My direct midpoints studied

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

My direct midpoints studied

Post by Arena » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:41 am

I have never really looked much into midpoints apart from when I see an angle right in between two planets close by. But I now saw Steve's instructions how to get a midpoint report from Solar Fire and decided to look at it for my chart. Here are the instructions he gave to sotoyne and then I have my own observations below:
I suggest you start exploring your ‘Direct’ Midpoints, particularly the ones involving your Natal lights and angles. First, you will need to purchase the book “Combinations of Stellar Influences” by Reinhold Ebertin. This book will help you see/feel other Natal Tones involving direct midpoints you in your Natal Chart. Second you will need to learn how to navigate your Solar Fire program in order to identify these Direct Midpoints. Here are some SF directions for navigating your Natal Midpoints:

1: Double left click your Natal Chart under ‘Calculated Charts.’
2: Then click on ‘Reports’ with the other options on right hand side of page.
3: Then scroll down and select ‘Midpoint Trees.’ This will give you a page for your entire Natal Midpoint Structure.
4: Under ‘Orb’ on right hand side of page type in 1,30. This is the orb Ebertin used in his Midpoint work.
5: Next, look at your midpoints with ‘d’ next to your natal midpoints. This identifies your Direct Natal Midpoints.
6: Next—identify your most important ‘Direct’ Midpoints involving your lights and angles. For example: Find the grouping’s of midpoints with “Sun” at the top of the groupings and note you have a Mars/Uranus=Sun 1,09 orb, and it has a ‘d’ besides this Mars/Uranus. You have now identified a most important Direct Midpoint ‘structure’ in your Natal Chart involving your Sun. Then you can take Ebertin’s book ‘Combination of Stellar Influences and read about the Natal “TONE” for Mars/Uranus = Sun.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: My direct midpoints studied

Post by Arena » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:56 am

There are a few interesting midpoints I spotted in my report that I actually had not really thought much of before. It also gives the nodes, but I will skip them here.

My ASC is a direct midpoint between the Moon and Mars and Moon and Mercury.
My MC is a direct midpoint between Mer-Sat and Sun-Ven

These midpoints are configured differently though. My ASC is actually in between the Moon and Mar-Mer, but the MC is on the opposite side of the zodiac to that midpoint, so don't know if I should count that.

Other midpoints are:
Ven/Uranus = Mars (between)
Moon/Sat = Nep (opposite)
Moon/Sun = Jup (opposite)

Then there is that T-square of Ven-Jup = Pluto

Not sure if I should count the midpoint from angles, such as Sat/ASC = Venus?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:57 am

Notice that the "opposite" midpoints are actually "conjunction" midpoints. Midpoints are an axis: Your Moon/Saturn midpoint is equally 9°04' Taurus and 9°04' Scorpio, and conjunction with either end is considered a direct midpoint.

FWIW, I had been gradually more disappointed with midpoints to angles over the years; then the discovery with ingresses that midpoints to angles worked mundanely but not ecliptically (i.e., worked in the framework that the angularity was measured to that angle) suddenly turned that around. I'm not quite ready to assert, but am quite ready to suggest, that midpoints to angles should be measured only mundanely. In that case, for your 11:40 PM birth time, those within 1° include:

A = Ma/Pl 20', Ur/Pl 49', Mo/Ve 56'
M = Su/Ve 34'

Midpoints involving a planet and an angle are more complex - somewhere on the forum, I've worked out my thoughts of the time, but can't say they're settled one way or the other. Since you've looked up the ecliptical ones, here is the sole mundane one for comparison:

Ur = Mo/As 55'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks Jim.
Notice that the "opposite" midpoints are actually "conjunction" midpoints. Midpoints are an axis: Your Moon/Saturn midpoint is equally 9°04' Taurus and 9°04' Scorpio, and conjunction with either end is considered a direct midpoint.
My thinking was a bit in the line of the in between midpoint possibly being more potent than the one on the opposite side.

It is just that my chart is so tremendously different in mundo than it is in ecliptic and I am still keeping in mind that it may be better described or necessarily described by the Z Analog Azi chart rather than orcombined with the PV chart.

I just did that midpoint report from the mundo chart in PV and I can see those midpoints are totally different from the ecliptic chart. I used the 1,30 orb and got a few more than you posted here.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:27 am

Just a few thoughts on those ecliptic midpoints.

I must say I find that Ven/Uranus = Mars quite interesting, mainly because it is not shown in other ways in my chart, ie by the aspects of those planets.

Ebertin says about this combo:
A great measure of excitability in love, a quick response to the stimuli of the senses, a suddenly active power of creation. - A sudden stepping up of the sex-life, procreation, birth (operation).
Hmmm... I guess I have to admit to all that as the guilty native of this aspect :) But I would also add that the excitability is connected to novelty (Uranus). Very excited in the start of each relationship, but maybe that is the case for every human being. The power of procreation was also kind of "sudden" or unplanned in each and every case except for the gifted egg cell which was planned and prepared for. Also had an operation on my ovaries because of an ectopic pregnancy.

The Moon/Sat = Nep is pretty much in line with the Sat-Nep angularity, so doesn't really add anything I think. It is descriptive of depression.

Moon/Sun = Jup is the opposite of the above. Ebertin says about this one:
Sound mental and emotional disposition, desire for joint endeavour, for expansion and possessions. - Happy relationship, joint success, marriage, shared happiness.
I guess it would have been great to have only that positive Moon/Sun = Jup and not the Moon/Sat = Nep to bring the down times. But I guess you could say I do have a desire for expansion and possessions in many different ways. That can also be explained by the natal Jup-Sat closest to angles.
Last edited by Arena on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:38 am

:) Certain Natal Midpoints are interesting to explore knowing certain things about our souls/life, only the native knows.