US forecast December 20, 2017 - January 16, 2018

Archive of forecasts covering January 20, 2017 to January 20, 2021.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: US forecast December 20, 2017 - January 16, 2018

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm
It really seems more like the spigot of bad news for Trump got cranked wide open the last few days.
Yes. A few days ago, in the presence of very active charts, I wrote here asking if anything was happening I missed, because, even with the holidays, it was hard to believe it was so quiet. It was all just waiting for the new business week to begin.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:38 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am
Canlunar (Jan 2)
So far as it can happen in a single fortnight, everything now changes. We are startled, taken by surprise, our sensibilities stunned, our workaday clickity-clack mental processes halted. Things are torn down, broken, and removed. Once this week is over, there is no going back; there is only going forward.
I am beginning that the Wolff memoir of the Trump administration may be doing exactly this, and exactly in the two-week period specified.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:58 am

The Trump melt-down hit a new level of flailing liquefaction this morning near sunrise, when he tweeted out a barrage defending his mental faculties, designating himself "a very stable genius," whose "two greatest assets" have been, "mental stability and being, like, really smart."

Regrettably, other nations are watching this, too.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Pence Watch

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:30 am
SIDEREAL LUNAR RETURN (Dec 4)
...His prevailing SLR, as our Caplunar month opens, goes all the way back to December 4. It is quite unpleasant, with a partile Mercury-Saturn conjunction closely rising (Saturn closest, 0°36'). Everything written above about Mercury-Saturn for Trump applies here. In general, it's an unpleasant, grumpy, difficult time.

Nor is it a minor time. Pluto is on Eastpoint. Events this month are high-impact and transitional, drawing a line in the sand that one cannot recross. There is also a shock or blow, a serious start (Mars opposes a widely foreground Uranus).
Over the month of December, Pence learned (and plans were finalized) that there would be significant resignations/departures from his staff. In December, or concurrent with the new year, he lost his Chief of Staff (Josh Pitcock), Press Secretary (Marc Lotter, left in the fall), Chief Counsel (Mark Paoletta, who is going to OMB), and chief domestic policy advisor (Daris Meeks) - four incredibly important positions.

I think all of these people worked either on the Trump-Pence campaign or the transition team, and most have been with Pence for years in different roles.

It isn't usual for there to be significant staff shuffles at the end of the first year of office, though these are pretty common at the end of the second year and end of the first full term. Significant departures have been occurring for a couple of months in the Trump administration (mostly connected to the Mueller investigation, it seems), but the VP staff is much smaller, so this is more striking.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Ingress Angularities - Other Locations

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:27 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am
Liblunar (Jan 9)
MARS and JUPITER swoop together across the west, including straddling Los Angeles, and (below) just off the northwest coast. I expect his means stormy weather conditions. and I know it means we should watch this with interest...
Indeed, very light rain began yesterday and then, with Moon entering Libra it picked up, It's still not a lot of rain (in LA, it's most mild; a little heavier north of here), but it's just enough, after the largest area-burn fire in California history, that flooding has started - I imagine mudslides, but I haven't seen that mentioned - and there have been a few deaths.

So gentle a thing as the rain, in the aftermath of the fire, becomes deadly: Mars + Jupiter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:07 pm

When that same gentle rain gets here, it'll last all evening tomorrow and into the night... till between 2 and 3 AM Thursday, when it'll hit the cold air coming down from Canada, and by Thursday AM, we'll have had anywhere from 6 to 18" of snow on top of ice, and with the winds, it'll have become a blizzard. Usually just as deadly as the mudslides I understand have taken at least 3 people.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm

A few hours ago they updated the report to 8 deaths so far.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com