Nep Sp-Sp Jul 27 2018
Mon Tri Jup Sp-Sp Aug 21 2018
Mon Tri Jup Sp-Re Aug 22 2018
Mon Tri Nep Sp-Re Oct 14 2018
Mon Tri Nep Sp-Sp Oct 14 2018
Mon Sqr Jup Sp-Na Nov 30 2018
Mon Opp Plu Sp-Sp Jan 23 2019
Mon Opp Plu Sp-Re Jan 23 2019
Mon Cnj Sat Sp-Na May 5 2019

ImageImageImage
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Donald Trump's 2018 SSR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Overall, President Trump's 2018 Solar Return is difficult, though not so difficult as the prior year. Its most angular planets are SSR Moon and natal Mercury. It's strongest feature is a mundane T-square of Moon, Mercury, Saturn, and Uranus, with all but Moon being partile. Additionally, he has a Venus-Uranus square on angles.

SSR Moon angular (setting 1°08') signifies that emotional excitement surrounds him. He is vulnerable, more responsive to occurrences rather than initiating or directing them. He is keenly attuned to fluctuating, changing circumstances that require hm to adapt to new situations. He reacts more spontaneously to impromptu situations, giving way to whims and impulses. Appetites are heightened; for example, few weddings occur with this placement, but many wild oats are sown. It's good for keeping him in the spotlight, but the aspects Moon receives suggest that this year's spotlight is undesirable.

Moon conjoins natal Mercury (1°38'), which is closely angular (setting 1°10'). This indicates curiosity and learning, with much data storage and retrieval. Communication flows rapidly: He is oriented primarily to exchanges of data and commerce. Mercurial years are notably laden with busy hours and abundant activity.

SSR Mercury, Saturn, and Uranus are all 3° past angles. Adding the more closely angular Moon, we find the following aspects:
  • Mercury-Uranus sq. 0°05' in mundo
  • Mercury-Saturn op. 0°32' in mundo
  • Saturn-Uranus sq. 0°37' in mundo
  • Moon-Uranus sq. 2°04' in mundo
  • Moon-Mercury conj. 2°09' in mundo
  • Moon-Saturn op. 2°41' in mundo
This is a complex picture. Moon and Mercury together (already a theme of the chart) show a year that is constantly busy, reacting, adaptive, always drawn hither and yon by moving targets and shifting condition. Mercury-Saturn signals communication breakdowns, frustrations and agitation from things going wrong, often from unconscious self-sabotage. Mercury-Uranus signals not just new areas of interest and (repeating a theme) heightened curiosity, but especially new floods of information - disclosures and revelations - what Bradley termed "baring the truth in bas-relief." One easy guess is that ongoing investigations, leaks, and disclosures cause him no end of agitation and frustration. Moon-Saturn and Moon-Uranus give much the same sense.

Which leads me to conclude that, along with all the Moon-Mercury traits, the key combination of this quartet is Saturn-Uranus. We can do no better than to quote Donald Bradley directly.
Solar & Lunar Returns wrote:When configurations involving Saturn and Uranus together are in the foreground... the native will undergo mental conflicts which cause him to act inconsistently even foolishly, to his own detriment. Persons responding to this vibration tend to abandon pacific principles, in the hopes of obtaining their objectives by any means, fair or foul. So far as external events are concerned, Saturn-Uranus forces break up old conditions; the native may even find himself living away from his family before the influence has run its course of disrupting the status quo.
Relationships change, certainly disorienting him and possibly with scandal. I see this in a 0° Venus-Uranus square with each moderately angular - and with Neptune octile both Venus and Uranus with orbs of 0°08' and 0°03' respectively. Of Ebertin's offering for Ne = Ve/Ur, given Trump's character the most likely are, "a peculiar disposition in sex-expression... a peculiar love-relationship, the necessity to renounce love suddenly." Were this a mundane chart instead of a personal return, the same aspects would suggest sudden changes in foreign relationships with deception, back-stabbing, and miscalculation.

Pluto is more widely foreground, suggesting separations. Saturn opposes natal Mercury (3°06'), which suggests his own words come back to haunt him. Moon squares natal Neptune, but perhaps too wide (4°39'), given everything else happening in this chart.

Foreground transiting Saturn squares his natal Neptune exactly (0°05'), the most direct mark of grief and troubled states of mind.

PROGRESSIONS (exact)
Several important progressions occur in this Solar Return. Early on, we are likely to learn what the Venus-Uranus-Neptune signifies: Progressed Venus squares Uranus exactly on July 12, and aspects Neptune July 27. In the midst of this is friction and volatility: CapQ Moon is octile natal Mars July 15.

Based on the Solar Return progressions alone (and allowing a month either side of the dates listed), his best time in year is November 30 (progressed Moon square natal Jupiter); his worst are the highly separative Moon opposition to SSR Pluto (January 23) and its conjunction with his natal Saturn (May 5). A time of surreal (probably unwarranted, superstitious) optimism stretches from late August through mid-October as progressed Moon trines Jupiter and Neptune: Specifically Jupiter-Neptune themes should emerge around mid-September.

TRANSITS
Here are dates of major transits to the SSR angles and Moon. Notice overlapping indicators of separation and loss. especially near the first of the year.

t Jupiter oct. s Moon Oct 18-27 (exact 10/23)
t Jupiter oct. SQ Moon Nov 16-27 (exact 11/22)
t Saturn conj. SSR Ascendant Dec 16-Jan 2 (exact 12/25)
t Saturn op. s Moon Dec 24-Jan 10 (exact 1/1)
t Pluto op. SQ Moon Dec 16-Apr 18 (exact 3/15)
t Uranus conj. SSR IC Apr 27-June 4, 2019 (exact 5/15)
(The latter is exact about when SQ Moon conjoins natal Saturn.)

Mars sq. s MC July 28 (7/24-31)
Mars conj. s EP Aug 16 & Sep 7 (8/10-9/7)
Mars sq. s MC Sep 25 (9/21-27)
Mars oct. s Moon Nov 9 (11/8-11)
Mars oct. SQ Moon Nov 20 (11/18-22)
Mars sq. s Asc Jan 16 (1/15-18)
Mars sq. s Moon Jan 17 (1/16-19)
Mars sq. SQ Moon Jan 31 (1/30-2/2)
Mars op. s MC Feb 19 (2/18-21)
Mars oct. s Moon Mar 25 (3/24-27)
Mars oct. SQ Moon Apr 13 (4/12-15)
Mars op. s Asc Jun 1 (5/30-6/2)
Mars conj. s Moon Jun 2 (6/1-4)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:29 pm

This SSR is probably already being felt. It's fully effective in just a few hours. It's on!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:39 am

The Moon-Saturn and Moon-Pluto themes are probably very personal and about his close relationships with women or a woman that become separative. The Venus aspects also suggest troublesome love relations. His Moon's progressions show the separative theme as well with its opposition to Pluto and then followed by a conjunction to Saturn. Maybe Melania is actually preparing to divorce or leave him. Maybe she will use some sexual scandal to prepare the public opinion in her favour.

Looking at Melania's chart I see tr. Saturn is somewhere close to her Moon if she is born around noon.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 am

Moon-Pluto? I don't see one of those. Do you mean Moon-Uranus?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:01 am

Melania had what was called a simple kidney problem requiring a small procedure Trump let slip was actually a 4 hour surgery and she wasn't allowed to fly for a month after, although that may have been extended as a handy way to avoid the G-7 and trip to Singapore. She kept a very low profile for quite some time after. I wonder if part of what showed in his last SSR and this one are his concerns over her health. I do think he would be very upset if she had major health problems.

Since this SSR began he and his three older children are being sued by the NYS attorney general (so he can't pardon anybody) over his using his charitable foundation as a slush fund for his campaign, after using it to fund his business for years. It's a civil lawsuit now, but there are things that can lead to criminal charges and the IRS is looking into it. This stems in part from the rallies he held during the campaign to raise money for veterans after which no money was forthcoming.

I think there's a lot of reasons for him to be concerned for members of his family this year, but I also think he keeps family as private as possible. One of his son's wives filed for divorce last year, and he's not seeing as much of those grandchildren. I do think he enjoys his grandchilden and misses not having them around. Many people who demand adulation really enjoy children because they don't have to demand it from them. A pocketful of candy and some presents is all it takes with kids.

I think there's enough here already without adding divorce predictions and so on. I think he also lost daily contact with a number of significant friends, or people he used to see everyday, last year. Hope Hicks, for instance. And he keeps running into the inconvenient fact he's not a dictator and can't just snap his fingers and get his way over everything. I don't think he's accepted that yet. He may not be able to. I think there's a significant disappointment theme here.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 am

His reference to American's as "my people" yesterday - wishing that "his people" sat at respectful attention while listening to him the way Kim's people sit in formation and listen to him - is language one usually only expects from a monarch; so yes, it's deeply ingrained in him.

Uranus' transit square his Venus has had huge impact on his relationships - and this year, like last year, it is quite angular. Mundanely it does match the Venus-Uranus themes in the Capsolar, with a focus on changes in foreign relations (there have sure been a bunch of those!); but personally, yes, I see exactly what you're mentioning. If there was going to be a divorce, I would expect it would have come and gone by now (and emotionally that may have occurred - the formality being delayed for appearances). But yes, as you say, he's lost a lot. Uranus to his Venus, as it has come to SLR angles over the last year, has often marked departures from his administration, or on the other hand the installation of his current Chief of Staff - both representing events that cut him off increasingly from his friends and admirers.

He's living what, for him, is a fairly vacuous existence. This chart shows more of that, not less. I think we should all be worried about what kinds of toys and games and wild rides he will use to try to fill that gap - just like an abandoned little kid who is tired of all of his toys and detests his lunch.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
1st Warning by Admin
1st Warning by Admin

Post by Danica » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:01 am
Melania had what was called a simple kidney problem requiring a small procedure Trump let slip was actually a 4 hour surgery and she wasn't allowed to fly for a month after
Do you now when & where this procedure took place?
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Danica wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm
Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:01 am
Melania had what was called a simple kidney problem requiring a small procedure Trump let slip was actually a 4 hour surgery and she wasn't allowed to fly for a month after
Do you now when & where this procedure took place?
May 14, documented here. As I recall it was in Walter Reed Hospital in DC.
https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=46 ... nia#p15280
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com