Sleep deprivation/insomnia

Q&A and discussion on Medical Astrology (the astrology of health and illness)
Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Sleep deprivation/insomnia

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Curious how I never thought this never had an astrological connection however it may. Are there any signs/planets/aspects that have trouble sleeping? As someone who doesn't sleep well, even with the use of sleep medications this has me curious.

Maybe Mars aspects/sign/angular has higher energy (thus sleeps less or needs less sleep)?

Mercury types perhaps dont mentally shut down as easily. (Restless active mind + nervous habits if you add Mars into the mix)?

Any another thoughts?
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Sleep deprivation/insomnia

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 am

It could be different planets from different perspectives, as you hint, but one thing that is well established is linking this with Mercury. (Nerves, etc.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 am

Ok cool. I don't sleep most nights because I'm awake at night, typically I want to go to some random place or rollerblade around campus, go work out, etc.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I supposed curiosity is part of it, too. As a Virgo, from childhood I've always thought I'd miss out on something interesting by going to sleep.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 pm

It's more like I cant physically rest, no matter what I take my body says no. Then I go do crazy stuff because why not.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Try not taking anything. A lot of people find stuff that makes other people fall asleep does the opposite for them.
Also lie down, close your eyes and try counting something. Count to 100,000 before you give up and claim you just can't sleep. Stay on the counting.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

I only tired sleep aid 2 nights now. Hasn't worked. I laid in bed awake for 5 hours trying to fall asleep at this point I just get up and be productive or do crazy stuff till I crash. An adrenaline rush from sex, violence, drugs helps expend my energy and then I crash after it wears off.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Try running and try it earlier in the day. Better than an adrenaline rush because it doesn't leave your system as quickly and drains the right systems to improve sleep. Adrenaline is meant to let you recover quickly.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Ok thanks. I used to do am workouts and I had no trouble sleeping (this was in high school), now I have am classes come back zonked crash and don't sleep at night. I cant say that I don't prefer doing things that are risky I'm a bit of a rush junkie but it gets in the way of every day life.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:01 am

From my experience it is Stress that causes disruptive sleep/poor sleep habits. Stressors need to be explored and finding root causes. Mental stress especially.
I have similar physical restlessness sometimes, like you.
Type of exercise can help in breathing exercises, meditation, yoga, stretching, and walks; more intense workouts like running, lifting, and so on can cause more stress and poor rest/sleep if you need recovery. Moderation
Check your diet- certain foods cause inflammation, allergies. Consume prebiotics and probiotics. Dont OD on Vitamins, caffine or sugar. Eat enough protein, veggies, fruits, carbs
Natural herbs like Turmeric can lower inflammation. Try edible marijuana-use in moderation. It makes me sleep like a baby. Try CDB oil

General excitment from Mercury and or Uranus can lead to what Jim says-feeling like you are missing out. Do all of your calculations before resting before bed. Resting before bed is key. Section your day routinely. Give calcutiions time and then its done. When resting before bed , watch your thoughts pass like clouds in the sky. Remind yourself this is rest time and calculations are over. Your body will adapt to this routine. (Research meditation)

Suggestions-
Make health number one ( as opposed to being accepted, more money or competition). Love. ( especially for yourself) priority. Let go, surrender to life. Give up control.(but not responsibility)
Forgive and forget. Let others be. Don't fight.
Live authenticity, do what you know is right(no regrets).
Live in the present. Focus on the bigger picture. Accept yourself. You are normal. (Because we all are)
Think of it as rest. No big deal if wake up or can't sleep like you're suppose to. Let your body do what it does. Its okay.
Last edited by James Condor on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Venus_Daily
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 pm

I've always had problems sleeping. I have an angular Mercury aspecting Moon. (natal) My ex had the excact same aspect with Mercury on the IC instead of the nadir like mine, and he had the exact same problem only maybe worse. A lot of the time, he had to smoke weed to fall asleep. He also has a virgo moon in the exact degree square my moon...very strange.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:44 am

Mercury and Uranus and aspects with these planets are known to be connected to sleep disturbance. I think Neptune aspects can be added too. And any tick with nervousness, attention, OCD, hormone imbalance, muscle aches and pains. Each person has to learn over time a sleeping habit. Habits can be made or change.
Transits give the native a tweek of habit. Our environment works with our natal chart in tandum.
Mars-mercury will have more issues than Mars-Venus, mars-Jupiter
. Mars-Uranus actually made me excited to begin the day. I fell asleep as normal but awoke before alarm ready to produce.
Hubs probably bleep better in general