Q&A and discussion on Transits.
TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Partial Lunar Eclipse of August 7/8, 2017

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 am

The Moon is about to enter the umbral shadow here in some few hours... :D

From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:A partial lunar eclipse will take place on August 7/8, 2017, the second of two lunar eclipses in 2017. The Moon will only be slightly covered by the Earth's umbral shadow at maximum eclipse.

The moon inside the umbral shadow will be a subtle red, but hard to see in contrast to the much brighter moon in the outer penumbral shadow.
This eclipse's chart has the Sun-Moon opposition being 0°04' from exactly squaring my natal Saturn! :shock:
But as you see already stated above, in this eclipse, the Moon is not as covered like in other common partial or total lunar eclipses. And the luminaries are also just about 9° from the Nodes.

Should I consider this eclipse "strong enough" to create a six-month Saturnian period to me, or would you guys consider this as a typical one-day "Full Moon" transit, where I'd feel my Sun-Saturn transit especially strongly? (And I am, I'm so dazed, thinking is slow, some hard work today, my body is lagging, it's aching here and there, though that hard work wasn't really that physically vigorous enough to cause the aches by themselves I think.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Partial Lunar Eclipse of August 7/8, 2017

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am

Lunar eclipses don't create a six-month effect - only solar eclipses (if even that).

Lunar eclipses, at most, have about a month of duration. Often they appear simply to be super-strong Sun transits which are unusually effective for a day or two compared to other years.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am
Lunar eclipses don't create a six-month effect - only solar eclipses (if even that).
I see! I thought both eclipses create a six-month effect. :geek:
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am
Lunar eclipses, at most, have about a month of duration. Often they appear simply to be super-strong Sun transits which are unusually effective for a day or two compared to other years.
Yeah. Clearly as I stated above this Lunar eclipse to my Saturn transit was very physically weakening, sometimes mentally too. I still feel somewhat weak and sluggish now, but not as strongly as it was on last Monday.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am

Have you considered something more basic like, say, Mars' square to your Saturn over several days (with Sun square your Saturn before that)?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am
Have you considered something more basic like, say, Mars' square to your Saturn over several days (with Sun square your Saturn before that)?
How did I even miss that? :shock: Thanks for pointing that out! :D