I hate being sick.

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

I hate being sick.

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm

I hate being sick. You'd think all the practice I've had recently I'd be better at it.

I have had the flu for the past couple weeks. First I didn't feel that bad, so I didn't think to get tamiflu. First mistake.
I was tired, so I slept. About the time I started wondering if the flu was blocked, I started feeling better. For a day and a half. Then I got the backed up sinuses and all the fun stuff that goes with that. OTC stuff took care of the worst of it, and then I felt better. For about a day and a half.
Now I can't stand upright. I can stand up, just not straight. And not for long. I can manage to walk a bit, even up and down stairs, as long as I have something to hang onto. I'm better sitting down, but not by much.

I suspect I should call the doctor tomorrow, but I'll have to manage a shower before I would go in, and that's not going to be fun.

If anybody can shine some light on when this is going to end, I'd be grateful. I am very fuzzy brained.

Oh, and I can't hear. Tinitinitis.

Venus_Daily
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Re: I hate being sick.

Post by Venus_Daily » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Wow, the length can vary from person to person. Last year, toward the end of October, I contracted the Flu and took Tamiful as well. It helped some but not enough. Thankfully, I did not have sinus problems, but I remember it last for quite a while. Each time I thought I was feeling better, I would start to feel worse again. The fatigue is literally the worse, I had to hold my bladder for over 12 hours at a time because I just couldn't get up. I remember it lasting for about month, and the hacking cough lasted for a month and a half. I hope you feel better soon, JSAD.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm
If anybody can shine some light on when this is going to end, I'd be grateful. I am very fuzzy brained.
Sympathy. - Most people have been having this about two weeks before thinking they're better ("better" is the word at first, not "well"). At that point, you're at "don't be fooled and push it" - when you want to get up and push it, act like normal, catch up on stuff, but that risks landing you back where you started. Instead, take it easier. Most people are seeming to be back to normal a month or so after the end of the first two weeks (i.e., about six weeks in).

Watch out for "pushing it" around January 24 and February 2, when Mars crosses your natal angles.

I've felt I'e "wasted" far too many Jupiter transits beng sick - being lazy, pampered, inactive, using it up for the "getting better" - at least for me, it's a Jupiter thing. Jupiter squares your Venus exactly on Januaryt 14, and is doing a lot of lead-in between now and then.

You have Saturn exactly on MC (and, more generally, Venus-Saturn) of your December 27 SLR. It squares your Mercury on Desc, so figure you'll catch up on your reading for a while. Your January 9 Demi-SLR loses the Saturn, keeps a rather stunning Venus-Sun-Pluto conjunction on IC with Moon-Uranus across the horizon, so I think you'll be wanting to be up and around by then. Since your Neptune rises, take it easy - convalesce more - but the worst of it is probably during the first two weeks of this SLR.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Six more days. I can make it six more days. I think it's the Leo Sun can handle most anything as long as it just knows there's an end in sight.
I'll be fine as long as it doesn't snow enough to need shoveled.

Thanks Jim. I missed that Saturn on the MC entirely. I have the orbs set down too tight.

The January LR angles are 1° past the birth angles. That doesn't mean anything in particular, right? Just interesting.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 pm

JSAD, today specifically you had both t Sa sq r Me (59' a) and t Me sq r Sa (25' a).
t Sa leaves orb on Jan 22

there's also this: t Saturn [that just left orb sq s.p. Sa & Mo], is now going cnj s.p. Mars, 28' wide today (sep.); leaves orb to s.p. Ma on Jan 9 - only to continue by going over your SSR Moon, Jan 7 - 25

(and look at the sec. progressions alone for the physical hardship of this period!)

on the other hand, DSLR starting Jan 9th looks very interesting, with that partile triple conj Su-Ve-Pl which is partile on IC (m)!! - and this together with Mo and Ur foreground!
and SLR following it, on Jan 23, has Ve 16' from WP and Ju in wider foreg.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 am

I have a friend in Nashville who has the same sick condition as you JSAD. I was told the other day all the seats at Doc-In-Box in Springville were taken with flu victims, and people were in their cars in the parking-lot waiting to see Doc. My wife & I are scared to leave the house for contacting this flu that is everywhere. This widespread outbreak of this strain of flu seems to be associated/timed with this terrible cold weather in country, and your area is one of the worst cold spots. FWIW, if your lungs get/start real congested, I have had good results taking a herbal blend "Clear Lungs" purchased at GNC.

TheScales_BothWays
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 am

Ugh, fever. :( Sorry you're going through all this.
Hope you'll get well soon. 💕

One thing though: isn't it best to go to the doctor's right away if one suspects to have flu or any other viral fever? Hospitals here take viral fever seriously with Dengue going rampant every year, and previously, H1N1 (swine flu) and H5N1 (bird flu). Treatment is usually a week, more or less.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 am

People down here who have this 'whatever' that is infecting people with sickness--tell my wife on Springville Facebook---there throats and lungs feel like it is on fire. Are you experiencing this affect JSAD?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Nope. Exhaustion, headache, sinus, severe muscle cramps in my back, just started running a temperature. Pretty classic flu.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 pm

My least favorite part of such things (among several competing least favorites) is my brain being dead. I can manage feeling terrible quite a lot by pouring my mind into something.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:24 pm

I do that a lot too, but there comes a point where you can't, and if you try to sleep your back seizes up, and that's the point where you have to know this is going to end and you just have to hang on for X more hours or days. I had the flu shot, but this strain apparently wasn't a problem in Australia when they were making up the shot.
Note for next year, go for the multi strain shot over the high dose.

FlorencedeZ.
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Hang in there JSAD, I really wish you the very best. It's so annoying to have the flu. I guess you just have to go through it now. Take good care,
Regards,
Flo

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks, Florence. The cats are taking good care of me. They can't work the can opener by themselves.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:12 am

JSAD wrote:
Note for next year, go for the multi strain shot over the high dose.
I never knew this was an option, will ask the doc the next time. Or I think I will call Doc office and ask what kind of flu shot I was given.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:40 am

Never in my life have I been through such a prolonged cold spell here in the south, and it is nothing compared to the cold at JSAD's turf, Omaha.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:39 am

Oh, it broke here. We should actually get above freezing if the Sun comes out tomorrow or Monday. It's a January Thaw! Till the sun goes down and it all freezes on the roads.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:19 am

Yes, next week we get back to seasonal temps, finally.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 pm

I'm some better. Enough to be sure I'll eventually be ok. Still have a fever, still can't stand up straight, but way better than it was. Jim was right about the lunar and Dani hit it right on the nose with the progressions and transits.

I'm hoping to get to the grocery store tomorrow before the blizzard hits and maybe be able to get the walks cleared if not the driveway, but I'm not sure either is going to be possible.

Thanks everybody for the kind wishes and good thoughts. It really helped.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:00 am

JSAD, I have a friend in Nashville who also has the flu, and he said its the worse sickness he has experience in his life. He is 71 and his age probably accounts for the severity of his flu. The National News is reporting this strain of flu as a widespread outbreak across the Nation. Yes, last night, I noticed the very bad storm coming your way. Since you have difficulty standing, do you know someone who could go to grocery store for you?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:46 am

Nah. They have a service where they get the stuff off the shelves for you, you drive up, pay for it and they load it into your car. Free the first few times you use it. I haven't used it yet. I might try it today. But I know most of the people who work there, so likely they'll just dump me in a motorized scooter (they have several) and send somebody around with me to pick up stuff I can't manage. Omaha is big enough it has most of the modern conveniences.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 am

Yes, this is what I was thinking, a service that provides for theses type circumstances. 8-)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 pm

I made it. Under my own power. I found a shopping cart to lean on out in the parking lot, and just leaned on it the whole way through. I did have a nice young man put the stuff in the car for me, but I got it all inside, and the cold stuff is all put away, I think. I even remembered toothpaste and replenished the paper plates so the cats have something clean to eat off the next time I'm too sick to wash dishes. I even stopped off and got them a bacon cheeseburger which they are currently sharing although not very nicely. I should probably cut that up so we all get some.

SteveS
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by SteveS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 am

:) Keep us informed on the coming storm.