Son wants to move

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Son wants to move

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:09 am

Hi Jim,

Am just curious, my son is considering leaving the Hague where he lives.
He is thinking of relocating somewhere near Arnhem, more central in the country.

He is born with Saturn unaspected and in the background.
The Hague gives him an angular Saturn
I understood it would not be ideal to move and live under a Saturn line but in his case wouldn't it be good to stay here or move to another Saturn line town as he could use some Saturn?
Thank you Jim. Regards, Flo

dob Feb 15 1992 1:18AM Amsterdam, Netherlands 52N21' 4E51'

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Son wants to move

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:11 am

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:09 am
I understood it would not be ideal to move and live under a Saturn line but in his case wouldn't it be good to stay here or move to another Saturn line town as he could use some Saturn?
You make a good point: Moving to where you can incorporate a planetary energy can be useful, even if it's just for a short time. In the same way that I built a measure of Saturn into myself by my first two mates being strongly Saturnian - and then eventually didn't need that from them anymore - one could use relocation the same way.

The mental trap is to think of the move as being necessarily permanent. A Saturn line would be very hard for someone who permanently lived under. But, for a short time - such as a few years - having tough experiences and strong demands can toughen one up.

Natally, his Saturn is background, though just at the edge of a 3° orb of square Ascendant (probably depending on what part of Amsterdam one uses). It's in Capricorn, background, with no aspects I'd count. Saturn has several direct midpoints that might be worth exploring.

Amsterdam is 52N22, 4E54. The Hague, where he currently lives, is 52N06, 4E18, already has Saturn slightly closer to Nadir, the square to Asc being 2°46' (his Pluto, Mercury, and even Sun still being much stronger). Arnhem is more of a shift, at 51N59, 5E55 with Saturn entirely away from angles.

I think with a Saturn line the point is not to live there very long. I don't know how long he's lived there. Live can hammer some strength and reality into someone in a shorter time, but too much hammering for two long can have the reverse effect.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Re: Son wants to move

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Thank you Jim.
This is very helpful.
He completed his High School in the Hague and went away to Uni to the North in Groningen (he found it depressing there) and after completion he came back again to The Hague to live with a group of friends when he started working.
Now he has had enough here :) and likes to either live in Arnhem or 's-Hertogenbosch, the latter is really a beautiful town. Both towns have Saturn away from the angle.
It is as if he knows Sidereal astrology instinctively well. :D
Regards, Flo