Connection through signs due to anti-thesis

General Discussion on Natal Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Connection through signs due to anti-thesis

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:33 pm

I have a Mars in capricorn and I feel very closely to that sign [even more so than my Sun or Moon] It could be due to age or many other things however I was pondering something.

My charts most notable anti-thesis is the Moon, which is a large part of Capricorn's anti-thesis as well. Do or can anti-thesis(es) of our charts drive us to feel closer to signs that are activated [luminary, Mars, or stellium] and share a common anti-thesis? If so is it even worth noting?

I believe the ability to pick out any possible anti-thesis in a chart via looking at the anti-thesis of the Sun, Moon, Mars or stellium signs and eliminating them as anti-thesis in an individual is definitely within astrological capabilities.

All thoughts are appreciated.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: Connection through signs due to anti-thesis

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Here is an example

Beyonce has a Sun in Leo, Moon in Libra, Mars in Cancer, and Virgo stella.

That means Moon, Mars, Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Venus and the Sun are anti-thesis to one or more of her four noticeably strong signs.

The Moon is in dignity
Jupiter is in dignity
Pluto is angular
Venus is angular and in dignity
The Sun is domicile
Uranus is conj. her Moon (loosely)

That leaves Mars, Saturn, Neptune

That Mars-Saturn combination exactly matches the anti-thesis of Cancer, Beyonce's Mars sign perhaps giving her an even closer connection to it.

Neptune anti-thesis matches some of Virgos anti-thesis which could have a similar effect.

This is taken of course keeping in mind that her sun is domicile, her mercury is domicile/exalted and her Moon sign's leading planet is angular.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Mike
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:30 am

Raksasa wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:33 pm
Do or can anti-thesis(es) of our charts drive us to feel closer to signs that are activated [luminary, Mars, or stellium] and share a common anti-thesis? If so is it even worth noting?
I think of this stuff in terms of presence/absence, which seems like a similar concept.

For example, with Venus background, and with Mars in Scorpio and being foreground, and a Virgo Moon that is anti-Piscean (therefore adding a quality of non-Venus), I have a pronounced absence of Venus in my chart.

I wouldn't say that it's an "antithesis" to my whole personality, or the whole natal chart, but it is visibly absent from both. I am high-strung, have trouble relaxing/"just hanging out" without the Mars energy seeking to dominate the interaction or make it competitive, typically have trouble with romance/feeling like I'm disconnected from all of that, etc. When I'm in California (where my Venus is sharply foreground for essentially the entire state), it feels like I'm on another planet - so pronounced is the difference when Venus is present naturally in my life.

With that said, my Mars and Venus are reasonably close trine (3*04'), and each are only aspecting each other. (I think I have a wide mundane Mars-Mercury natal aspect here in north Jersey but can't check right now.)
I have a theory that my Mars energy comes out more in large social situations (I get hyped up and rowdy) as an attempt to compensate for the missing Venus. This could also just be 1. Mars being my only angular planet, 2. my Moon-Neptune exaggerating all my interactions, or 3. some combination of all of these things.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 am

Mike wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:30 am
(I think I have a wide mundane Mars-Mercury natal aspect here in north Jersey but can't check right now.)
You have a mundane semi-square for birthplace, at about a degree and a half. I think that's treading on speculative soil, but nonetheless the aspect is there.

Actually, you have it barely in the usual orbs ecliptically, at 1°57'.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 pm

I see Mike. I'm trying to rummage through my thoughts about your personality. I can't conclusively say that Vigo-Scorpio comes out more than Sagittarius in you. I definetly see your Sagittarius energy (I can relate to some of the actions which is assumibly due to our shared sun sign.).

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:34 am

There is something to the order of signs in relation to dignities. Cancer is adjacent to Gemini and Leo and opposite Capricorn. Therefore Jupiter opposite Saturn but what about Moon opposite Mars or Jupiter opposite Mars? Jupiter anti Mercury and Moon ant Mercury? Moon anti Pluto.
I can keep it simple and call them antithesis. Planets are easier to see opposites. But I also think there might be more to it in adjacents

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:17 pm

The anti-thesis is the exact opposite. We know the planets opposites outside of the sign. This means I don't think that Mars is opposite Jupiter just due to the fact that a Mars influenced sign sits opposed to a Jupiter influenced sign.

If we went by that rule or idea of thought then every planet opposed to Mars influence would be.
Jupiter (Cancer)
Moon (Cancer,Taurus)
Venus (Libra,Taurus)
Saturn (Libra)

What that might tell us is that Moon Is also slightly unlike Mars.. Which is rather unique.

My chart is generally unlike the Moon and unlike Neptune while being most like Jupiter, Pluto, Sun and perhaps Venus as well. I'm just getting at the point that if in a sign the anti-thesis is noted, then maybe we should note anti-thesis in our charts as well.
Telling someone our like planets and unlike planets establishes a more thorough explanation of our charts.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Personally not convinced Sun dignified in Aries only because it’s opposite in Libra is Venus/Saturn. I don’t think Aquarius has Saturn as dignity either. And Sun opposite the Moon not Venus.
I do wonder if a planet can rule a section of the zodiac in quadrants. For example say Sun rules Leo, Virgo and Libra where Leo is Sun/Sun, Virgo is Sun/Mercury, Libra is Sun/Venus, Taurus -Moon/Venus, Gemini Moon/Mercury , Cancer Moon/Jupiter. Scorpio is Mars/Uranus, Sagittarius Mars/Jupiter and Capricorn Mars/Saturn. Aquarius Venus/Uranus, Pisces Venus/Neptune and Aries Venus/Pluto

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:45 pm

James Condor wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Personally not convinced Sun dignified in Aries only because it’s opposite in Libra is Venus/Saturn.
It's usually easier for me to see Aries as solar than as any other planet. Certainly many of their worst traits are solar, and many of their better ones.
I don’t think Aquarius has Saturn as dignity either.
Me either.
And Sun opposite the Moon not Venus.
Yes, Moon is the most obvious Sun polarity.
I do wonder if a planet can rule a section of the zodiac in quadrants. For example say Sun rules Leo, Virgo and Libra
Except Libra is acutely anti-solar and Virgo is indifferent to it.
Aquarius Venus/Uranus, Pisces Venus/Neptune and Aries Venus/Pluto
Aries is acutely non-Venus.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Darn! What are examples of Sun qualities and the opposite? My Aries ex has Leo Moon so hard to tell. But, I assume it’s making everything about them. I will tell stories about another person and she has to make it about her. “I’m not like that”. Or “That’s not how I do it”. Then a long story about herself.
Like I said though, Leo Moon
With Libra I’ve noticed when I ask them a question their answer is directed not with ‘I’ but more outward with a general answer. Then I have to ask specifically-‘I’m asking how You feel or think’. They don’t talk about themselves unless you ask specifically?