Scott Gilliam's Chart

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member
Scott Gilliam's Chart

Post by ScottG » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Name on forum: Scott Gilliam
Birth date: July, 22, 1964
Birth time: 12.51am
Birth place: Champaign, IL
Source: Birth Certificate

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Scott Gilliam's Chart

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Scott, sorry, I seem to have missed this when it came in. Give me a bit and I'll work up some starter notes for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:58 pm

These notes on your Sidereal Natal Horoscope are provided for your reference and study. They are not a full interpretation of your birth chart; rather, they are building blocks from which a full interpretation can be built.

Each factor listed below contributes to your character. These paragraphs commonly repeat or contradict each other. (We all have contradictions.) Knowing yourself is a life-long undertaking. I encourage you to read through these notes, feeling your way through the interweaving ideas and reflecting on what you know of yourself.

The paragraphs are brief. I have sought to pack in everything essential, to use a few words to imply much more. Not every phrase will apply, of course. Some will be more important than others; but the gist of each section should clearly reflect truth about you. Character is destiny. Who you are determines the life that is yours to unfold. “Know thyself” is the key.

ANGULAR PLANETS
Angular Neptune (0°41')

Sensitive, vulnerable, feels strongly (tunes into others deeply, not always accurately; feels exposed, over-response). Naturally absorbs & mirrors others’ traits. Sympathy, compassion, empathy (or emotional drama, insecurity, easily hooked, betrayed). Lives in own reality, tenacious with their viewpoint, impervious to logic, passionate about what uniquely frames their view (forges perception of the ACTUAL from their concept of the IDEAL). Favors complexity over simplicity. Dwells within the unknown, choosing mystery over revelation.

Angular Jupiter (Asc 3°49')
Positive, optimistic, oriented to the good & qualitative. Unusually lucky. Aspires to (enjoys) life of leisure & its perks (seeks to improve self & conditions). Generous, congenial, tolerant, good-humored, kind. Needs esteem & inclusion (usually well received; can be overly role-conscious). Responds to cultural totems, heritage, tradition, social graces, social & ceremonial rituals. Champion of justice & fair play.

Angular Sun (IC 3°56')
Warm, friendly, generous, shining their light on the world (often in a paternal, possibly controlling sense). Vital, assertive, confident (or acts it). Aware they have purpose (goal, destiny) they must seek, find, and actualize. At best: Is in charge of self & does well leading others (can be bossy, demanding, entitled). Needs centricity (attracts satellites; may expect others’ world to revolve around them). Drawn to proud, useful institutions. Instinct for immortality.
Sun square Jupiter (0°09' in mundo)
Generous, kind, warm, amiable, upbeat, tolerant. Visible self-confidence. Strong need for acceptance and friendship. A general dislike of problems (seems to float through life with amazingly little care for circumstances). Lucky: confident the universe will bail them out, problems usually resolve remarkably easily, but has a hard time persevering against real adversity when it finally strikes. (Extravagant, prodigal, loves leisure, overly reliant on luck.) Mind is philosophical or religious.

Sun square Neptune (3°16' in mundo)
Unrealistic self-view. Air of secrecy or mystery. Loves drama, music, fantasy, mysticism, surrealism. Active imagination. Can move & inspire others if they gain focus & perseverance. Sensitive to impressions; exaggerates the feeling tone of a time & place.

Jupiter square Neptune (3°07' in mundo)
Idealist, social idealist; dreams of “something better” (impressionable). Unreasoned optimism, faith. Generous (excessively? unwisely?). Compassionate, humanitarian, committed to the collective. Entertainment. Religious, spiritual, mystical interests. Impractical (unrealistic, fantasy) relationship to money (speculation).
MOON
Moon in Sagittarius

Higher & higher (ambition, spiritual aspiration, flight). Optimism (adapting with positivism). Courteous, gracious, natural hosts. Seeks to impress (needs validation, approval). Devoted to ideals & values (political; nationalistic, tribal; loves history). Dramatic (actors). Mercenary. Strong family ties.
Moon sextile Saturn (1°18')
Hardworking, self-driving. Encourages others. Usually emotionally reserved, private. Resistant to others’ rules & control (passive-aggressive response). Parent issues persist (nourishment-deprivation). Judgmental, intolerant, distrustful. Can be pessimistic, feeling inferior, anxious, depressed.
SUN
Sun in Cancer

Thrives within imagination & complexity (vision; or lost in fantasy). Lives in others’ shadow; finds purpose in service & emulation. Conceive & deliver results. Persuasive, trusted, instinct for motives. Live in mystery or its resolution: create or solve puzzles. Renewed by home or sanctuary. Sensitive, moody, self-absorbed.

MARS
Mars in Gemini

Bright, inquiring; forthright, decisive (strong opinions). Argumentative (debate, stirs conversation; eloquent?). Pragmatic (not idealistic). Methodical. Scientific mind hones facts, can commit mind to research (scientists). Gains strength from being heard; otherwise over-compensates. (May “know better than anyone else,” need to be right.) Substance abuse.
Venus conjunct Mars (1°51')
Passion (in all senses), feels powerfully about things. Strong sexual passions mature early, continue late, rarely encumbered by too many conditions. Broadly fun-loving, socially active, loves romance: interesting, likable, sociable, horny people. Relationships, often picked for ferocity, easily hit conflict, strain, or burnout.

Mercury sextile Mars (0°13')
Quite a charmer with wit & edgy humor. Mind is quick, creative, strategic, opinionated. Independent thinker, enjoys argument, critical, nervous. Vulnerability to addiction.
MERCURY
Mercury in Cancer

Mind strongly influenced by feelings (romantic, subjective, infused with imagination). Writing style leverages imagery. Edits, modifies, & embellishes ideas, polishing & rehashing. Planners, organizers. Gives insightful counsel.
Mercury square Jupiter (0°59')
Love of ideas and learning. Easy “way with words,” comfortable speaking, reassuring in speech and manner. Well-formed speech has marks of a good education (whether true or not). Good-tempered, kind; may seem shallower than they are. Optimistic, religious style of thinking, e.g., “gambler’s roll” (don’t disturb their “hope & vision” with contradictory facts!). Good business potential (perhaps from raw luck more than skill) and always looking for the next opportunity or lucky break. Poorly suited to fixed schedule or routine.

Mercury sextile Venus (0°13')
Gracious charmer, persuasive, sweet talker. Light-hearted, pleasant. Pleasure in learning. Probably a happy childhood; retains a playful, childlike sense, a charm of immaturity.
VENUS
Venus in Taurus

Gentle, kind. Feels intensely (moody). Lives in a romantic or fantasy world. Affectionate, devoted, desires tenderness, sympathetic. Eros dominates. Wants to enjoy love & all pleasure from its many forms. Devoted: friendship important. Indulgent, gratifies desires readily. Artistic, aesthetic. Graceful. Avoids harsh, vulgar, violent, painful.

OUTER PLANETS
Neptune sextile Pluto (2°36')

Open to shifting point of view, alternative perspectives, variant possibilities: Potential to forge a new worldview and enroll others. Uncertainty feeds desire for certainty, regarding things a certain way and not other.

Saturn opposite Uranus (3°57')
Autonomy firmly defended. Self-willed (acts out). Resists persuasion, makes decisions on own terms (cantankerous, obstinate). Hard to pigeon-hole, thinks and acts outside of stereotypes. Much of their life is about “holding it together” (some succeed, some don’t).

Uranus conjunct Pluto (4°34')
Feels unbound by precedent, custom, or authority: will challenge or forcibly reject them. Pushes for alternatives or new ways. Physically restless, impatient (often frustrated, angry). In youth, often seem without direction (this resolves as they find their center of gravity).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Mercury Gold
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by Mercury Gold » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 am

Hello dear members, I'm new here.
I'd like to read ScottG's chart the sidereal way.
Campanus / Fagan-Bradley
ScottG's major planets are Jupiter, the Sun and Neptune,
since these three are angular.
In my opinion, Jupiter strong means a strong belief system. These people might be intelligent or religiously educated. He also has Venus angular in the house of the body, the first house. This can mean a strong belief system, or political drive. (In my opinion)
Lastly, I want to comment on Neptune in the sixth house-location. Neptune means distractions, sometimes.
Neptune in seventh could mean distractions in partnerships.
Just my opinion

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:17 am

Mercury Gold wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:08 am
Hello dear members, I'm new here.
I'd like to read ScottG's chart the sidereal way.
Campanus / Fagan-Bradley
Welcome to Solunars. If you really want to read this chart "the sidereal way" (specifically the Fagan-Bradley way), your first step would be to drop all the house references, which is the majority of your comment.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Thank you for the Chart Jim! I am just reading it now. Very interesting and right on.
Scott

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:01 pm

What does 'in mundo'' signify?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:22 pm

ScottG wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:01 pm
What does 'in mundo'' signify?
It means the aspect is calculated mundanely rather than ecliptically. Most aspects are calculated along the ecliptic (the basis of the zodiac), but they also exist along other measuring circles (in this case, the prime vertical). It's an unfortunately technical subject - unfortunate because it is really quite important in astrology. You might want to grab a free digital copy of my book Sidereal Mundane Astrology and read the chapter on the Mundoscope, if you have further curiosity.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Thank you,

I tried to download Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 15 but it said 'this item might not exist or is no longer available' when I clicked the link (to Onedrive).

Very interesting info on my Chart. It is interesting to see how these various aspects and interpretations interact and how it mirrors my own experience/knowledge of myself! I must say that I feel very fortunate to have such a well balanced Chart in that I have intellectual, sharp scientific thinking skills, along with imaginative emotional poetic sensibilties and the ability to communicate both! I'm looking forward to the class.

Scott

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:41 pm

Seems like my work as a Depth/Jungian Psychotherapist is well suited for my imaginative manner of thinking and writing, and the good counsel I can give (as indicated in your interpretation of my chart! :D

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:55 pm

Jung was also a Cancer.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:04 am

A score for Sidereal Astrology! Now I am the same sign as Jung :D I was looking through a Tropical Lens until now.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:14 am

We're on version 16 of SMA now, so it makes sense the old versions wouldn't download.

Go here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2779#p20527
It's the post that's pinned at the top of that section of the site.

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 am

Thank you! Works like a charm.

ScottG
Satellite Member
Satellite Member

Post by ScottG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:58 pm
These notes on your Sidereal Natal Horoscope are provided for your reference and study. They are not a full interpretation of your birth chart; rather, they are building blocks from which a full interpretation can be built.

Jupiter square Neptune (3°07' in mundo)
Idealist, social idealist; dreams of “something better” (impressionable). Unreasoned optimism, faith. Generous (excessively? unwisely?). Compassionate, humanitarian, committed to the collective. Entertainment. Religious, spiritual, mystical interests. Impractical (unrealistic, fantasy) relationship to money (speculation).

My Jupiter is Opposite Neptune rather than Square. Is the interpretation the same in Sidereal Astrology?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:01 am

ScottG wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 am
My Jupiter is Opposite Neptune rather than Square. Is the interpretation the same in Sidereal Astrology?
Yes, no difference. Sorry for the typo.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:48 am

Scott, happy birthday! I hope all is going well for you and Julie.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com