amorfati

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
amorfati

Post by amorfati » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am

According to my birth certificate, I was born on April 3, 2001, 7:30 PM, Chennai, India.

Hi, I was not particularly interested in these things until very recently. The superstitious, or rather, curious part of my psyche made way after months of psychedelic use. Not only that, but of course there was a level of self interest that propelled me into discovering more about Natal Astrology. I was dumbfounded when I learned that there was tropical and sidereal, and that was only yesterday. I had discovered that I was a Sun in Pisces in sidereal and reading that made much more sense than what I originally had read prior to that on random occasions. Reading the first few points that you made really resonated with me in a weird ego-inflating way. Not that this is bad, if anything it's better than the other readings that I had looked for because those readings were interpreted in an odd "accepting" way rather than reaffirming way if that makes sense. Furthermore, I'm here because a friend referred me to this forum and told me quite a bit about the exalted Jim Eshelman. I am curious to know what he thinks about all this as I am sure his knowledge in this is far superior. I am currently studying in University for Computer Science and plan on graduating in about 3 or so years. I am also very much interested in Philosophy and I read often.

I am also interested in my background, middle ground, and foreground planets along with the main themes (and possible careers?) in my chart as I don't know how to read it myself. Curious to see what you think.

Thanks in advance,
your dear friend amorfati

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: amorfati

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am

amorfati wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am
According to my birth certificate, I was born on April 3, 2001, 7:30 PM, Chennai, India.
Welcome to Solunars. To make sure I'm going down the right track: Chennai is the same as Madras, yes?
I am also interested in my background, middle ground, and foreground planets along with the main themes (and possible careers?) in my chart as I don't know how to read it myself. Curious to see what you think.
I will work up a short summary when I have a little free time. What I see at first glance is that you have a Pisces Sun and Cancer Moon with their strongest connection being that both trine Pluto (a 'Grand Trine'). More later.

You have Neptune foreground, which strengthens the Pisces traits even further. (It is positively aspected, drawing a "best expression.") Your background planets are Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars. The rest are middleground.

Do you still live at your birthplace?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by amorfati » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:35 am

Hi, thank you for the speedy reply.

1) Yes, it's Madras.

2) I don't live there anymore. I'm currently in NC. I immigrated to East coast United States back in 2007 and I am a citizen. I'm still in America.

3) I also heard that you were interested in some sort of Philosophy and that really interests me. I am currently reading a few books, but what I'm currently interested in/spending most of my reading time in is the Corpus Hermeticum. I've been watching Theoria Apophasis and have been interested in his translation of the Emerald Tablet but there are ways to go before I dive into that.

Your dear friend,
amorfati
Last edited by amorfati on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by amorfati » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:36 am

I am approximately at 35.8235° N, 78.8256° W if you were wondering

amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by amorfati » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Also to add on to what I originally said, I have had issues regarding my formal education. When I was in India (for the first 7ish years of my life), I had no issues with school and educations. I'd have all O's (outstanding, 97+%). But once I moved to America, that was when I had struggled. I was never interested in how schools operated here and it bothered the hell out of me because I would not study and I would do fairly average on most of my tests/exams/quizzes but never any homework. I am assuming it is partially due to some issue regarding my attention/attention span. I cannot physically help it. I have been trying to self-medicate, but that can only help so much. I've been in community college since late 2018 and I could've graduated by now but I failed multiple classes and I had to take them multiple times and even after doing that, I only got C's. I know I'm intelligent and I can absorb information fast but for some reason, being subjected to this sort of academic experiences feels degrading. I despise the way things are taught in school. I am very keen on self learning and I have learned much better when I do my own research and I even absorb more than what I am taught when whatever I am interested in collides with something regarding my academics. I was wondering if you had any insight on why this is the case, well not why but rather how. I would just like to figure out the best method of taming myself in order to become what I am meant to be to the fullest degree if that makes sense.

Also, any book recommendations are certainly appreciated! My Goodreads is https://www.goodreads.com/ani7

Thanks in advance Jim,
amorfati

amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by amorfati » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Another thing to add, (I'm sorry for multiple posts instead of adding it all to the original) is that I feel way too self aware of my being. I feel as though I am the observer but reaching more and more outward. What I mean by this is that recently I've been feeling detached even from the observer. I feel as though I am observing the observer observing another observer [..] observing my actions/thoughts. I am not sure how many layers there are to this, but I don't want to classify this as depersonalization or something else because it is certainly not debilitating. If anything, it helps me think better.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this.

Your dear friend,
amorfati

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:27 am

I won't be able to get to this for several days - we're in a full trial here at work at the moment. I thought I could do my usual summary in 20 minutes or so, but now there are many different questions stretched across multiple posts. (Yes, I wish you hadn't done that because now I'll have to combine them and sort through them. It will take me at least a couple of hours extra to compile a list of exactly what you want to know and your priorities for them.)

Most importantly, since you only gave longitude and latitude of your current residence, I'll now have to work backwards with maps to find what the city is. There goes another half hour. So - this isn't to make you feel bad, just to show you that the way you've presented this has guaranteed it will take me most of a day concentrating only on your posts to answer this - I may not be able to do it for a week or two.

I can't even start until I have the name of the city where you live. (Especially on the issue Henrik is pushing on, since that depends not on your natal chart but on factors that changed when you moved.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:31 am

To start on making it easier, I'll convert the coordinates you gave to degrees, minutes, and seconds, which is what I'll need: 35N49'24'', 78W49'32''. I'll come back and use this as a search when I get the chance.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

amorfati
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by amorfati » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:31 am
To start on making it easier, I'll convert the coordinates you gave to degrees, minutes, and seconds, which is what I'll need: 35N49'24'', 78W49'32''. I'll come back and use this as a search when I get the chance.
My bad, I thought coordinates would help more for some reason. It's Morrisville, NC. Take your time mate, I don't mind waiting. Thank you for helping.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:40 am

Thanks. 38N49'24", 78W48'33". - BTW, your assumption was right in theory except, using current software, it's better to put the whole city name in and the program adjust time zone as well as geographical spot - this avoids some stupid math errors that can be made if one does this all in one's head.

Just at a quick glance, it's a remarkable part of the world for you to live - really excellent in most ways. Back to it when I have the chance.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Amorfati, I wanted to get at least a beginning response to you this weekend. I haven't had time to sort through your questions, but here is the initial work that would be needed to dig into them anyway - basic notes on your natal charts. This isn't a fully integrated reading, just a summary of the most important factors, things that we would expect to have a strong voice in your character regardless of other considerations. There are contradictions - we all have these within us - and you've likely lived your life in some fashion that has given them all a place in the mix.

ANGULAR PLANETS
Neptune on Antimeridian (8°08')
Sensitive, vulnerable, feels strongly (tunes into others deeply, not always accurately; feels exposed, over-response). Naturally absorbs and mirrors others’ traits. Sympathy, compassion, empathy (or emotional drama, insecurity, easily hooked, betrayed). Lives in own reality, tenacious with their viewpoint, impervious to logic, passionate about what uniquely frames their view. Favors complexity over simplicity. Dwells within the unknown, choosing mystery over revelation.

Moon opposite Neptune (3°36')
Sensitive, empathic: can be deeply understanding, sympathetic; also, psychically vulnerable, easily wounded, fearing rejection. Self-defense through avoidance, closing senses, withdrawing, introversion (worry, moodiness). Drawn to the imaginative and surrealistic.

SUN in PISCES
Drawn to the foreign, exotic, wondrous, theatrical, mysterious, glamorous. Wanderlust. Drama, acting, music. Eros vs. moralism. Socially charming. Visionary, romantic, dreamer. Seeks idealistic relationships. Hardened personal reality, stuck patterns. Slavery-bondage. Fickle allegiance, betrayal.

Sun trine Pluto (1°20')
“Law unto themselves.” No respect for arbitrary expectations. Antiauthoritarian, needs to be free from arbitrary, incompetent control. Comfortable as outsider; often seems aloof, unresponsive, but rarely harsh. Usually kind, “live and let live.”

Moon trine Sun (1°53')
Energetic, vital, involved. Naturally rises toward leadership, comfortable with power (possible self-exaltation). Psychic vitality, intense desire in whatever he undertakes. Sexual desires strong, often narcissistic. Inclined to service.

Sun octile Saturn (0°49')
Effective survivors, self-sufficient, diligent, accomplishing. Few luxuries; prefers private, modest accommodations. Authority issues to overcome (paternal). Serious, yet good sense of humor! Childhood hardships common, circumstances force early maturation.

MOON in CANCER
Feelings close to surface, comfortably expressed (sometimes overwhelm). When safe: tender, openly sensitive; otherwise cocky arrogance, moody. Generous, hospitable, loves easily, draws affection. Sympathetic listener (trusted). Exudes optimism, outward confidence. Thrives within imagination. Expressive actor (treasures privacy). Conscientious shepherd.

Moon octile Mercury (1°38')
Intellect fused with emotion (especially subconscious patterns): Astute, intuitive, strategic, cagey. Personality led by intellect and nervous system. Easily absorbs knowledge. Under duress, “reasonableness” competes with reactive emotion.

MARS in SCORPIO
Determined, hardworking, fervent desire to succeed, hard to intimidate. Sharp humor, willing to be outlandish. Loves to party. Most prefer some “bad boy/girl” in their character, feel it their moral duty to misbehave on schedule, and stay “a little rough around the edges.” Most of the women are high-demand sexual locomotives.

Mars sextile Uranus (2°01')
Uncompromisingly individualist. Bold, distinctive characters. Brutally honest, takes risks, challenges accepted ideas (actions may challenge the world to try to stop them). Always into something new, often offbeat. Resourceful (quick astute assessment of situations), shows initiative. Sexually uninhibited, enthusiastic. Trusts own instincts more than outside advice.

MERCURY in PISCES
Subjective mind: Reason and illogic at war. Attracted to the unfamiliar and vague, to mysterious, irrational things. Unusual sensitivity (psychic); highly responsive to impressions. “Soaks up” learning. Imagination, artistic sense. Enthusiasm: dives into the fray, power of persuasion. Inattentive, careless, misjudging.

Mercury sextile Saturn (2°42')
Orderly, able thinkers. Methodical, logical, routinized thought (rigid, stubborn). Skeptical, scrutinizing, distrustful. Hesitant until oriented, then decisive. Much mental power, but easily discouraged (doubting). Treats life seriously (needs play).

VENUS in PISCES
Fantasy relationships. Tender, vulnerable, exploring mystery of another. Wants “true friend” who will not betray. Charmers. Weave endearing images, tend to get their way. Seducible, suggestible, easily enticed. Fond of strong erotic imagery and sensory stimuli. Passions easily aroused, torrential. Mystic; God connection. Receptive to beauty. Artistic interests. Can be unreasoning, led by instinct (a few are plain crazy).

Venus sextile Jupiter (1°15')
Friendly, giving, hospitable, popular. Desires positive attention and appreciation (usually gets it). At home in comfort. Unusual luck opens doors. Inclined to indulgence or extravagance. A little “spoiled.”

Venus sextile Neptune (1°35')
Idealistic, idyllic, loves to be enchanted. Usually comfortably happy, gently romantic, passive. Naive about people in romance but reads people easily when not personally involved. Good-hearted, ingratiating, devoted, humanitarian.

OUTER PLANET ASPECTS
Jupiter trine Neptune (0°20')
Idealist (social idealist), dreams of “something better” (impressionable; wants worthy idols). Optimism, faith (hungers for “too good to be true”). Generous (unwisely?). Compassionate, humanitarian, collective-minded. Strategically effective within a “big picture.” Religious, spiritual, mystical interests. Impractical (unrealistic, fantasy) relationship to money.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:23 am

Amfortati, happy 21st birthday! (I hope you're still receiving notices of this thread and will see this.)

If you are still in Morrisville, you should have a pleasant and interesting new year with natal Venus (and a bit of natal Sun) on an angle plus a close Moon-Uranus conjunction.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com