Irony in the birth chart(?)

General Discussion on Natal Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Irony in the birth chart(?)

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat May 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Any placements that allow irony to occur in the natal chart?

I have a Saggitarius Sun, and an angular Jupiter.

I'm pessimistic, withdrawn, un-happy go-lucky, outside society and its norms. I sound cocky online and for that I apologize (it is probably also my age), but I can actually lack confidence. I don't like to lead, I'm rather put to it most times, I tend to yield results but I would rather work a lone. Sometimes it's best to have less than more and minimalism would acyualy suit my nature.

I'm not getting my Sun sign even on a therotical level (past being told that doing certain things is "so Saggitarius" which sounds like a white chick in Tumblr (sorry if offended any white chicks on Tumblr)) .

Curious if there are any things that occur in a chart to make the native act in therotical opposition of their sign.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Irony in the birth chart(?)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 12, 2018 3:08 pm

If you mean are there things in a chart that per se make the live come out contrary to expectations: No, there aren't.

If you mean are there indications that incline one to an ironic sense of humor: Nothing is better for that a Sagittarius Sun!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat May 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Humor is more... bleak... maybe melancholic.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat May 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Having an ironic sense of humor has nothing to do with having a bleak or melancholic personality. The idea that it does is ironic.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat May 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Bleak humor. Not bleak personality "my Humor is...bleak".

What's ironic is I have a pre-existing schema of my personality and I'm not assimilating Saggitarius Sun into it because they produce a opposite nature, and despite my anti-label nature some part of me still trying to make the stars work. Ironcly sidereal astrology doesn't directly use stars either.

Saggitarius Sun seeks social approval, where as I do not in fact some times I seek to upset society.
Saggitarius Sun shows a happy-go-lucky, positive nature, where as mine is pessimistic and Saturnine
Saggitarius Sun seeks a tribe, which one could argue i do, however I'm seeking love (one person is all I need)
Saggitarius Sun is seeking perfection, where as I'm seeking how to except nothing is perfect.

I can either assimilate or grow into sag (proving you right), rebel against it (still you say sag is in denial proving you right), or I can give up altogether... I'm giving up.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun May 13, 2018 12:05 am

ScarletDepths wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:30 pm
Bleak humor. Not bleak personality "my Humor is...bleak".
Too cryptic for communication that's not face to face.
What's ironic is I have a pre-existing schema of my personality and I'm not assimilating Saggitarius Sun into it because they produce a opposite nature, and despite my anti-label nature some part of me still trying to make the stars work.
What's ironic is you keep insisting you're nothing like the descriptions of the signs your luminaries are in but nobody believes you based on what you say while making those claims, over and over and over.
Ironcly sidereal astrology doesn't directly use stars either.
Why would you think it would? The fixed stars are fixed in space, and so is the path of the Sun's orbit. As the earth rotates, they appear to move together. That's what the word "Sidereal" means. "Moves with the stars." Not "is defined by the stars."
Saggitarius Sun seeks social approval, where as I do not in fact some times I seek to upset society.
Saggitarius Sun shows a happy-go-lucky, positive nature, where as mine is pessimistic and Saturnine
Saggitarius Sun seeks a tribe, which one could argue i do, however I'm seeking love (one person is all I need)
Saggitarius Sun is seeking perfection, where as I'm seeking how to except nothing is perfect.
Sagittarius suns don't seek social approval. They give it.
Sagittarius suns aren't happy-go-lucky. They're perfectionists who judge everybody, including themselves, usually as lacking.
Sagittarius suns don't seek a tribe. They try to dictate to an existing tribe or at least set it's goals and mores.
Did you (or your auto-correct) write "except" when you mean "accept"? If you're trying to say you're seeking to learn to accept that nothing is perfect, that sounds like a Sagittarian trying to make his life easier instead of railing about nothing being perfect.
I can either assimilate or grow into sag (proving you right), rebel against it (still you say sag is in denial proving you right), or I can give up altogether... I'm giving up.
We'll see.
I don't think you're in denial. I just think you don't know what Sagittarius is like nor what astrological descriptions are like. We've told you. Go back and reread what's been said to you already. (Click on your name, it will take you to your profile. Click on the link to search your posts, and it will list all of them for you.)

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed May 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I will take them with me. I was dillusional to believe that people used the stars,however I don't think I should be seen as dillusional to use them myself. In my time away I've learned about and connected with the unaspected Neptune in my chart. I can say that it is a place for me to get away with from all of my other placements (most of which I agree with even looking at the fixed stars) I have reread Venus and Jupiter placements and looked at them in the sky at my birth, these are the only two I don't agree with, however unless the Sun and or rising sign ruler has effect over our lives (ie the sign that it is in) this has little importance according to Jims methods.

I can say I don't understand my luminaries, most of the traits that are given in the blurbs are laughable [seemingly except for the negative traits]. However some on this site may see me as laughable, very well then.

Why are saggitarius and leo given a regal and political air? I don't understand regality or politics to being with. (The whole thing seems bubkiss, a waste of time.) It is in this that I can't get over, I lack the status quo and formality, as well as trulely judging you guys as it may appear, I am not. In fact I judge myself for not "fitting in" these luminary signs. Even if some may believe i dont know myself, the elders in my family laughing at the traits of my Sun and Moon signs speaks for it's own.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:36 pm
Why are saggitarius and leo given a regal and political air?
I suppose primarily because one is solar, the planet of kingship, and the other jovian, the planet of aristocracy. (I would say aristocratic, rather than political: "political" may mean many different things. But Jupiter is all about being ranked with the "best" people in the "best" place, which through ancient and medieval times meant those that, if they couldn't be king, would be in the ring closest to the king.)

To the ancient Greeks and Romans, Leo was not the constellation of Sun - they didn't pair signs with planets but with gods. Leo was the constellation of the king of the gods, Zeus or Jupiter. Lions have long been called "king of the beasts": and associated with royalty.
I don't understand regality or politics to being with.
Understood. Do you have a question about it?
It is in this that I can't get over, I lack the status quo and formality
This could be learned if you wanted, and might be useful to have in your back pocket as you move through life. Or not.

You want to be a chef, right? (Am I recalling correctly?) Grace, style, presentation, and even a certain formality are basic to being a chef.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm

I want to be a chef because I am an artist, I prefer to be hidden, not known, masked. I don't like formality, politics, regality these are not traits I want to have. If i am to be a king, then let my head roll. Jupiter was Zeus was he not? [Instead of the sun?].

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm
Jupiter was Zeus was he not? [Instead of the sun?].
Equivalent gods in different pantheons, yes. Zeus (pronounced in the ancient Greek dialect closer to Zdeus) became the Latin Deus, "God." Iupiter in Latin is iu-pater, more or less "high father."

Hiding yourself in the kitchen doesn't distance you from the art of presentation before the plate heads to the table.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed May 30, 2018 8:06 pm

What happens if I'm not like Zeus in a kingly nature, but more so his stormy side? Are there any sag people like this? I have had dreams about being a God or demigod, never was I a child a Zeus, never did i rule over the gods. I don't like to rule, I'm told I'm good at it, but I don't like it. The worst feeling I've ever felt I'd when people display their emotions when they think that I believe I am better than, or above them. I hate when I feel those feelings of those people, id rather be not here than seem cocky and self absorbed.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed May 30, 2018 9:36 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:06 pm
What happens if I'm not like Zeus in a kingly nature, but more so his stormy side?
It's important not to draw conclusions from mythology but, instead, to draw them from observation of people. We then sometimes cite these when the observations are consistent with mythology, but the content starts from observation.

Jupiter is the single best example of where mythology screws with astrology. Most of his traits are martial. He's more Thor than planetary Jupiter (down to the red hair). Planet Jupiter strong in a horoscope is not consistent with a stormy nature.
Are there any sag people like this?
There are all sorts of people in every sign, because a horoscope is composed of dozens of factors. For example, a Sagittarius with Mars rising would likely be like that. Consider John DeLorean or Rush Limbaugh, as two differing examples of Sagittarian Sun and angular Mars.
I don't like to rule, I'm told I'm good at it, but I don't like it.
If you're good at it and don't like it, that's a serious conflict. Fulfillment in life comes from discovering what is inherently true about yourself and consciously embracing it and taking it up. If you are actually good at it, then it's part of what you came to earth this time to do.

That suggests that maybe you have an issue with people who rule over other people and don't want to act like them. If that's true, then hopefully you'll eventually get over it and stop letting the people who hurt you determine how you live your life.
The worst feeling I've ever felt I'd when people display their emotions when they think that I believe I am better than, or above them. I hate when I feel those feelings of those people, id rather be not here than seem cocky and self absorbed.
OK, I get that. But... what if that's actually your role in life? You don't help people by letting their weaknesses define you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com