April 2018 Lunar Return

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
April 2018 Lunar Return

Post by Freya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 am

I post this here following a discussion on my malefic SSR
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1865&p=12644#p12644

My April lunar return may point to something, or a crisis, happening during that month. So far I know that I will have my graduation ceremony on the 14th of April (Sun conjunct mercury?), as I had to postpone it this year due to illness. I will post what happens (should anything relevant happen). maybe I have missed a more relevant return.

I isolated this return due to venus being foreground, the partile Mars-and Saturn aspect near the Southpoint and partile square with moon and pluto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SteveS
Nabu
Re: April 2018 Lunar Return

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 am

All astrologers who live at high latitudes , should make sure they own or have access to astrological programs which offer a mundoscope for all Sidereal Astrology charts. If not, when it comes to precise angular positions of planets, you can/will miss critical information. Below is Freya’s April 1 Mundo SLR, and it is an eye-opener! Note her Moon is actually partile cnj SLR Dsc, SLR Venus is partile cnj SLR Asc, SLR Uranus 1,18 cnj SLR Asc. This is an ‘outstanding incident’ Moon-Venus-Uranus SLR, relative to the immediate environment (what’s going on) in Freya’s life. I sure am glad I don’t have to do a-lot of charts in high latitudes, because according to Jim’s return guidelines, we are supposed to do a bi-wheel looking for natal planets close to return angles, and to figure the actual placement of natal planets to the angles of a return chart takes some additional figuring to know for sure the actual distance of a natal planet to a return angle.

https://imgur.com/a/YoMlm

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:12 am

Steve nailed it. This isn't a bad SLR at all. It's a really great one!

First, to get rid of the worst of the "bad stuff" you saw - ignore the Southpoint. I've long sat on the fence regarding Vertex-based angles in return charts, and work done over the last year has AFAIC put all the nails in its coffin. There's nothing there. Ignore it.

Second: Besides Mercury square MC, this chart boils down to Moon-Venus-Uranus across the horizon, and a little Sun and Jupiter. It's quite exciting, really! I don't know what the nice surprises will be but, for example, this is the kind of chart under which your fiancé might have told you he was getting his surgical reversal you mentioned. It's the kind of chart for new romance, renewals, joy, weddings, pregnancies, and the like. Yes, there is a chance of separations or rearrangements in relationships, but the whole is done with so much positive energy and happy surprises around it...

Here's a more thorough breakdown.

In the SLR itself, here are the angular planets:
Venus 0°11' from Asc
Moon 0°46' from Dsc
Uranus 1°18' from Asc
-- Moon-Pluto sq. 0°21'
-- Moon-Venus op. 0°57' in mundo
-- Venus-Uranus op. 1°07' in mundo
-- Moon-Uranus op. 2°04' in mundo
Mercury sq. MC 1°36'
Sun 6°25' from Asc
-- Sun-Mercury conj. 0°52'
Jupiter 8°36' from Dsc

Here are natal planets near the angles:
Moon 0°11' past Dsc
Mars 1°21' before Dsc
-- Moon-Mars conj. 1°32' in mundo
Saturn 4°50' before Dsc
Sun 4°20' before IC
-- Sun-Saturn sq. 0°30' in mundo

Unfortunately, this is not quite so perfectly splendid. Notice, though, that the environment around you is still "Moon-Venus-Uranus, with some Sun and Jupiter." What you bring to the mix, though, is Moon-Mars + Sun-Saturn. I suspect you'll be rather stressed and, perhaps, taking it out on others. Your own aggravations will be affecting others and perhaps causing some discomfort and distance in relationships. You might be driving yourself in a way that makes you sick, for example, that pushes your immune system hard. Notice, though, that this is under your control.

I bet you didn't know that you have Moon conjunct Mars and Sun square Saturn super-close, right? These are mundane aspects that only appear with the right orientation of the sky, as in this SLR.

Two Suns and two Moons foreground? You are definitely the star in the spotlight.

What aspects do we have between foreground SLR and natal planets? Here is a breakdown.(Remember: SLR Moon, Sun, Venus, Jupiter, Uranus. Natal Moon, Sun, Mars, Saturn.)

One interesting point - not sure how important this is - notice that natal Moon is to the minute of arc opposite SLR Venus. They are both exactly 0°11' past the horizon. I mention it without being sure whether to lean on it too hard.

There aren't really any other transits to your natal mundanely, except that Venus and Uranus aspect natal Moon just as they do SLR Moon. Nor are there ecliptical aspects of note between foreground planets.

Finally, to fill in any subtleties, look at any partile transits of any SLR planets to natal planets. These at least work as background influences for the whole month. They are:

t Pluto sq. r Moon 0°21'
t Pluto op. r Venus 0°40'
t Mars conj. r Jupiter 0°30'

Definitely there are shifts in relationships this month. Just be careful that you aren't the one breaking things :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:08 am

Jim wrote:
Moon 0°11' past Dsc
Mars 1°21' before Dsc
Saturn 4°50' before Dsc
Sun 4°20' before IC
8-) Excellent observations Jim. Very important planetary tones for the possible manner the way Freya may 'react' to this SLR. Do you have a short cut for precisely measuring these angular natal factors with Solarfire?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:32 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:08 am
Jim wrote:
Moon 0°11' past Dsc
Mars 1°21' before Dsc
Saturn 4°50' before Dsc
Sun 4°20' before IC
8-) Excellent observations Jim. Very important planetary tones for the possible manner the way Freya may 'react' to this SLR. Do you have a short cut for precisely measuring these angular natal factors with Solarfire?
It's this tool, an Excel spreadsheet: http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1544

It creates a table that looks like this for her SLR:. Thus, natal Moon "6th House, 29°49'" is what I translated to "Moon 0°11' past Dsc."

Code: Select all

PLANET		HOUSE	°	'
Moon	Mon	6	29	49
Sun	Sun	4	3	20
Mercury	Mer	5	15	29
Venus	Ven	4	22	41
Mars	Mar	7	1	21
Jupiter	Jup	9	8	10
Saturn	Sat	7	4	50
Uranus	Ura	7	18	27
Neptune	Nep	8	18	24
Pluto	Plu	7	15	25
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 am

:roll: I am going to have to learn how to operate Excel :) .

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 am

SteveS wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 am
:roll: I am going to have to learn how to operate Excel :) .
Yes. There are many things we can do with Excel to take the place of custom stand-alone programs. - To use this tool, you don't need to know much about Excel - just be comfortable moving around it, and use the provided tool. But you need to be comfortable with the basics.

With your mind, I would think that a spreadsheet program would have a hundred separate uses for you.

You can get access to a slightly simplified version of Excel - the web version - with a free OneDrive.com or Outlook.com account. You can learn the basics from various tutorials and might want to get a solid introduction like the book Excel for Dummies (surely there is such a book!) which will ignite your imagination quite a lot.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you for the interpretation Jim, and Steve for the advice on calculating charts at high latitudes.

I think I may have to invest in SolarFire sooner rather than later. I am going to pay close attention to this SLR... Jim, I take your comments on board, the last thing I want to do is to jeopardise my current relationship.... thank you for the warning!

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:15 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:12 am

Second: Besides Mercury square MC, this chart boils down to Moon-Venus-Uranus across the horizon, and a little Sun and Jupiter. It's quite exciting, really! I don't know what the nice surprises will be but, for example, this is the kind of chart under which your fiancé might have told you he was getting his surgical reversal you mentioned. It's the kind of chart for new romance, renewals, joy, weddings, pregnancies, and the like. Yes, there is a chance of separations or rearrangements in relationships, but the whole is done with so much positive energy and happy surprises around it...

Definitely there are shifts in relationships this month. Just be careful that you aren't the one breaking things :)

Yes, you nailed it! April 5th - My partner and I have given notice of marriage, which has been put forward to 29 September (6 months before it was originally planned, the final decision made after Easter)

lot of anger too as far as having been fired unfairly. I want to sue my employer, but maybe my energy is better spend getting the job I want. Sitting on the fence with this one but inside I am livid.

April 13 - Long-sought British citizenship will be granted at a citizenship ceremony
April 14 - Graduation ceremony

That weekend I will tell my father about the wedding. I know my parents will not be best pleased and I am expecting a row. I am also expecting my mother not to turn up at the wedding. So alas, you will be right on this point too!

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:50 am

I am not sure whether this is a manifestation of the current SLR or the SSR itself. This is one of the saddest events that has happened to me in the past 10 years.

My mother wants to divorce my father because he's coming to my wedding after 38 years of marriage. My father had come to visit me on the occasion of my graduation and citizenship ceremony. My dad told me that she gave him the task to split up my partner and I, because she hates our union. He refused and all hell broke loose upon his return. (she's always hated every partner I have been with to be honest, he's just the next in line for her). She hates the fact that I got British citizenship as it represents to her that I will never move back to Italy, and the relationship with my partner is the same.

She has now taken her coercive/passive aggressive behaviour to the next level. She has started separation proceedings. Because of the wedding, she has given ultimatums to all members of her family not to come to the ceremony. She has cut me out of her will. She doesn't want my dad to speak to me, and he has to call from the basement or when he is outside. When she overheard him speak to me on the phone, she started throwing dishes at him, because "I should be dead to him too". She even refused to give him his medication knowing that he needs insulin, to "punish" him" because he refused to break us up. This is because I am getting married. She wants him to cut me out of his life like she has done twice before, and if he doesn't do that she will divorce him.

My fater has vowed that he will never cut me out of his life, no matter what. I promised him that I will not do that either, no matter how tough it gets with my mother. If it wasn't for my father I would not have a family.

I am distraught and I am not sure how I will recover from this.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am

Freya wrote:
You will recover Freya in due time. IMO, this is a clear manifestation from your current SSR which featured Saturn as a potent 'theme' planet for your solar year, could have been timed by your Ap SLR. One of Saturn's main malefic functions is to SEPARATE, believe me I know, for I had to completely separate myself from my father in order to move forward in my life without him afflicting my life with all kinds of destruction's. It turned out to be the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am

Freya wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:50 am
I am not sure whether this is a manifestation of the current SLR or the SSR itself.
It's the SLR Moon-Mars and Sun-Saturn all conjunct your mother.
This is because I am getting married.
No, this is because your mother is a demanding controlling narcissist, who uses every situation to focus attention on herself whether it has anything to do with her or not.
She hates the fact that I got British citizenship as it represents to her that I will never move back to Italy, and the relationship with my partner is the same.
I think you got this right. You are out of her reach and she's trying desperately to get hooks into you to drag you back.
she has given ultimatums to all members of her family not to come to the ceremony. She has cut me out of her will.
I thought she did this before, maybe a couple of times. So, do you actually care? Hey! How about you cut her out of your will. And announce it to all the members of her family despite your mother's ongoing attempts to paint them as monsters to you, you would welcome them at your wedding.
OK, don't really do that. Vesuvius is already showing signs of awakening. But try to remember you have the power here. What your mother is upset about is she doesn't have it.
She has now taken her coercive/passive aggressive behaviour to the next level....
she started throwing dishes at him, because "I should be dead to him too". She even refused to give him his medication knowing that he needs insulin, to "punish" him" because he refused to break us up.

Natural consequences for throwing dishes at someone is the police come and take you down to the police station for being out of control. Natural consequences for keeping someone from having their insulin is jail for trying to kill them.
Your father needs a lawyer, and preferably one with experience with battered spouses. He also needs a notebook kept where she can't get to it where he writes down dated accounts of what she did, what she said, etc at the time things happened. Document her behavior. Let her pay alimony if she wants a divorce.
If it wasn't for my father I would not have a family.
You would still have a family, just not one you want anything to do with.
That was her goal, and I guess she achieved it. Maybe she can't control your actions, but she can control your emotions. She can ruin your wedding for you.
If you let her.

Or, you can make fun of your mother. Not to her face. You don't want to make things worse for your father. But geeze if your mother isn't a caricature of the narcissistic controlling mother who demands to run the lives of every one and everything around her.
Google "daughters of narcissistic mothers" and see that you are not alone. Your mother isn't the only one. You can't change her, and you can't make her see the light or fix her behavior. You can't. Stop trying. You can set boundaries and cut her out of your life if she oversteps. Whether or not she's in your life is based on her actions, not yours. You are in control here, even though she's raised you to believe she is.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Freya, I am curious to the Sun-Moon signs for your Mother. Do you have her birth time?

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 am

Really not doing very well at the moment. Unfortunately I do have my monther's exact birth time, however I know from my aunt that it was around 2pm in the afternoon. I know that she was born on 19 August 1947 in Palermo, Sicily. Not sure if that helps. I know my ascendant sign (Leo) is her sun sign.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:00 am

Thanks Freya. I think I now understand a little more about your Mother with her tight triple cnj of Mercury-Saturn-Pluto in Cancer.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:23 am

I'm so sorry Freya. I hope you feel better soon.

Your mother has Moon conj Neptune, both square Mars. She gets emotionally invested in fantasies and fights to make reality match. Not fun for people who don't live out her fantasy.

Freya
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Freya » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:23 am
I'm so sorry Freya. I hope you feel better soon.

Your mother has Moon conj Neptune, both square Mars. She gets emotionally invested in fantasies and fights to make reality match. Not fun for people who don't live out her fantasy.
Wow. You pretty much summed up my mother in one paragraph!!!

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 am

Freya wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am
Wow. You pretty much summed up my mother in one paragraph!!!
I guess there's something to this astrology stuff after all. ;)