"Primary" angles

Q&A and discussion on Secondary Progressions.
Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: "Primary" angles

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am

Ok, but do you know if the solar arc feature in astro.com would work for this?
I can see that my natal chart has 12,33 degrees between the DSC and the MC and when I cast a solar arc direction chart for today I see that this distance is 13,34 degrees and SA AC is partile conj. n. Mercury which is quite fitting for going back to Uni and maybe the business ventures as well.

PS. Oh wow, I've just been upgraded to be a "sidereal field agent" with over 500 posts (but was demoted from Irish by the move to the new site) ... should I take out my Bond wear and start a mission? :D
Last edited by Arena on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Irish
Irish

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Arena wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am
Ok, but do you know if the solar arc feature in astro.com would work for this?
I don't know. I've never used Astro.com to calculate charts. Others here probably do know.

The question is whether it is a feature to Solar Arcs per se, or is an option on how to calculate the progressed angles (probably listed as something like "by Solar Arc in longitude").
I can see that my natal chart has 12,33 degrees between the DSC and the MC and when I cast a solar arc direction chart for today I see that this distance is 13,34 degrees and SA AC is partile conj. n. Mercury which is quite fitting for going back to Uni and maybe the business ventures as well.
For your given birth time, your Solar Arc angles today are 6°56' Aquarius and 24°23' Cancer. Your (primary) progressed angles are 6°56' Aquarius and 4°06' Cancer.

Either way, MC is 12' shy (< three mounts) of moving into partile orb of square natal Neptune. Solar Arc Ascendant is in orb of square your natal Moon.

LOL, I picked "Sidereal Field Agent" as a pun on the astrophysical idea that the zodiac is a field. You are now one with the Sidereal Field. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Yes astro.com shows AC at 24.23 Cancer, conj n. Mercury (and sq.n. Moon), which is why I said is quite fitting for me having gone back to Uni to study again.

But if you say by this method it would be 4,06 Cancer instead, well then it is sextile n. Pluto and quinc n. Jupiter and nowhere near to square the Moon which is at 25 Aries.

Jim Eshelman
Irish
Irish

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Arena wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:08 pm
But if you say by this method it would be 4,06 Cancer instead, well then it is sextile n. Pluto and quinc n. Jupiter and nowhere near to square the Moon which is at 25 Aries.
No, I said Solar Arc Ascendant was square your Moon, not progressed Ascendant, which is making no valid contacts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com