Relocation help needed

Feel free to post your full birthdata. We'll attach a natal chart for you. Discuss your own chart, tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Relocation help needed

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 am

martin88 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:16 am
Do you count the crossings at all?
Yes. Those are called parans. They're definitely secondary, but sometimes are a main factor distinguishing one area from another. For example, a friend moved from Los Angeles to San Diego - not a very long distance at all - but picked up a Sun-Neptune paran in San Diego that had her feeling dependent and unproductive, which she couldn't stand, so she moved back to LA. The feelings went away.
Here is what Astro.com shows for Debrecen, the 2nd largest city in Hungary. I wonder whether the bolded ones could be too difficult for me, but Debrecen is to the west of my Jupiter line, which is a better place than to the east of the line:
There's no reason east or west of the line should have a different meaning.
Crossing Chiron/Neptune
Crossing Venus/Uranus
Crossing Moon/Mercury
Crossing Saturn/Chiron
Crossing Sun/Jupiter
I don't think there has been enough work done with Chiron to know what it means for sure. One could argue, of course, that Saturn with anything and Neptune with anything would be a problem, though we don't know importance (strength) to give it. Yes, I see your Sun-Jupiter, Moon-Mercury, and Mercury-Uranus lies slicing right through Slovakia, so not too far from Hungary (I'd have to do a separate calculation to see their orb for Debreczen, with Sun-Jupiter further north, exactly at the latitude of Wadowice.

These are a bit time-consuming to calculate carefully, but I'll take a few minutes to confirm these right now.

The map discloses as approximately present for Hungary, Chiron-Neptune, Venus-Uranus, Moon-Mercury, Saturn-Chiron, and Sun-Jupiter, and also Mars-Chiron which wasn't on your list. From careful calculation, here is what I get using 1° orbs, for Debreczen. (In addition, you have a Saturn-Uranus paran that is present at all locations on earth, 0°50'.) For each one, I've placed at the end of the line the specific angles the planets are on when they form the paran; for example, you have Mercury on Descendant at the same time Chiron is on MC, which is what forms their "crossing."

0°09' Saturn-Chiron (Asc/Dsc)
0°14' Mercury-Chiron (Dsc/MC)
0°19' Venus-Uranus (Asc/Dsc)
0°19' Chiron-Neptune (Asc/Dsc)
0°36' Mars-Neptune (Asc/MC)

I'd worry a bit about the Mars-Neptune, which can be treacherous and poisonous; but possibly you can use its energy in your music? (I don't know what you play or how you play it, there are several genres that live deeply in a Mars-Neptune state.)

Sun-Jupiter must be Sun on IC when Jupiter is on Asc. For this location, their orb is 1°05'. (Some people count up to 2°, I was being more conservative with 1°.) Moon-Mercury must be Moon on Dsc with Mercury on IC, which is 1°43' for this city.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:35 pm

Thank you, Jim!
I've since visited 2 psychics, asking them about relocation and surprisingly both of them say Poland is my place without being prompted to. However, despite the nice Jupiter line there I've got these parans, below. I wonder if AstroCartography (or in this case the AstroClick Travel tool) is the main thing when relocating or if things like past lives etc. have influence as well sometimes? I've no interest in visiting supposedly very AstroCartoGraphically auspicious places for me like Athens or Madeira. I don't even like Greek culture and naturally it's not green enough for my liking and the cities are suffocating. Not sure I'd leave Europe as well. France, Germany, the UK, Poland and Hungary are the ones I feel attracted to and whose cultures I like. With the UK Brexiting that leaves the other four, but I dislike the sound and difficulty of pronouncing (Modern) French. :lol: I lean to Germany and Poland the most. Anyway, the scary parans I have in Poland:

In Warsaw where most jobs are:
Crossing Venus/Saturn at Same Latitude
Here, your social contacts take on a distant, formal character. You expect a lot from the people around you. As a consequence, you might feel lonely, misunderstood and disappointed, if they meet you with some reserve. You are very sensitive to social convention and morals which influence sensual pleasure. The desire for sexual closeness and tenderness could also be dampened by your inner fears. This place favours renunciation and abstinence. Furthermore, you have a good connection with older people as well as dealing with antiquities or art....
Geographical position of this line crossing: 71w41', 52n35'. 5819 km to the west of the clicked point (outside this map)
In Krakow or Southern Poland, I get the Saturn/Chiron paran:
You depart from old attitudes and lifestyles and are attracted by the strange, unusual and alternative. This is especially true in your job and in your approach to social and legal norms. Here, you turn into an outsider and loner who cannot find any satisfaction in your existing circumstances. You are constantly working on the fulfillment of your ideas and visions without becoming impractical.
And in Northern Poland (as well as for most of Northern Europe, including the UK) I have this:
Crossing Mars/Neptune at Same Latitude
This could be a critical place for you. You appear less assertive and convincing, and decisions may go wrong. This is especially the case if you think of assertion in a commonplace way. In this place, you may find it easier to reach your goals, if you go with the flow of the circumstances rather than fighting them. But if you get the feeling of fighting a futile battle, you may resort to alcohol or drugs for relief.

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 am

There are so many pages in this thread, so if I have already asked this question I apologise. But I would like to ask you what is your why? Why do you want to relocate? What would you like to get out of such a relocation?
If I had your chart and would be doing this exercise and would be wanting to move away from a good Jupiter-Moon location, I would most likely try a place that has Sun on ASC or MC.

Have you ever been to India, Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet? Your Sun on MC.
Or have you ever been to Madeira and perhaps Morocco? Sun on ASC.

Why not try to take a trip to a few different places to see how the energy resonates with you? Is that possible for you?

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 am

Hello Arena! I've always felt drawn to faraway lands. And I want to gain more money than our bad economy affords. I don't fit in with Balkan culture, never did. :) I have a not so good paran here but maybe it's just not my place? I don't really belong here.

Never had any interest in visiting any of these places except for Madeira, but just for a vacation.

I like German, French, Polish, Hungarian and UK/American/Anglo culture. Due to parans the UK's out. Hungary is out due to very hard language. I loved Paris, felt at home there (Sun/Jupiter paran there). Nürnberg area could also work.

I don't know if to listen to psychics or AstroClick Travel but it was spot on about my Pluto line in Holland. So I think Paris and Nuremberg areas could work. Here's what psychics have told me about places I must live at:

Germany - 2 psychics
Ireland - 2 (but how with a Mars-Neptune paran?!)
Poland - 2
Hungary - 1
Canada (middle) - 1 (spot on, good lines there but not leaving Europe any time soon :mrgreen:).

Btw Jupiter is in its fall in my horoscope (Gemini) and I don't have any career success here at all. The only excess I face here is antagonism by people. I made more friends for a year near Vienna than in my whole life here on my Jupiter line. Friendships here just don't last or sth prevents them from happening.

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Tue May 07, 2019 11:05 am

This is why I asked what it is exactly that you are looking for with your relocation?

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

People think in different ways and judging a whole location only by it's western economy is not what I would do. F.ex. India has opportunities for those who have something that a big portion of the local population does not have. So if you have a little money and an education or something to offer, then you can probably live very well there. Sun on MC supposedly brings people status and recognition which can be good for making money and having good success.

To me, Morocco is just soooo beautiful and has so many beautiful design things that can be exported to sell in another country and is also growing in tourism... so in spite of a poor economy some people can really make good business from good ideas. Sun on ASC can also bring status, recognition and good vitality.

To me, Paris is a beautiful city to visit for a few days but I would never want to live there. So polluted, so crowded. To me, Germany is also a beautiful country to visit for a few days, but I've always found the Germans so square that I would never want to live there.

So martin88, what is it that you are looking to change with your relocation? What would you want to get out of life in a new place? Do you have aspirations to follow? Are you looking for a good place to get a good education? Bring Mercury out. Are you looking for love and friendships? Bring Venus out. Are you looking for success, recognition and status? Bring Sun out. First find that answer within yourself and then go forward from there.

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:01 am

Mostly friendships and health and mental stability (I'm bipolar). I attract criticism at work if working too close with others. It was better when everyone had different functions but lately I have been working in those big corporations where 100s of ppl do the same thing (boring clerical and administrative jobs).

I have met very nice Germans and just like the culture. Same for Polish culture. Moroccan and Indian cultures are interesting for a trip but to me they are weird. Too exotic and traditional for my liking and I wouldn't even go there for a vacation, not interested. I only like the way they have so many rituals and big families. However, I find Central Europe more alluring, save for Czechia and Slovakia. I think my birth time might actually be wrong. My mom probably misremembers it. I don't know how to explain the pull Germany and Poland have on me. Might also explain why all my friendships with Bulgarians failed.

Arena
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Arena » Thu May 09, 2019 8:46 am

Why didn't you get your birth certificate if you think your mom got your birth time wrong if you wanted to ask people in here to put work into helping you find a good relocation? It should be an easy thing to call up the hospital or to order your BC online.

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:26 am

I did and they confirmed it. But maybe AstroCartoGraphy is not perfect. It doesn't reflect everything, like for example on my mom's side there's a family curse of sorts. The closer one is to the source of the curse (our native land), the stronger it is. Yet if you look at my ACG for our country no bad lines for me at all. People here love to put hexes and curses on others, I found a severed goat's leg thrown by our neighbors on our balcony (in a big city!). :lol:

Probably my last Solar returns are just bad. I wish I have one like the one I had back in 2013. Now that was an auspicious year.