Welcome to Solunars.com

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Welcome to Solunars.com

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Welcome to Solunars.com, the reincarnation of the Solunars.net forum which ran continuously for about ten years, since it was "born" September 3, 2007 5:54 pm, Los Angeles, CA. (The birth of the present forum was May 07, 2017 12:40 pm, Los Angeles, CA.

For those unaware, "Solunars" - the name of this domain and the title of this forum - is the title of Cyril Fagan's column introducing and forwarding Sidereal astrology, which ran in American Astrology Magazine from 1953 until his death in 1970. The name is picked to honor his pioneering work, and to proclaim the standard to which I hoped this forum might rise.

I'm hosting this forum for three primary purposes:

(1) To provide a place for education concerning Sidereal astrology.

(2) To provide a place for the intelligent and progressive discussion of Sidereal astrology.

(3) To provide standardized interpretations for Sidereal astrologers. (These have evolved over time and will continue to evolve going forward.)

As for the latter - I'm asked, every now and then, if I'm ever again going to write anything substantial about Sidereal astrological interpretation. My answer is always that it depends on how long I live. The scope of the matter (and the number of independent notebooks into which all the notes are shoved!) has always made it easy to procrastinate. Be creating a space in which ideas can remain in evolution, I'll at least be able to put forth whatever I have at any given moment. (Eventually I may move these to a companion informational web site, solunars.org.

If you are not familiar with the Sidereal zodiac and Sidereal astrology, I recommend you start with the following two articles on this site:

"A Brief Look at the Sidereal Zodiac"
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

"There Really Is a Zodiac"
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5

In any case - jump in, enjoy, tell your friends - let's see where this takes us, eh?

Solunars.net born September 3, 2007 5:54 pm, Los Angeles, CA.
Solunars.com born May 07, 2017 12:40 pm, Los Angeles, CA.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: Welcome to Solunars.com!

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 07, 2017 5:01 pm

When the earlier site began, my oldest continual friend at the time, Matthew Quellas, posted the following on September 10, 2007.
mquellas wrote:Greetings, Jim,

Let me add my thanks for starting this site. And personally say "It's about time!"

I'm looking forward to seeing resources presented for students at all levels, which have been relatively lacking for too long, and for a forum to discuss techniques -- pro and con -- that just aren' t used by the general astrological community.

Sidereally yours,
Matthew
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 am

Happy new incarnation to the beloved Solunars forum!
Sun in MC, Mercury-Uranus conjunction and Moon-Jupiter conjunction in Virgo a top of it - great chart for the new birth of astrological forum!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks. And here you are already a Constellation Member on the first morning :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

I just looked at this for the first time on my phone. The new site scales to a tiny screen. Way better than the old one. I think those of you that use a browser on your phone will find this much more to your liking. Even the chart wheel immediately above fits perfectly and reads perfectly well on the phone, which would never have happened on the old site.

By the way, this post is done entirely by dictation with only a few small hand corrections, mostly for punctuation (and the rest for background noises when big vehicles sped past me).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: Welcome to Solunars.com

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 am

You will see more spammers showing up on this site than the old one. Tis is because (given that the new software has much better protections against this sort of thing), I'm experimenting with how open I can leave the registration process - to make it easier for all of you and to make it easier for others to join us.

I address these spam posts as fast as I see them, including removing them and their posts (after gathering and processing forensic data). This takes extra time, so there may come a day when the only choice is to lock down the registration process like on the old site so that I have to approve each individual registrant.

What you can do: When you see a spam post, mark it. There is an "!" button (an exclamation point) on each post that gives you the option to report it. Feel free to use that button to speed things up even more.

I apologize that you have to see any of these spam posts. It is, however, a cost of having a more open forum that more people can join more easily.

Thank you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Re: Welcome to Solunars.com

Post by SteveS » Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks Jim, I will try to remember to report em to help you.