Uranus and Magick

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Uranus and Magick

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Just wanted more clarity and discussion on this. Discovering recently the roll of Uranus in my chart and my deep lncilation to anything relate to magick (from tarot to vudon).
I was wondering too there are any examples of famous people with this association. Especially because Neptune and Pluto too are sometimes associated with magick and the occult.

I've always had the imagery of a crystal ball associated with Uranus for some reason or another. I guess the topic of divination [which is where my speciality lies] I've always associated with Uranus. The ability to sense the strings that attach everything in the cosmos and be able to rationally tell how things interact because of these ties is a good way to view divination.

For example, not saying that I saw it coming, but I saw Trump being elected coming. If he doesnt serve s second term I'd be surprised as well.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Uranus and Magick

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:05 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:51 pm
I was wondering too there are any examples of famous people with this association.
What association, exactly?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:17 am

Association with magick. For example does Marie Laveau have a strong Uranus in her chart (I know that this specific one we may not he able to answer).

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 am

Off the top of my head, Aleister Crowley had an angular Sun which was closely (maybe to the degree) trine-sextile an exact Saturn-Uranus opposition.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:45 am

Another good chart to check. That's rather intresting in any case.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:51 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:45 am
Another good chart to check. That's rather intresting in any case.
His ego was strong and anchored on seeming uniquely bad.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:57 am

I think that Uranus-Sun is why Jupiter comes out more in the Sun/Jupiter side of my own chart.

My ego is uniquely entropic at this point in time I guess would be the closest thing I can thing of.

Does anything Uranus show up in charts of people like Anton LaVey?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:08 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:57 am
Does anything Uranus show up in charts of people like Anton LaVey?
I don't think I have Tony' birth data, although he always struck me as more Plutonian (but also a fairly jovial guy in person).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:16 am

That's unique. I think when I meet people in person Pluto and Uranus hit the first depending on my environment/situation.

As for Uranus and disrupting I had a situation happen yesterday morning where because of me labeling the AM classes smoked Turkey as "Sadness" as a joke (I'm in the PM class) their chef blew up at mine. He ran to the lockeroom where my chef was changing at 6 in the morning and yelled at him when my chef was standing there still just in his underwear.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:06 am

Tony was primarily an entertainer. Magic was his schtick. He was a Pisces-Cancer, which portrays his being fundamentally an actor.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by benji » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:47 pm

Quote Soft Alpaca: Just wanted more clarity and discussion on this. Discovering recently the roll of Uranus in my chart and my deep lncilation to anything relate to magick (from tarot to vudon).
I was wondering too there are any examples of famous people with this association. Especially because Neptune and Pluto too are sometimes associated with magick and the occult.

I've always had the imagery of a crystal ball associated with Uranus for some reason or another. I guess the topic of divination [which is where my speciality lies] I've always associated with Uranus. The ability to sense the strings that attach everything in the cosmos and be able to rationally tell how things interact because of these ties is a good way to view divination.

For example, not saying that I saw it coming, but I saw Trump being elected coming. If he doesn’t serve s second term I'd be surprised as well
Copied from Solunars SUN-URANUS
Go their own way, unapologetically following their own paths & persuaded that they’re a “special case.” Resourceful, stimulating, but easily bored (in need of frequent stimulation). Love of freedom: bow to no authority but themselves. Progressive, future-oriented, uninhibited by convention. Adept at creative problem solving. Self-perspective usually founded in objectivity.

Notebook #93 observations: (CONJUNCTION-OPPOSITION-SQUARE) Independently resourceful, usually without the cantankerous and other negative side of those traits.
(TRINE-SEXTILE) Deeply interested in magick.
Soft Alpaca, I have a tight Sun-Uranus trine in my natal chart. Reflecting on my life, I would say that I lived it in a way that is Futuristic more than anything else. Magick, is just another tool, like Microsoft Office and my Apple Phone (with the watch).

Another example, when I think of Uranus in my chart, is that I am a huge “Dune” fan. I am going to probably take some vacations days this November, to be one of the first people to see it.
So, in my opinion, Uranus is Futuristic. Any technology, that is on the cutting edge, old or new catches my attention.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:15 pm

benji wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:47 pm

Another example, when I think of Uranus in my chart, is that I am a huge “Dune” fan. I am going to probably take some vacations days this November, to be one of the first people to see it.
:o Please, do say more! (Isn't release date Dec 2020 ?)
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by benji » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Aha! Yes. Thank you, Danica.

Dune was originally scheduled for Nov. 20, 2020 but has been pushed back to Dec. 18, 2020. I miss typed it. I am hoping that it becomes a new Cinematic Universe at least till the book God-Emperor of Dune.

The reviews look promising.

Denis Villeneuve is the director and writer. He was born in 1967, in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada.
He started his career as a filmmaker at the National Film Board of Canada.
He is best known for his feature films
Arrival (2016)
Sicario (2015)
Prisoners (2013)
Enemy (2013)
and Incendies (2010).

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Got it!

To loop back into the topic: Frank Herbert, the author of The Dune saga, had an 12' wide Moon-Uranus opp, w Moon in Leo and Ur in Aqu., and this connected by trine/sextile with Mercury, 2*35' from their MP (Virgo Sun).
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:48 pm

I wouldn't say that I see Uranus as purely futuristic myself. I think I see people so deeply interwoven with the universe that time for them is just a labeled lense that many people choose to see through, instead of a true reality.

For me the magick I was referring to myself in the topic isn't "just a tool", but I think for some people things like Microsoft office are more than a tool as well.

Thinking of my own mother, brother, and sister for example, (my mother and sister having Uranus moons. Me my mom and brother having Uranus sun, and my brother having th additional Uranus Mars) many of us arent hands on people searching for tools. But more so are searching for things that catch our eye, and although perhaps closure may be an end goal, the more mystical and complex the thing is, the more fascinated we are.

For some people this Technology Is vastly intresting, for me I want something a little more mystical or a little more cosmic I guess.

benji
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by benji » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Thank you Soft Alpaca,

I think, I found your natal chart on the forum under the name Scarlet Depth. Is this correct?
If so, I am reading that your Uranus is unaspected. Is this correct?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:29 pm

I believe his Uranus at 19 Cap 50 is sextile Pluto (3°) and square Saturn (4°). It's also partile conjunct his Vtx for a birth time of 7:32 AM.
I don't know what he means by a "Uranus Sun."

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:29 pm
I don't know what he means by a "Uranus Sun."
For that birthtime, he has a hard-to-see but, I think, very powerful Sun-Uranus aspect, what I have called a Prie Vertical Paran.

Mundanely, his Uranus is exactly on the Antivertex, with an azimuth of 90°08' (0°08' past the Antivertex in azimuth). Expressed as PV amplitude (distance north or south of the prime vertical), his Uranus is 0°07' from the PV.

His Sun, for this birth time, is just before (below) Ascendant with an altitude of -0°41'.

The prime vertical is always square the horizon exactly. To measure aspects between a planet on the PV and one on the horizon, ideally we would measure the planet positions along the circle of the meridian, but we don't have the means of doing that at present. However, we can get very close by comparing the PV amplitude of the planet on the PV to the altitude of the planet on the horizon. The distance between Uranus' +0°08' and Sunb's -0°41' is 0°49', so he has (approximately) a 0°49' Sun-Uranus square if this birth time is correct.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanks for explaining.