Sun & Moon in solunars: Active Vs Passive

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Sun & Moon in solunars: Active Vs Passive

Post by Venus_Daily » Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Feb 03, 2016
I was rereading Fagan's interpretation on Solunars, and now I am wondering about the difference between lunar and Solar return charts. Fagan claimed that Solar Configurations are more active, something the native initiates in their life, while lunar configurations are passive and reflective of what's happening to the native and significant of environmental effects vs. solar configurations which seem to be outside of the environment. I know that there's no such thing as inside vs outside, just the way we perceive things, but I was wondering if the same logical can be applied to return maps. For instance, is the Solar Return symbolic of what the native goes after or undertakes throughout the solar year versus the lunar return being representative of what happens to the native and how they respond to their situation or environment?

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: Active Vs Passive

Post by Venus_Daily » Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:Fagan was applying that Sun vs. Moon treatment to Sun and Moon aspects in both solar and lunar returns.

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Thanks Jim,
I know you said you treat planets conjunct an angle are like being conjunct the sun or moon depending on the return map, what I wanted to know is if the planets on an angle take on the same quality, active vs. passive.

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Jim Eshelman wrote:I see where you're going with that. I think it would be, at best, stretching things to say that observation supports the generalization, though. The whole process of interpreting these charts usually boils down to understanding inside vs. outside, assertive vs. receptive, etc.