SLR - "Discovery" of astrology

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
SLR - "Discovery" of astrology

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:49 pm

I bought my first astrology magazine in the first few days of September, 1968. It was the October 1968 issue of Your Horoscope Guide, and I was caught by the cover article on (Tropical) Libra's year ahead. After that, I never stopped.

My SLR for August 10 had Moon opposite both Uranus and Pluto, in different ways:

27°08' Leo Pluto (8°56' above Dsc)
27°24' Aqu Moon (3°19' above Asc)
2°19' Vir r Asc (1°51' below Dsc)
2°47' Vir Uranus

Uranus is the most angular. Moon opposes Pluto 0°16' in eclipto, and opposes Uranus 1°28' in mundo.

As an aside, Uranus is also 27' from semi-square my Mercury, Saturn is 07' from opposite my Neptune, etc.

Almost immediately after the purchase, I had the kind of amazing SLR that, had I been older and perhaps in business, would have been life-transforming (I was still 13, in case you didn't check), I think it was probably life-transforming anyway, fuelling my new rabid interest.

20°35' Leo Sun (1°33' above Asc)
21°45' Leo Jupiter (0°46' above Asc)
22°13' Leo Asc
27°24' Aqu Moon (4°29' above Dsc)
28°05' Leo Pluto (0°47' below Asc)

Moon-Pluto remains close. Pluto and Jupiter are both partile conjunct Ascendant, with the effect pattern being Sun-Jupiter-Pluto.

Notice that there is no distinctive, meaningful house emphasis in either of these SLRs. Everything of note is along the horizon in both cases, except for foreground Uranus' semi-square transit to cadent natal Mercury.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: SLR - "Discovery" of astrology

Post by mikestar13 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 am

I'd be curious about the SLR for your discovery of the Sidereal Zodiac, both first exposure and that a-ha moment you recognized its truth. The comparison and contrast with these two striking SLR's could be quite enlightening.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 am

Jim wrote:
I bought my first astrology magazine in the first few days of September, 1968. It was the October 1968 issue of Your Horoscope Guide, and I was caught by the cover article on (Tropical) Libra's year ahead. After that, I never stopped. My SLR for August 10 had Moon opposite both Uranus and Pluto, in different ways:
Most interesting Jim! I note some phrases from Ebertin in COSI about Uranus-Pluto combos:
Principle: The process of transformation.
Probable Manifestations: …the bringing of new things into being…
Sociological Correspondence: …people who are very much out of the ordinary or who are endowed with universal genius.
I am almost 70 years old and I can go back and look at my life and have noted my favorite authors and teachers on any subject have a strong Uranus-Pluto Natal signature. It has always been this Uranus-Pluto signature that has taught me the most about my peak life interests, and you have certainly taught me the most about Sidereal Astrology---so I am grateful that Uranus-Pluto August 1968 SLR spark of ‘universal genius’ jolted you onto your life’s path of ‘Discovery’ ultimately leading you to Sidereal Astrology. I highly commend you on your life’s work with Sidereal Astrology-- well done.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 am

mikestar13 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 am
I'd be curious about the SLR for your discovery of the Sidereal Zodiac, both first exposure and that a-ha moment you recognized its truth. The comparison and contrast with these two striking SLR's could be quite enlightening.
Hard to pin that down, since the conversion was a slow, gradual seepage over a couple of years. No aha moment, just gradual sifting as more data was gathered and weighed.

But I can tell you approximately first exposure. A speaker at my school wanted me to get a series of articles on chart delineation in a magazine called America Astrology, and said I should get a copy of the current issue. I got it and, besides the articles he was recommending, it had an obituary for a guy named Cyril Fagan, and started serializing some of his old articles. Fagan died in January 1970, and I'd have to look back to see what issue is obit was in - perhaps March or April? Later? And the magazine would have been on the stands during the month prior its cover date. I read his stuff and then gradually started noticing, over the next few months, that he was talking about something new. (I first thought "sidereal zodiac" was just a poetic metaphor, like "starry sky," and didn't get that he was writing about a whole other system.)

Meantime, Pluto had finished its full transit of my Moon, but kept dipping back close enough to be important when foreground; and Uranus was well past my Ascendant by then. I don't see any SLRs in the first half of 1970 that have anything remarkable besides that, perhaps because there was no Light Bulb Moment or anything of any particular impact.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 am

Jim wrote:
I read his stuff (Fagan's) and then gradually started noticing, over the next few months, that he was talking about something new.
Same thing happen to me in a different manner after 10 years of Tropical BS. The first Sidereal Astrology book I read was your ISR, and thought to myself--this is something different & new---I need to seriously study. And 22 years later--here I am still learning. :)