Spanish Armada Naval Battle Aug 1588

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
SteveS
Nabu
Spanish Armada Naval Battle Aug 1588

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:58 am

The Armada chose not to attack the English fleet at Plymouth, then failed to establish a temporary anchorage in the Solent, after one Spanish ship had been captured by Francis Drake in the English Channel. The Armada finally dropped anchor off Calais.[22] While awaiting communications from the Duke of Parma's army, the Armada was scattered by an English fireship attack.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada

One of the greatest naval battles in history took place near the coast of Calais, France in Aug 1588. Below is Calais 1588 Cansolar:
Note culminating Mars!
http://imgur.com/a/CCXr4

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Spanish Armada Naval Battle Aug 1588

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 am

If it is convenient for you to watch the movie Elizabeth; The Golden Age, I highly recommend you pay close attention to the two scenes when Elizabeth was consulting with her astrologer John Dee. Elizabeth ran into a huge problem during her reign. The Spanish Armada (greatest navy in the world) was sailing to England to take Elizabeth out of the world picture. Elizabeth was asking John Dee if he knew a way out of this predicament, and Dee replied—not really, but I can tell you on the day the Spanish arrive off the coast, there is a conjunction of Moon-Mars. Elizabeth asked what does this mean and Dee explained Mars has to do with wars, fires, destruction etc. (paraphrasing with my aged memory). In this great navy battle, the undermanned English navy used fireships to win this decisive battle. In other words, the English navy used fire to destroy their own navy ships, and in so doing, they defeated the Spanish Armada. I thought this was very cool, being in harmony with mother nature to win a decisive battle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:19 am

In Visions & Voices, I gave horoscopes for Elizabeth and Dee. I'll try to remember to post the data when I get to work (on thr bus at the moment). I also want to dig into this event more thoroughly, had never found sufficiently exact time and place, so thanks for that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 am

Jim wrote:
In Visions & Voices, I gave horoscopes for Elizabeth and Dee. I'll try to remember to post the data when I get to work (on thr bus at the moment). I also want to dig into this event more thoroughly, had never found sufficiently exact time and place, so thanks for that.
8-)

I have read a couple of sources many moons ago, that said Dee was the mastermind behind Elizabeth 1 who's reign was responsible for the long "Golden Age' in Europe, probably true--given Dee's credentials.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am

Astrologer John Dee gave his own birth data as July 13, 1527, 4:12 PM, London, England. Queen Elizabeth I was born September 17, 1533, 2:54PM, Greenwich, England.

He was a Cancer-Capricorn (exactly like his close associate, Edward Kelley), born at Full Moon. (We just passed his 490th birthday. There will be big John Dee parties in five years.) She is famously a double Virgo with Moon exactly square a dignified Jupiter. I think his Mercury-Jupiter conjunction near her Descendant is one of their more important interchanges, even with somewhat wider orbs (need to check it mundanely), but one can't easily ignore her Pluto right along his Full Moon,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:59 am

Thanks for the info Jim. Mother nature working through their synergy charts to create a great nation. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:12 am

The mundane angularity is quite dramatic! I just wrote it up in detail here:
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1563#p9662

This is only a single-case example, but it's way better than their sparse ecliptical synastry.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 am

Jim wrote:
This is only a single-case example, but it's way better than their sparse ecliptical synastry.
I am going to watch (stream) the movie again with this synastry in mind. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 am

According to data given by Steve at the top of this thread (and the Wikipedia link he gave), England's destruction of the Spanish armada occurred just off Calais, France (not the coordinates given in the Wikipedia article, which are for just off Plymouth).

Though the Battle of Calais was not the final step in the Armada's destruction, it was the decisive step, and in any case was one of history's great battles. It began at midnight (0:00) July 28, 1588. (As far as I can tell, this is the OS date, but I can't find anything that says so decisively.)

If this is OS, then it occurred the night of a Capricorn Full Moon - the same Full Moon under which John Dee had been born - and started as a blazing Full Moon was high in the southern sky in the exaltation degree of Mars, 28° Capricorn.

Year: Capsolar (Dormant.)

Year: Cansolar
(This was Steve's showpiece chart. It is not only the Quarter chart but, with a dormant Capsolar for that spot, this is also the Year chart. And I don't think Steve saw the whole of what was there in the mundoscope!)
Pluto on Dsc (0°53', stationary)
Mars on MC (1°13')
-- Mars-Pluto sq. (0°20')
Moon-Venus op. (2°57' in mundo)
Moon-Saturn sq. (2°59')

Bridge
t Saturn sq. Cansolar Moon 7/25-10/10
Event window: July 25 to October 10 (OS)

Caplunar
Pluto sq. Asc (2°04')
Moon-Mars op. (0°46)

This is borderline dormant. The Moon-Mars is sound enough, the Pluto may be a little wide. The importance is that, if dormant, it allows the prior week's Liblunar to flow through and, for Calais, that Liblunar had:

Mars on Dsc (1°04')
Mercury sq. MC (0°13')
Jupiter sq. MC (1°34')
-- Mercury-Jupiter conj. (1°21')
Sun-Neptune conj. (2°15')
-- Neptune on Dsc (4°33')
-- Sun on Dsc (6°47')

Day: Capsolar Quotidian
p MC conj. s Sun (0°47'), p Sun (0°12'); op. t Mars (1°14')
p Asc conj. s Jupiter (0°01'), t Sun (0°48')
-- t Sun conj. p Jupiter (0°49')

Day: Cansolar Quotidian & Transits
p Asc sq. t Mars (0°28'), s Sun (1°33'), s Mercury (1°21')
---------------------
t Saturn sq. s Moon (0°52')
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 am

Jim wrote:
And I don't think Steve saw the whole of what was there in the mundoscope!)
No, I didn't bother to look. When I saw culminating Mars--that's all I needed for SMA telling me this Cansolar timed one of the most important naval battles in history. But, that Mars-Pluto Paran is a big Bingo. Thanks Jim for your detailed SMA analysis.