Robin van Dien

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Robin van Dien

Robin van Dien

Post by Robin van Dien » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:55 pm

Name on forum: Robin van Dien
Birth date: 29 April 2000
Birth time: 02:27 AM
Birth place: Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Residence: Cory, NC
Source: Birth Certificate

[Administrator's note: Post content was deleted by the user and the husks removed by the administrator]
Last edited by Robin van Dien on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member
Re: Robin van Dien

Post by Parto » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Cool Aries stellium.

The Sun-Jupiter and Mars-Uranus aspects are quite wide, far from being the most important features of your chart (though valid). The Sun's angularity is wide too, though there is that interesting partile Moon-Sun sextile.

Maybe some things are different mundanely (I can't check at the moment). That might be the case with the Mars-Neptune.

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Parto » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm

You indeed have a 9º39' Mars-Neptune trine ecliptically (i.e., the way aspects are normally calculated), or rather, you don't have a Mars-Neptune aspect ecliptically for all intents and purposes, since that orb is extremely wide. If Jim (I assume), as you said, told you that you have a Mars-Neptune square, it most likely exists mundanely. Astro.com doesn't offer in mundo charts or calculations.

Angularity is also measured mundanely. Exception: squares to Ascendant (within 3º) and Midheaven (within 2º) are contacts with other angles. So we can be sure that your Sun is angular, though somewhat widely as the maximum orb for that is 3º.

Angles don't take aspects other than the conjunction. Depending on the context, oppositions and squares to angles are conjunctions with other angles. So, the other squares you mention are far too wide to count. Mars, Uranus, and Neptune are probably angular, but it has to be measured mundanely.

We'll have to wait for the man.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:55 pm
2000 April 29, 2:27 AM PST (Pacific Time Zone), 37.354107 N, 121.955238 W.
Santa Clara, right? OK, let's start over.
I plugged in the same data into astro.com, and I noticed an angular sun as well as a Mars-Uranus and a Sun-Jupiter aspect. However, I remember last time I posted here, all three were missing.
Sun is in wide square to Asc. It counts, but (depending on the relative strength of everything else) might or might not be worth mentioning. In any case, there will be strong solar traits from your Aries Sun.

All planets are in aspect to all other planets at all times. Your Mars-Uranus square is over 6° wide, which is not usually going to be seen unless there are almost no other aspects in the chart. However, since Mars and Uranus are are moderate-to-wide foreground, your temperament has Mars + Uranus traits in it. Similarly, your Sun-Jupiter conjunction is over 6° wide: Sure, it "exists," but the question is whether it is worth mentioning in the highlights of your chart, i.e., whether it is one of your defining characteristics.

You see, aspects aren't binary. They don't switch on and off. They are of gradient strength. The closest ones are strongest, the wider ones weaker. They are like multiple voices in a choir: While listening to the choir, we want to know the few voices that shine through as a way of seeing how the whole song sounds.
In fact, I remember you stating that my Mars squared Neptune, but on astro.com, it shows up as a trine. Yes, I even did make sure that the house system was campanus and the ayanamsa was Fagan-Bradley. Who is correct?
It depends on how you set it. With Mars-Neptune it's that the aspect isn't measured in the ecliptic. The 9°40' trine isn't worth counting by any measurement. However, as in mundo - along the prime vertical - they are 2°39' from square. Another way to put this that you can see on the face of the chart: Measured mundanely, Mars is 6°18' past IC, Neptune is 3°39' past Asc, so they are 2°39' from square. Mundane squares measured this way are as important as ecliptic squares.
Also, what are the major themes in my chart?
I'll write up a summary in the next comment.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:06 pm

Overall, you are an ARIES with an AQUARIAN style, costumed as a CAPRICORN.
ANGULAR PLANETS & FOREGROUND PLANETS
Mars square Neptune (2°39' mundo)
Zealous enthusiasm for interests and convictions. Supercharged imagination and emotion, thrives in conditions of stirred passion. Requires rapid conformity of reality to his wants (usually gets it). Surges into temptation, impatient with frustrated gratification, yet often with great stamina for long-term vision. Obsessive, concentrated (high IQ), with enormous psychic power to fascinate and move minds and reality in a thriving life of high drama. Can compel an almost religious following as if by pure will (can be manipulative). Dramatic aggressions: Frustration triggers unresolved anger patterns. Sexually magnetic yet wrestles with sexual demons and doubts. (This aspect is most comprehensively expressed by high dopamine levels and dopamine-driven behavior.)

Sun square Neptune (2°49')
Love of drama, music, fantasy, mysticism, general surrealism. Active imagination. Nurtures an air of secrecy or mystery. Potential to move and inspire others if they acquire focus and perseverance. Sensitive to ambient impressions; exaggerates the “feeling tone” of a time and place. Self-view is unrealistic or disproportionate (excessively poor or grand).
Neptune on Ascendant (3°39')
Lives in own reality, tenacious with their viewpoint, impervious to logic, passionate about what uniquely frames their view. Sensitive, vulnerable, feels strongly (tunes into others deeply, not always accurately; feels exposed, over-response). Naturally absorbs and mirrors others’ traits. Sympathy, compassion, empathy (or emotional drama, insecurity, easily hooked, betrayed). Favors complexity over simplicity.

Uranus on Ascendant (5°33')
Strongly individualistic, independent, going their own way. Needs freedom and breathing room (physical, intellectual) and frequent renewal (through new interests and experiences, shedding inhibitions, shaking loose stale conditions). Responds strongly to the new, unexpected, stimulating, exciting.

Mars on Antimeridian (6°18')
Independent, determined, persevering, self-willed. Aggressive, challenging, needs to win (combative, quarrelsome). On the go, needs to burn energy, impulsive (strong and untiring when young). Courage (physical and moral: forthright, outspoken, argumentative). Dominates, commands. Business leadership, competitive excellence. Strong sexual drives need frequent satisfaction.
SUN in ARIES
Contradictory, contrary, oppositional, capricious. Seeks liberty, resists definition or limits. Practical, resourceful, active, impatient. Imperial, political, needs power. Poor empathy. Resents criticism. Vulnerable ego. Direct, bold with opinions. Romantically aggressive. Faithful, strong family sense.

MOON in AQUARIUS
Diverse interests with an instinct for breadth and the interconnection of things. Intellectually rebellious, curious, investigative, futuristic. Science, analysis, discovery. Free spirit + social responsibility. Sexually curious; strange marital conditions. Humane: sympathetic to others’ troubles. Social idealist, reformer. Avoids “herd mind.” Occultists. Space, astronomy, astrology, sci fi.
Moon sextile Sun (0°48')
Energetic, vital, involved. Naturally rises toward leadership, comfortable with power (self-exaltation). Psychic vitality, intense desire in whatever they undertake. Sexual desires strong, often narcissistic.

Moon square Pluto (3°49')
Bold, forthright, challenging. Maverick and alien. Independent, resists authority. Avoids habitual conformity and conventional conditioning. Restless, can uproot or take to the road on little notice. Deeply inquiring into existential mysteries.
MARS in TAURUS
Artists, musicians. Tender, responsive, humane. Mystic instincts attuned to love. Sexually attractive, romantic soul, sensual (sexually popular). Men often second-guess themselves, perhaps a little lost, ambivalent about aggression.

MERCURY in ARIES
Forthright, verbally and intellectually bold, independent thought, opinionated, with strong force of conviction. Prefers frankness over diplomacy. Slow to retreat. Boldly states views to persuade (orators). Analytical, utilitarian, practical, common sense. Impatient, excessive nervous irritation, restless.
Mercury conjunct Venus (0°36')
Gracious expression, charmer, persuasive, maybe a “sweet talker.” Light-hearted, pleasant. Delights in learning (learns easily). Probably a happy childhood; retains a playful, childlike sense, a charm of immaturity.

Mercury octile Pluto (1°06')
Atypical thinking, not beholden to convention. Investigative, thinks deeply about things. Mind may ride the edge of normalcy (may slip off): enthusiasm, excitability, possible burnout. Challenging, confrontational (alienates?), impatient (irritable, easily frustrated). Instinct for abstractions.
VENUS in ARIES
Quick to arouse passions: affection fires easily. Warm, affectionate, friendly. Pragmatic outlook on love, romance, and sex: Weighs practical considerations before emotional. Expect total focus of companion’s attention. Rarely outwardly affectionate (especially in public). Naturally take on leadership roles.
Venus octile Pluto (0°30')
“All or nothing” emotional intensity instinctively rejects arbitrary values on love and sex. Seeks deep connection, often challenging social codes. (Does not “play it safe” in relationships.) Few intimates typically. Sexual development may come late (adolescent social rituals are perplexing).
OUTER PLANET ASPECTS
Saturn square Uranus (1°35')
Well-developed autonomy, firmly defended; self-willed (acting out). Resists persuasion: navigates life and makes decisions on own terms (cantankerous obstinacy but not necessarily confrontational about it). Hard to pigeon-hole, thinks and acts outside of stereotypes. Need to “find their own word” and give it voice. Much of their life is about “holding it together” (some succeed, some don’t).

Jupiter conjunct Saturn (3°11')
Practical, sensible. Responsible, conscientious, patient; effective survivors. Hard work (earning one’s place) brings best rewards. Balances gain and loss: what can be won from losing, what it costs to win (politics, finance). Attuned to tradition; cornerstones of their circles. Orthodoxies draw their allegiance or opposition.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:11 pm

As for occupation, can you start by telling us your interests, your work experience, what you're trained for, how you feel about what you've done and been trained for, etc. - something to get us started on how to match your character and aptitudes with your interests.

The basic elements probably are these:

Aries Sun, Aquarius Moon: You do better in a position of command, or at least with a great deal of autonomy where you can find your own working path and apply initiative. You do work well on your own, you can follow or lead but don't particularly "play well with others" side-by-side.

Foreground Mars (+ Aries Sun): The kind of occupation that raises the blood pressure. For example, among eminent figures studied, Mars is near an angle for athletes, people who have cutting as part of their job (doctors), business executives, etc. Areas of aggression, drive, competitiveness.

Uranus & Neptune angular (+ Aquarius Moon): It has to be weird, not fit the normal path. Something that, either through art or science (depending on your passions) seems to be novel and outside the norm.

I'll add that Mars in Taurus is often strong in the arts and there are some other indications of work in artistic fields, although that doesn't typically play well with the competitiveness, drive, and almost mercenary spirit.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:15 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:11 pm
I checked astro.com again, as well as all the aspects. Mars-Neptune, it still says trine. I remember Mr. Eshelman listed my angular planets as Neptune and Uranus, but they seem wider than my angular Sun and even Jupiter.

Here are all my angular planets in order: (according to astro.com)

Sun square Ascendant (3°)
Mars opposite Midheaven (3°)
Jupiter square Ascendant (4°)
Neptune conjunct Ascendant (5°)
Saturn square Ascendant (7°)
Moon square Midheaven (8°)
Uranus conjunct Ascendant (9°)
Uranus square Midheaven (10°)
For squares to the angles (which are really other, minor angles in their own right), we never go beyond 3° and usually want it within 2°.

For conjunction with the major angles - horizon and meridian - we'll go 10° measured along the prime vertical, but prefer within 7° and get really interested if within 3°.

Measured along the prime vertical, you have Neptune 3°39' above Asc, Uranus 5°33' below Asc, Mars 6°18;' past IC. Additionally, Sun squares Asc (i.e., is on the Nadir) within 2°41' (which is in the "wide and getting weak" zone).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:24 am
Also another thing I wanted to add is that I am the type of guy who does not like to toot his horn about things. I sometimes like publicity, but hate bragging about my achievements because I don't like sounding desperate and vain.
That makes sense, especially considering your youth. Besides it being a sensible approach, there is the Aries trait of not wanting to be caught exposed or otherwise at a disadvantage.
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:49 am
Also, another thing I would like to add. I noticed that throughout the 2010s, I sort of felt a weird Neptunian energy. When I stayed in Charlotte for a year (2018-2019), the Neptune aspect was at its nadir. Is there any explanation for this?
Charlotte, NC? There's no particular emphasis of Neptune on your chart there. (I'm interpreting "at its nadir" to mean the effect backed off, right? You weren't making an astronomical reference.) Your 2018 Solar Return (covering spring 18 to spring '19) was a quite dynamic and positive chart for Charlotte with a 0°23' Moon-Sun opposition across the horizon and both natal and transiting Jupiter square MC, so it should have felt strong, eventful, positive, prospering - I'm not sure how this is un-Neptunian it is a greater feeling of confidence.

Besides that, I'm not sure why that period - apparently you mean 2010-2017? - would have been unusually Neptunian. Can you explain what you mean by "Neptunian"? These were the years of puberty and early adolescence, so it's not at all unusual to feel lost or confused about identity and direction regardless of astrological factors. (Later in the decade, Neptune transited your angles.)
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am
Also, I am quite surprised about how Pluto, Sun and Neptune do not have that much of an influence on my chart as much as Mars and Uranus do. Especially when I have an Aries stellium and a strongly angular Neptune according to your summary.
Neptune has a lot - one of your stronger planets. I'm not sure where you got the idea it wasn't strong. In the notes above, it is one of the three foreground planets I highlighted, with Mars square Neptune (mundanely) being the strongest single factor in your chart, and the Class 1 ecliptical Sun-Neptune square being your only other foreground aspect.

You are correct that you have a lot of Plutonian influence because of the Aries Sun etc. - it's part of the mix - but Pluto itself isn't all that strong (it does have a Class 2 square to Moon, which gives it some voice). I'm curious why you singled that out to ask about.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:39 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pm
...I have been interested in a science known as decadeology which does not really have a practical use to it. It is basically an unofficial science which involves categorising periods of time into different blocks.
This seems to be a subfield within the study of history. Do you have any other interest in the study of history, either for academic purposes, to teach or write, etc.? Perhaps most importantly, what is it that attracts you to this? What need in you does this fill?
Also, during high school, I was obsessed with living the life of a film star because of the glamour. I was fascinated with how obnoxious and controversial film stars were as well as how they could easily influence the masses. I was also of course fascinated with their command over the fair sex. However, I was only attracted to the entertainment industry just for fame, not because I actually loved acting.
This seems a typical, common adolescent fantasy and I think you've rightly assessed the points in your wishes that it touched. (Superficial expression of Aries Sun includes wanted to get away with being obnoxious and controversial, wanting to dazzle others with your importance, being a sexual lodestone, etc.) Across the decades, Aries men emerged as leading sex symbols of their times in the "silent rugged individual" sense, with some striking examples being Rudolph Valentino, Gary Cooper, George Clooney, and Daniel Day Lewis.
I just started working a month ago, and all I am doing at the moment is generating reports, but something tells me that this will not be my permanent career.
I agree: That won't suit you in the long run. It might expose you to opportunities, though.
Also, I find it fascinating that I have been described as sexually magnetic and so and so. Because throughout my youth, I was constantly described as a soft, timid, aimless gawk. Even now, I am still timid, and I am not really a leader. I am very laidback and aggressive is probably the last word anyone would use to describe me.
I think this is youth. Aries-Aquarius can be socially awkward early in life. Your Venus is background and debilited, so wouldn't rise to make it easier. I think this will sort out by the time you're 30. Also, were you to live in New England it might draw this out of you more and sooner. - Regarding aggression, an Aries with an angular Mars surely has a lot of natural aggression but the Sun-Neptune and Mars-Neptune squares can add insecurities and doubts that have to be worked through. Confidence (arising from life-experience, a victory or two under your belt, and increased self-understanding) will ease these.
Actually, I also wanted to know another thing. How would you describe my chart in three words. Just like how you described Aries as "contrary", "libertarian" and "imperial", how would you describe my chart.
That's actually one of the hardest things to do. I've sometimes spent several hours coming up with those three words. There's an old joke (true, but a joke) about the fellow who was approached at a convention and asked if he could come lecture to a group. He asked how long they wanted him to talk. The punch line is that he said if they want him to talk ten minutes, he'd need six months to prepare; if they wanted 20-30 minutes, he'd need three months to prepare; but if they wanted him to talk an hour or two, he could start talking immediately.
Last but not least, you said my temparement is Mars + Uranus. Does that mean I am an Aries with a Scorpionic touch? Or in other words, an Aries with a martian-uranian touch?
I wouldn't put it that way; and Mars and Uranus are only two of your strong factors. I didn't mean to single those out as your most important planets in any sense. You asked about a Mars-Uranus aspect, I said you didn't have one, and then meant to add that, well, you're martial and you're uranian so, yeah, you could seem to come across like a blend of those in some sense.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:57 am

You strike me as quite demanding and trying to pin things down like absolute truth locked in concrete as if it's a promise. Considering that I'm a Virgo, I'm not used to people being significantly more "try to pin the fact down exactly right" than me, so it's a noticeable trait. Reality is flexible, malleable, and the language we use about it shifts and evolves easily.

Come to think of it, that's what I notice most in this: the language element. I'll use a couple of words in broadly or metaphorically and then they come back from you like they were stamped in metal and absolutely literal. This seems strange to me: Yes, Aries tends to deal with the here-and-now, right in front of their physical senses, but the relative strength of Uranus and Neptune would make me think you're more used to malleable reality, while other things in your chart have at least a bit of artistic temperament.

Anyway, that's just the impression I got from some of the posts above and by the one quoted below. It may not be you, it may just be me waking up this morning.
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 am
Also, about the planet influence part, I do distinctively remember you telling me about how you would have said Neptune was my strongest planet. But the Aries stellium and the Aquarius moon instead made it the third strongest after Mars (the strongest) and Uranus (the second strongest). And I do remember saying Pluto was the fourth strongest and not really that influential. Do you still stand by this?
I'm not inclined to be hard-edged about lining them up, strongest to weakest. Factors having the strongest voices in your character would be taken from the following set: Your angular planets are Mars, Uranus, and Neptune (I'm not listing them by priority) and, weakly, Sun. Your Sun-sign is of the nature of Sun and Pluto (and one can say Mars, either in its own sense or because it is anti-Venus). Your Moon sign is Uranian (and anti-solar). Sun squares foreground Neptune closely, Moon squares Pluto moderately and in the middleground. So that's a lot of Mars, Uranus, and Neptune (perhaps Mars most of all, but it also has to intermingle all that Neptune), with lesser amounts of Sun and Pluto.

From what you quoted above I was probably leaning on Aries + angular Mars and Aquarius + angular Uranus, then tossed in the comparably angular Neptune next - perhaps I missed the close Sun-Neptune square - then added Pluto as the "left-over" strong planet. Some of this is judgment call in the moment. But it's not a contest of which one "wins" or the others (Mr. Aries with an angular Mars LOL!). It's a question of how you are building and negotiating your personality to give comparable (more or less equal), interactive voice to your power needs, needs for freedom and renewal, need to forge your own reality, and a lesser-but-important need for authenticity.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:17 am

There's also the point that unless you are at your birthplace, you may have other planets that are also angular. It would help to know where you are now, and where you were on your last birthday, if that's not the same place.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:36 am

Speaking of which...

I hadn't looked at any 'forecasting' stuff for you, and just noticed there are really loud current influences.

Specifically, transiting Saturn is sitting exactly on your Ascendant. It will spend a lot of the summer there. Saturn and Uranus are square in space, so transiting Uranus is square your Ascendant. These are both really big transits that don't particularly agree with each other. I suggest you go to the Transits section of the forum and read about transiting Saturn conjunct Ascendant and transiting Uranus square Ascendant.

Next year, transiting Pluto will square your Mercury and Venus: I suggest you read about these now (you may already feel the building trends).

Approximately July 1, the Mars-Saturn opposition in space falls right across your horizon, a rough transit. Take some precautions as that time approaches, be a bit more compassionate, just be mindful that there are hard energies centering on and in you for a few days. - Then, later in July (a week or more either side of July 22), transiting Jupiter squares your MC, quite a positive, healing, possibly even prospering or opportunity time (especially since Saturn will have backed off for a while).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:39 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:55 pm
Here's my birth data.

2000 April 29, 2:27 AM PST (Pacific Time Zone), 37.354107 N, 121.955238 W.

I plugged in the same data into astro.com, and I noticed an angular sun as well as a Mars-Uranus and a Sun-Jupiter aspect. However, I remember last time I posted here, all three were missing. In fact, I remember you stating that my Mars squared Neptune, but on astro.com, it shows up as a trine. Yes, I even did make sure that the house system was campanus and the ayanamsa was Fagan-Bradley. Who is correct?

Also, what are the major themes in my chart? Like what occupations do you think would be the perfect fit for me? And also, will I be a true blue success?
Hi Robin,

It seems as if all your other questions were answered, and I hope that when you read them, and hear them that you find that the answer to this one question you asked is a resounding YES, because you are a true blue success right now at this moment, and dont ever let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

Moon Pluto aspects are hard, as well as Sun Neptune because that means that the people in your peer groups and age will most likely have that aspect with you, and it can be very hard an alienating and a million failures. I know because I grew up with them too.

I applaud you for looking outside the box for the answers you seek. Looking within and understanding yourself is hard to do, but well worth it.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:50 am
Also, I noticed that since November 2019, my sexual preferences suddenly shifted from fetishizing women to feminine men. Is there an explanation for this?
I don't think it useful to concern yourself with labels (if that's part of what you're doing) - it's not necessarily useful at any point in life, and surely less useful at age 21. Aquarius Moon is known for being sexually curious and exploring, not locked at all into conventional ideas of relationship, etc. It's not pointedly homo-erotic (I'm not sure it's pointedly anything, although the traditional observation of often large age difference in relationships seems to hold up), but it instinctively feels and thinks without paying much attention to society's boundaries for such things.

The interesting question is what happened in November 2019 - something shifted in you. The only transit was Saturn square your local Ascendant (if you were in or near Cary), which would be most impactful if there were a disappointment, something stopping or blocking you, etc. (Doesn't feel, at the moment, like it's relevant.) Your progressions included a Mercury-Mars conjunction, which is interesting for that period but doesn't seem relevant to a change in your sexual fantasy life. One interesting progression occurred a year to year and a half earlier - p Sun conj. r Mars - which could indeed have been a sudden identification with male, phallic ideas (intensification of alignment with male energies), but that seems to early. It would also have been a year to a year and a half earlier that progressed Venus squared your Uranus - often a time of sexual experimentation, transgressing your own previous boundaries or definitions, etc. - but, again, that was too early.

Your Solar Return in 2019 did put your natal Mars and Neptune right on the angles, to uncovering phallicism + fantasy in your psyche isn't a stretch for that year - though so many other things could emerge from it. This natal pair is the clearest thing in the 2019 solar return, making it a significant theme of the year (perhaps in multiple ways).

Your November 8, 2019 lunar return for Cary had Pluto rising squared by Mars and Sun at MC. These seems more an actual explosive phallic interaction than mere fantasy - at least something powerful, explosive or demanding strong release of energy, etc. It's not that super-close to the angles and it may not be the only time you had this pair on SLR angles, but Mars-Pluto plus Sun are the main features of the four weeks beginning November 5 or 6. Your Jupiter was on IC opposed by Sun, so whatever event this describes seems positive and rewarding.

So... my best conclusion about the time is that you may have uncovered something about yourself or may simply have had a burst of "think and feel outside the usual boundaries" igniting your natural sexual curiosity. The biggest shifts in your sexual psyche actually seem anchored a year or two earlier. Something powerful and perhaps (one would first think) actual and physical occurred that was a catalyst for a "psychological event." (Was this the "late 2019" accident and kicked out of school you mentioned later?)
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:02 am
I have been really bitter.
Saturn has been transiting your Ascendant.

However, how have things been since your last birthday? Your solar return for Cary has Jupiter more angular than any other transiting planet. This is fighting the Saturn on your Asc but one would expect some significant advantages unfolding.
Also, what do you think are the best places or cities for me to live in besides America? And about New England, where specifically? Boston?
Here is a map of where your Venus (green) and Mercury (yellow) rise. [Copy it off, then I'll come back and delete it.] Close contact would be within 50-60 miles of the line, weaker but discernible contact within 150-175 miles. I'd recommend the Venus line for greatest happiness. Boston is quite close with Mercury 0°04' from Asc, Venus 0°32' from Asc, Sun 3°39' on the other side.

As far as the rest of the world, you probably want to focus on Venus lines since your Jupiter is conjunct Saturn - but we might find a place or two where your Jupiter and Uranus are highlighted together and your Saturn less strong. Let's see...

Mercury-Venus on MC in western Europe - Finland, running due south not far from the longitudes of Minsk and Bucharest, then down through Africa (trace it on a map). Mercury-Venus on IC through Alaska (Homer gets the Mercury exactly, Venus more west of there). They rise down through South America, from Venezuela to Uruguay. They set through Borneo, then right through Taipei, then (gulp) exactly through Pyongyang. (Want to study Chairman Kim up close? <g>)

Baghdad is actually quite good - Jupiter right through it, Saturn farther east (mostly in Iran), while Baghdad has Uranus not far away, mundane square Jupiter. Other areas I have for those planets don't fit together well.
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:35 am
Last but not least, I have noticed that I am also careful than I usually am. Could this be due to the Saturn transit?
Probably.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:11 pm
Also about the cities, my top picks are Worcester and Montpelier in USA.
Montpelier is exactly on the Venus line (0°08' orb) with Mercury nearly as close and Sun nearby. You even get a shade of Jupiter (barely, about 8°) but not Saturn. That whole region is roughly the same but, as you can see on the map, Montpelier is exactly on the mark.

Worcester is the same - Venus 0°02', Mercury nearly as close, everything I said above. Astrologically indistinguishable by angularity.

You pick up several mundane aspects in Worcester and Montpelier, of which the most interesting is Neptune square Pluto and the other two of note are Mars conjunct Saturn and Jupiter conjunct Saturn (closer than you have it ecliptically). These could vary from trouble and conflict to simply productive hard work - and the Neptune-Pluto could be damn interesting. I think the Venus angularity is close enough to overwhelm outright negativity.
In Europe, my top picks are London, Edinburgh, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Bern, Zurich, Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm.
Mostly, there is nothing distinctive about western Europe except you do have Venus and Mercury square Ascendant on a curve from Edinburgh to off Italy's west coast. Edinburgh is perfectly on the line (Venus sq. Asc 0°01')! The German cities are completely non-distinctive. Stockholm, though, is near Jupiter square Ascendant (1°02'). However, Helsinki is near a Saturn line, not a good pick.

You do get two harsh mundane aspects added in Edinburgh: Moon squares Mars (0°40') and Saturn (2°44'). This is in addition to Saturn conjunct Mars and Jupiter as ion New England. Stockholm is free of all of those mundane aspects - a clean slate.
In the Indian subcontinent, I was thinking Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and Lahore.
You have very little happening there except on the western edge, and it's not necessarily comfortable. Primarily, you have Pluto lines, with one going right through Mumbai. There's nothing inherently wrong with Pluto but, unless there is a benefic with it (such as I have in LA), most people find Pluto lines uncomfortable at best.

BTW I also notice that you have a far greater tolerance (or even affection) for cold than I have. Despite their cultures, there isn't one of those New England or Europe places I'd consider living unless I had no reasonable choice in the matter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:16 pm
By the way, what do you think of Amsterdam and Copenhagen? Did you lump them together with the German cities?
Nothing much happening there except in Copenhagen your Neptune (as part of your Sun-Neptune square) is highlighted. I wouldn't pick that spot unless you were going specifically to submerge yourself in a Sun-Neptune life (e.g., musical or other artistic direction that was already trained and developed so you didn't have to worry about it).
Also, what do you have to make of my sexual history. Any interesting findings? Also, when can I expect another dramatic shift in life? Can be good or bad.
Nothing different than I said above.

Another dramatic shift in life? I did mention your Pluto transits to Mercury-Venus that might already be felt and which will be in full flair next year. That's a good start.
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:17 pm
Also, will my sexual preferences keep changing as I age?
Sure. Doesn't everybody's?

But if you specifically mean the issue of whether you prefer men, women, both, composite, whatever... you're an explorer in that area, with more open-mindedness and curiosity than most people. You're probably easily bored. I suspect you will continue to explore possibilities in this as in other areas of life. In the short run, Pluto's transit to your Venus next year is typical for sexual and relationship matters being rewritten in significant ways.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Here's something you may find cool and interesting. What is now the brightest celestial object ever seen on Earth - described as "the brightest light since the big bang" - reached Earth January 14, 2019. It isn't bright in visible light but in gamma rays: It's a Gamma Ray Burst named GRB 190114C, unleashed by a distant galaxy seven billion light-years away (meaning it happened seven billion years ago).

On January 14 2019 it impacted Earth - and it has the same right ascension as your Mars. When you were born, your Mars and the location of this GRB crossed MC within 0°01' of each other, and have done so every day of your life (for anywhere on Earth) ever since.

What does this mean? Nobody knows. But I wouldn't be surprised if it triggered intense, high-impact experiences and a sense of something awakening about the time it hit.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:40 pm
I see. Well, thank you Mr. Eshelman for your help and I apologize for how I treated you last year. If I was more appreciative of other's geniuses, I probably would not react that way. That being said, can you unblock me. I believe you had me permanently banned around 26 September 2020. I usually access this site through a proxy.
What's blocked? An IP address? If so, I may not be able to unblock. (The part of management that lets us remove IP blocks is broken, I'll have to one day replace the forum software with a rebuild or new version to fix that.)

But you've been getting through fine, right? If I find a way (like directly editing the SQL database), exactly which IP address to you want unblocked? (It wouldn't be attached to your name.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:44 pm
Also, I am very surprised at how patient and tolerant you were with me. If it was me, I would have probably given up doing this in the second post itself.
Almost everyone is more patient than an Aries :lol: :twisted: 8-)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:54 pm
I see. I will just wait till the forum software is replaced. If not that, I can always use outside computers.
In any case, you would have to tell me what IP address(es) to stop blocking.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:18 pm
Also, one thing I am curious about. Are there any famous historical figures, fictional characters or countries that have a similar horoscope like me?
That's a broad question: What does "horoscope like me" mean? How wide are we going?

You have the same Sun-Moon pair as Leonardo da Vinci, who also had an angular Neptune. How's that?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:28 pm
Simular angular planets, simular sun-moon pairs. And da Vinci? Interesting. Anyone else?
Probably thousands across time. You do realize, though (don't you?) that answering this question would require two or three hours of searching, work, and analysis? I just happened to remember da Vinci because I wrote an article about him once.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:30 pm
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Doesn't the ip address change over time though?
Found it in the database. Try now.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm

You may have to give it some time, I suppose. In any case, that IP is no longer in the block branch of the database.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:15 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm
Also, another thing I wanted to know is about the polarity. When I am interacting with Virgos like you, does my Neptune polarity play against your Mercury? I remember reading about how you had a friend who seemed very mystic and out of touch with reality to you. But when she was with other people of similar leanings, she seemed to be the voice of reason among them.

Can this happen with me too?
Of course it can. Whether that happens routinely is another matter. I think the two biggest dynamics in yours and my chart is, first, that we share an Aquarius Moon, which gives sympatico, and, second, that your Sun is 0°19' from opposite my Saturn, so your native instinct is that I'm dull, stupid, or an impediment whose weaknesses you need to drill down and find and then do the universe a favor by eliminating me.

That aside... Sure, if you deal with people who are relying heavily on reason, your most unreasoning side is going to stand in sharp contrast (especially since your Mercury is background, not highlighted by luminaries, etc.).
Even with other signs, do I seem like a typical Aries or can I sometimes seem very Neptunian or Uranian depending on who I am talking to?
Aries is just one part of you - an important part, but just one part. I suppose on first impression people react either to what they see most like themselves or most unlike - until there is time to get to know the person more thoroughly. This instinct for likeness and unalikeness is one of the most deeply ingrained, genetically preserved foundations of human behavior from a time when it was truly a foundation of safety for family and community.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:57 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:35 pm
Oh, I see. And what are my background planets again? Mercury and Venus right? So to a venereal person, I seem a bit too rough.
Mercury, Venus, Jupiter.

Middleground Moon, Saturn, Pluto.

Yes, to a Venus person your Mars would likely to really evident; or, even more so, to a Libra Sun your Aries would seem a polar extreme.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Your Sun is 0°19' from opposite my Saturn, so your native instinct is that I'm dull, stupid, or an impediment whose weaknesses you need to drill down and find and then do the universe a favor by eliminating me.
LOL

I wonder how this dynamic plays out with both Sun and Saturn being within the same chart!? 😆

Robin, re how a Venusian perceives you: you come across as very non-aware of others in reciprocal manner, and self-focused, through what I can see from the communication here (I haven’t calculated and looked into your chart yet, have read this thread in whole).
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:22 pm
...I sometimes thought that you were biased... Why biased? I noticed how much you praised Aquarius moons as opposed to other moon signs lol. :D
I admit to having plagiarized others' opinions on that :)

As Manilius wrote:
The Good, the Pious, and the Just are born
When first Aquarius pours out his Urn.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Parto » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Hub Moons in general are some of the best people one can come across IMO. (Except perhaps Scorpio.) It's probably the single greatest quadruplicity + luminary pairing. Make the most out of it.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:35 pm

My Sun is in Aries , Moon in Leo.
I gave you a Venusian-angle feedback, as you asked about - or seemed to be asking at least.

The way you’ve been inquiring about your chart, as if Jim is not an actual other human being, with their life and work and everything as it is, but some kind of answering-machine that exists *solely* for responding to your *personal* attention needs - portrays lack of awareness of others in manner that enables one to authentically Communicate.

I am not interested in wasting energy on competitive interaction, responding to this in a loving manner and am hoping this is how you’ll receive it.

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Parto » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:55 pm

I notice there aren't strong elements of sociality in the chart, especially compared to the very strong antisocial elements.

To bring up the Aquarius Moon again, even though it's also one of the antisocial elements for the most part, the themes of interconnection, social responsibility, and humanity in it are probably worth your attention. (I wonder if your favoring the solar end of the Moon-Sun axis makes it harder to tap into that.)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:02 pm
Danica wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Robin, re how a Venusian perceives you:
Just curious, aren't you an Aries. R u just speaking for a Venusian person?
Dani is an Aries, but where she is now has put Venus on her IC (and Jupiter conj Uranus on the MC, and Moon on the Dsc.) She's got both Aries, so she understands you, and Venus, so she can speak to how a Venus-oriented person sees you.

She's not trying to one-up you or put you down or anything of the sort. She's trying to give you information you asked for. And she's uniquely qualified to do so.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm
Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:02 pm
Danica wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Robin, re how a Venusian perceives you:
Just curious, aren't you an Aries. R u just speaking for a Venusian person?
Dani is an Aries, but where she is now has put Venus on her IC (and Jupiter conj Uranus on the MC, and Moon on the Dsc.)
My Mars is on MC here in LA!
(Culver City presently)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:27 pm

You should move to Mobile Al.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:10 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:41 pm
Once I obsess about something, I forget everything. My apologies to you sir, if I shoved this all down your throat. Nevertheless, I can atleast proudly say that I know myself a lot better now, and it's only thanks to the genius, Mr. Jim Eshelman, who clearly displays how to apply the free-thinking Uranian spirit in today's conformist times.
This is kind of you. - BTW, while your Aries is driven and impulsive and the Aquarius Moon can be a little obsessive, the main indicator of the trait (just as you described it) is that Mars-Neptune mundane square. I barely touched on that in the brief interpretive paragraph for Mars-Neptune above, but it does include more general mention of the same trait set:
Zealous enthusiasm for interests and convictions... thrives in conditions of stirred passion. Requires rapid conformity of reality to his wants... impatient with frustrated gratification... Obsessive, concentrated...

You might benefit from reading a wider discussion of Mars-Neptune aspects than this summary. Here's the link to the full page on this site for the aspect: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=182#p1230

The Garth Allen quotes on that page may be of particular interest.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 pm

I did answer that above (I think twice): Late this year and most of next year, Pluto squares your natal Venus. I gave some details on this further up the thread IIRC.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Robin van Dien wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 pm
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 pm
I did answer that above (I think twice): Late this year and most of next year, Pluto squares your natal Venus. I gave some details on this further up the thread IIRC.
I forgot about it lol, because this thread is so long. Can you let me know when exactly will I be expecting it? Any specific date? Also, will it be with a man or woman?
remember, I'm not giving you dates for romance, I'm giving you dates for the effects of Pluto's transit to your Venus. Pease read about the full range of its meanings in the Transits section.

The most important period of this transit is the time from when it first becomes partile until it last is partile. During this almost two-year period it will be moving you through a series of experiences that will make (probably permanent) changes - evolutions - in your experience. This period is February 2022 through December 2023, with particular focus on March and June 2022 and January, September, and November 2023.

However, this aspect can operate two years before and after that time - for shorter periods of time - if it falls on the angles of a lunar or demi-lunar return (new charts for every two weeks). You should monitor these anyway - they are the primary predictive tool - and if this aspect falls closely conjunct angles of one of these charts, it will be temporarily operative even if several degrees wider than the partile (1°) orb I gave you.

As for who it will be with... that's up to you, right? (I do recommend that you read the interpretation of transiting Pluto to natal Venus and the concurrent Pluto transit to natal Mercury in the Transits section of the forum.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Parto » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:27 pm

You can check your transits with Astro.com. Look around the options, there are a few ways of going about it. The most straightforward one is by displaying a chart (your natal chart, in this case) and clicking the blue button "+ with transits" above the chart. Then, for ease of visualization, click "PDF Additional tables" to the left, and scroll down to the bottom of the file.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:57 am

Hi Robin,

What I did to help me watch my transits and better understand the actual motion/speed/time of the planets was to print out the years Emphemeris from astro.com, making sure its Sidereal. It was only like 5 pages I think and I printed it at the company called Staples.

Then I got my colored highlighters, one color for each planet and with a copy of my natal chart next to me I went through column by column noting/highlighting in the planets column the degree when a planet was conjunct/ opposite or square an aspect in my chart.

I go through each column for the whole year like that and it makes a very quick visual guide and it helps me understand time better by grounding me in knowing for example that Venus whips around my chart once a year, touching on things, but Mars takes almost 2 years to touch everything, and Jupiter takes 11ish, and so on.

There was something about seeing the raw data printed out in table form that helped me understand the cyclic nature of life and how things come and go around and around.

I dont know if this would be helpful for you and your personal learning style but it helped me.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:08 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:19 am
Also, I wanted to let you know another thing. I easily get bored. It is usually hard for me to stay concentrated on one person. There are times when I obsess over one person for weeks, sometimes even months, but what happens is I immediately forget about them and move on to someone else to crush on. Is there any remedy to this?
First... as a kindness to yourself... take some time to consider whether this needs a "remedy." If this (or some part of this, or some variation of this) is simply who you are, then in the long run you'll be happier owning your own nature and being honest with others about it.

But... it sounds like you're saying that something in this makes you unhappy. The obsessiveness, of course, can be a problem - probably the most uncomfortable part of what you listed. But being easily bored is just another way of saying you want variety, new things, change. There's nothing wrong with that. Do you consider yourself someone who wants to settle down / settle in with one person for the rest of your life? Or do you see yourself more of a free agent with less committed relationships?

This could change in an instant of you met someone you loved enough. But you're 21 years old - there is no rush - explore and have adventures if that's what you want to do. There's nothing wrong with that and, in fact, I'd say there's a lot that's right about.

Your chart isn't strong on capacity intimacy except to the extent that all humans have a non-trivial amount of capacity for intimacy. Your strong Neptune adds sensitivity, which (like other traits) is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on context. For example, it gives capacity to feel what others are feeling on the one hand, or feels like uncomfortable levels of vulnerability in threatening conditions. (You may also thrive on the feeling of threat and even physical danger. That's one of many ways the endorphin-dependent Mars-Neptune combination can manifest.)

Your Venus is background, in the sign of its detriment, and exactly conjunct Mercury and octile Pluto. None of this reflects intimacy. (Mercury conjunct Venus is a great aspect, but it isn't particularly deep or intimate.) Your luminary signs aren't known for intimacy, especially the Aries Sun. It would be natural for you not to surrender yourself to others. Venus-Pluto wants high-impact Venus experiences and, most of the time, wants these to be profoundly intimate (hence the Venus-Pluto descriptor, "go cosmic, or just go home"), but that wouldn't be true in a chart that is biased away from intimacy and surrender.

I think this will work itself out over the years - that it's only a problem if it's a problem to you. The obsessiveness may well be a problem to you because, really, it means you're out of control of your circumstances. But whether you stay with one person or have a different path is all OK if it fits you and is true to you. If you decide you want to "concentrate on one person" (as you put it above), they key will be in the persistent depth of emotional connection.

In any case, 2022 and 2023 will bring very significant rewriting of this side of your life. You can't really anticipate (except in broad terms) what this will be, because the nature of those events will be to bring things currently outside your ken, to blow away and recontextualize what's currently so, to give you a door that you step through with no option to back out - it's a "no looking back" redefinition.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:37 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:06 pm
Saturn square Uranus (1°35')
Well-developed autonomy, firmly defended; self-willed (acting out). Resists persuasion: navigates life and makes decisions on own terms (cantankerous obstinacy but not necessarily confrontational about it). Hard to pigeon-hole, thinks and acts outside of stereotypes. Need to “find their own word” and give it voice. Much of their life is about “holding it together” (some succeed, some don’t).
One thing I was always curious about. How does the Saturn square Uranus aspect play out in my chart? Does it limit me from being expressive? Also, how much effect do the outer planet aspects have on my overall chart?
For decades, I echoed the conventional wisdom that outer planet aspects weren't important in a natal chart because they didn't distinguish you from the many people you grew up around who shared it (e.g., most of those with whom you went to school).

Then, a few years ago, I gave this a fresh look and realized that these are every bit as strong as other aspects of the same type, closeness, etc. For example, your 1°35' Saturn-Uranus square with Uranus foreground and Saturn middleground is as strong as any other 1°35' square with one planet foreground and the other middleground. It just isn't personal in the same way that aspects involving an inner planet would be.

This is quite a strong aspect. I don't understand your question, "How does the Saturn square Uranus aspect play out in my chart?" since, immediately above it, you quoted my summary of the aspect. In general, I would expect your character to express exactly what I wrote above (especially since that's all pretty consistent with the rest of your chart). I don't now that anyone has "well-developed autonomy" before Saturn has made one orbit during their life (i.e., by age 30), but do you agree that autonomy is a big deal, important issue to you, that you firmly defend the autonomy you've established, are self-willed and perhaps acting out, resist persuasion, navigate life and make decisions on your own terms, are hard to pigeon-hole as you try to slip out from under labels and categories by thinking and acting outside of stereotypes?

Of the two, your Uranus is stronger, being foreground (and ruling your Moon-sign), but the form that Uranus will take will be consistent with the Saturn-Uranus aspect (a particular side of Uranus, consistent with core Uranus traits). Your Saturn is middleground and in its fall - not especially well placed - but well aspected by its aspects with two benefics so, overall, in pretty good shape. (The worst thing about you Saturn is that it is in right ascension conjunction with the star Algol. They cross MC and IC within 0°03' of each other. This probably means, for the most part, that you have seen petrifying personal demons to confront and these will come to the fore under major transits to your Saturn.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:20 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 am
I will give you an example. I hated yoga initially when I started it in October 2019. Why? Back then I was more into body building and other testosterone filled activities such as intense marathons. And I also grew up thinking yoga was a "feminine" thing. I even resented it for a long time, as I thought it was responsible for my sudden shift in sexual preferences that time. Now, of course, it is different as I have come to embrace it. Nevertheless, I still tend to view the world through stereotypical male-female divisions, though it is not as bad as two to four years ago. Anyways, doesn't this deviate from the stereotypical Uranian influence? I remember asking someone on this forum about this, and she said it is probably due to my Saturn square Uranus aspect. What do you think?
I'm not sure where you see a conflict or problem here. You've described yourself as not wanting to fall into socially popular trends, rolls, habits, and labels. How does that differ from "the stereotypical Uranian influence"?
Robin van Dien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:41 am
Also, is the Saturn still sitting exactly on my ascendant? For some reason, since Friday, I have been feeling more upbeat than usual.
Saturn is still quite close to your Ascendant. However, Friday you had a Demi-Lunar return with both natal and transiting Venus foreground. This chart is the main influence for you for about two weeks beginning last Friday. (There's more to it than what I mentioned, but I mentioned the part that is relevant to your question.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:36 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:20 am
I'm not sure where you see a conflict or problem here. You've described yourself as not wanting to fall into socially popular trends, rolls, habits, and labels. How does that differ from "the stereotypical Uranian influence"?
Well, basically, I am trying to understand why I was super traditional in the past. Also, are one's luminary traits noticeable from childhood or does one have to wait till they become a full-fledged adult (mid twenties)?
One's luminary traits are present from childhood - Moon-sign earlier than Sun-sign - and then they deepen (lie everything else about one) as one matures.

I thin traditional-untraditional might be the wrong polarity. It's like when astrologers used to as me how Justice Scalia and other staunch conservatives could be Uranian since they were as far as can be from liberal: The answer is that it's not about liberal or conservative but, rather, it was that he was very much his own man.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:50 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:44 am
I understood that. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I often felt a strong need to fit in the crowd inspite of my Uranian influence especially during my formative years. Do you think that this is due to the Saturn square Uranus or Neptune?
That's not a typical effect (maybe of Neptune angular in some sense; but even that doesn't trigger this exact behavior).

I think feeling a strong need to fit into the crowd is something most people feel during their formative years.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Parto
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by Parto » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:11 pm

I agree with the last statement, but if I were to try to find something related to that: perhaps the Mercury-Venus conjunction could manifest as "compensatory agreeableness."

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Parto wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:11 pm
I agree with the last statement, but if I were to try to find something related to that: perhaps the Mercury-Venus conjunction could manifest as "compensatory agreeableness."
Maybe. That IS the primary Venus expression of the chart.

However, I haven't noticed Mercury-Venus types with "a strong need to fit into the crowd." They can certainly navigate such a scene well enough with their easy conversation etc., but I'm not sure about that strong a need. While Venus makes Mercury gracious, Mercury tends to neuter Venus.

I'm not sure we need an astrological expression for this but, were I do pursue one, I'm more likely to go with Robin's idea about Neptune, though it would be an unusual expression. Or the wide Sun-Jupiter conjunction (as a social need that, with time, wouldn't be that strong of a feature of the personality.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Ah, so it was really just Aries being Aries :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 am

Robin, your proclivity of a sexual preference toward "feminine men" is clearly seen with the Direct Midpoint in your Natal with Venus/Pluto = Uranus, using the delineations (tones) from Reinhold Ebertin's book "The Combinations of Stellar Influences."

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:15 am

Robin asked:
Also is the Venus-Pluto aspect dynamic by any chance? After all, it's only an octile.
It is a partile aspect and Jim teaches:
Partile Aspects Reign Supreme
From Ebertin's book on the "Principle" of Venus-Pluto tones:
Fanatic love, desire for sensual pleasure, lasciviousness.
When it come to any kind of love you want to look at the natal structures of your natal Venus, including midpoint structures according to the German Schools of Astrology. You were born with a partile 90 of Venus-Node, and you have a direct midpoint of Venus/Node = Pluto, a very important midpoint according to the German School of Midpoints.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:40 am

Robin van Dien wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 am
SteveS wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 am
Robin, your proclivity of a sexual preference toward "feminine men" is clearly seen with the Direct Midpoint in your Natal with Venus/Pluto = Uranus, using the delineations (tones) from Reinhold Ebertin's book "The Combinations of Stellar Influences."
Oh I see. Also is the Venus-Pluto aspect dynamic by any chance? After all, it's only an octile.
Yes, octiles are dynamic aspects. They are derived from successive halving of the opposition. This Venus-Pluto, aspect is part of the pattern that frames your sexuality - Uranus at their midpoint adds another layer. Mars/Jupiter, for lusty, enthusiastic physicality and 'manliness' is on the same axis. This one aspect interacts with other chart features to build the more complex pattern.

Understand, though, that none of these "causes" either homosexuality or your more common tastes. Decades ago it was easy to say (from chart samples and statistical work) that Venus and/or Mars aspects with Uranus and/or Pluto was basic to the charts of homosexuals - but that's when the social climate was dramatically different, especially with regard to acceptance etc. The real meaning of those aspects was that people were willing to demand (by their actions) freedom (Uranus) and authenticity (Pluto), were willing to challenge social norms and live large blocks of their lives outside the box of acceptability. Venus-Uranus might as well have simply meant "sexual variety" in the pre-AIDS, mostly underground and backstreets gay sex scene. Almost everywhere in the country, Mars-Pluto might as well have been interpreted in its other common terms of "criminal" - which was literally true. In my interpretation notes for your Venus-Pluto aspect I encoded all this in the few words, "often challenging social values."
Robin van Dien wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:42 am
Another thing I wanted to let you guys know. I have had another erotic explosion again literally since late Friday. Never been this easy to get an erection. Is the transiting Venus the main reason for this?
Your choice of the word "explosion" paints a very different picture than one would normally attribute to Venus. However, I mentioned that there was a lot more to your Demi-Lunar than I had mentioned (there just wasn't any reason to go over it then). Part of that "lot more" is Pluto on IC square your Venus. (I told you previously that this would pop up on angles of your lunar returns occasionally en route to becoming exact next year.) Something else in the Demi-SLR is that the planet Eris is precisely on Descendant, though we don't know enough about Eris for me to say with confidence what this might mean.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com