Re: US forecast November 23 - December 20, 2017

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I hear you JSAD.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Skirball fire (bel aire, CA)

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:10 pm

"The fire broke out on Dec. 6 just before 5 a.m. at an encampment under Interstate 405 and Sepulveda Boulevard in Los Angeles County, the department said. " (Dec 6, 2017)
ABC News http://abcnews.go.com/US/skirball-brush ... d=51746393

"The 422-acre Skirball Fire broke out at 4:50 a.m. Dec. 6 on the east side of the 405 Freeway near Mulholland Drive. It destroyed six homes and damaged 12 others, and at one time prompted the evacuation of about 700 homes and an apartment building. It also shut down the 405 Freeway for several hours."
CBS News https://www.cbsnews.com/news/skirball-f ... epartment/

Apparently that was a homeless camp.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 am

As part off assessing the forecast and, generally, looking in the rearview mirror...

The new tax bill isn't signed yet. The House has to re-aff it, then it goes to Trump for signature and that's not likely to happen within the next hour (before Moon enters Capricorn). Nonetheless, from the political point of view, this tax legislation has been the chief feature of this Caplunar. I think it's a very good example of how mundane charts don't have moral elements. They are descriptive of psychological states, impressions, actions, reactions, etc., and of events that spin out of these or that stir these responses, and therefore can anticipate kinds of behavior, and our best approach, usually, is to describe that anticipated behavior on its own terms.

These last few weeks have seen a confluence of Jupiters, with a little malicious steak running through the middle.

The Capsolar, of course, is Jupiter-dominant (though not Jupiter at all). I suppose we can even find the Jupiter-Uranus and Sun-Jupiter aspects specifically descriptive of the tax overall: Jupiter-Uranus for "Jupiter-related changes" (on a scope not undertaken in 30 years at least), and Sun-Jupiter in its typical manifestation of people with power and money acting to get more power and money. The economically elite will likely have their revenue-enhancing changes before the Capsolar expires in a month. I didn't really anticipate this with Jupiter-Uranus, but I did speak of it under Sun-Jupiter.
However, SUN-JUPITER promises plenty of self-serving, elitist "politics as usual" in the mix, motivated by a non-philanthropic tendency of people with money and power wanting more money and power.
Where it really started gearing up was in the Libsolar, with that exact Mercury-Jupiter conjunction exactly square Ascendant. This is an aspect of diplomacy - in this case, not between nations, but between factions. The Republican law-makers had very successful negotiations and general (profitable) business dealings among themselves. There are other specific characteristics of Mercury-Jupiter that were anticipated, and accurately described, under the Libsolar in passages originally written last September; for example,
Though bad things do happen under Mercury-Jupiter influence, they are infrequent: This is an uncommon aspect for tragic events. (When they occur, "bad" is in the eye of the beholder: Nearly always, one party has great success to the detriment of another.) Most often, we expect diplomatic success, commercial alliances, trade negotiations, successful conversations and cooperation, and major judicial action. Especially, it is a favorable time for conducting business, so commerce should flourish. People spend more time listening to each other, and mostly good things come from this.
The maliciousness I mentioned is in aspects involving Capsolar Moon and its progressions. As the Bridge section outlines, in addition to Uranus and Pluto transits to Capsolar angles, the CapQ has a progressed Moon-Neptune opposition, and Mars transits Capsolar Moon. These have all been building since at least the 11th, with all the forces coming together beginning December 18 and continuing past today into the next week.

Finally, the November 23 Caplunar itself. Again, it was mostly Jupiter. It looks like a "good time for all" chart, but the "for all" part didn't work out so well. Look at the chart yourself, and see the patterns; but here are some quotes of what was said about it.
...Jupiter rises, Venus is on Eastpoint, and Mercury makes a hidden aspect (PVP square) to the rising Jupiter. Moon squares Uranus ecliptically (partile), and squares Mars mundanely.

Overall, this is a perfect Thanksgiving holiday chart: The tone is positive, but there is no shortage of upsets and squabbles. I would call it opportunistic. Politics has no less strategic maneuvering, but a great deal more emollient than we have tended to see this year. Mercury's aspect to Jupiter is friendly toward business, commercial alliances, diplomacy and negotiations in general, though it likely shows one party's advantageous success over its opponent.

Venus-Jupiter pairings mark celebrations, victories, festivities, love, world-witnessed weddings and births, and happiness. Events center on celebrities and the economically elite...
I'm not sure whether the December 12 Liblunar (which switched thematic gears) plays into this or not but here is an interesting passage, speaking of its Venus-Neptune dominance:
...we expect events characterized by intense devotion, passionate belief, compelling fantasy or role-playing, performance art, disillusionment, betrayed alliances, perceived offenses, diplomatic embarrassment or loss of esteem.
Of course, this came in the same day that Roy Moore was trounced in Alabama.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am

Jim wrote:
I think it's a very good example of how mundane charts don't have moral elements. They are descriptive of psychological states, impressions, actions, reactions, etc., and of events that spin out of these or that stir these responses, and therefore can anticipate kinds of behavior, and our best approach, usually, is to describe that anticipated behavior on its own terms.
Exactly Jim, well stated. IMO, we always need to look at these mundane charts for DC in the light they cast on psychological states of being pertaining to power structures within the Beltway and speculative's how they may affect these power structures.