Fixed Stars

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Danica
Irish
Irish

Fixed Stars

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Jul 24, 2012
Freya wrote:Are the fixed stars a relevant feature in the natal chart? Should they be considered as worthy of importance as the planets, angles and aspects? :?:
So far I have not found many people who use them in their interpretations....
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: Fixed Stars

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Freya wrote:Are the fixed stars a relevant feature in the natal chart? Should they be considered as worthy of importance as the planets, angles and aspects? :?:
So far I have not found many people who use them in their interpretations....
They appear to be significant. But I'm not confident we have enough research to be past the theory stage on their meanings. I'm certain they're nowhere near as significant as the planets. I think it's better to ignore them, rather than try to use them with unsubstantiated information.

But yes, there is enough historic and anecdotal information to suggest that there's something brooding there. Take a 1° orb for conjunction and opposition only, and see what you find.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Freya wrote:Is there a system of calculation that is best? Tropicalists usually use only one coordinate
For stars? Aspects to planets should be ecliptical (longitude). Angularity should probably be in mundo. (SolarFire will calculate in mundo angularity directly.)
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Freya wrote:do I also need to examine the star's RA, declination and celestial latitude?
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:Those are the coordinates used for the calculations, but SolarFire calculates the star pagans directly to save you the labor.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Danica wrote:I find this site very interesting & informative regarding fixed stars and non-zodiacal constellations:
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

as for the astrological influence of the fixed stars, I take them into account, but only conjunctions within 1°orb of the great stars (mostly the traditional Four Guardians of Heaven + Vega, Sirius, Spica, Algol) with Luminaries or MC/AC.
but I do this for the sake of my own study, not including it into the interpretation for others. (because the old interpretations for the fixed stars seem to be too obscure, and the new ones are yet to be made... )
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC