Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: Uranus and Magick

Post by Danica » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 am

Hannah wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:09 pm
Isn’t Uranus traditionally associated with magick? I don’t know exactly where I am getting that from. I do know quite a few people into magick with strong Uranian elements in their charts, though.
I’m still a little unsure of where the lines divide between using qabalah to understand astrology.. But Uranus as Chokmah makes me think of Will.. and in the balancing of magick and mysticism it appears that maybe Uranus and Neptune fit nicely in the two categories. It’d be interested to see if statistically more mystics have Neptune predominant in the chart or magicians have predominant Uranus. I’m not sure if I am drawing too rigid of a box, though.
The way I see it, Science and Magick are in their essence one and the same thing, at which root is: understanding of inter-relationships between phenomena, and in particular, understanding of Nature's laws (those phenomena that appear in perceivable patterns) and their operations.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 am

I always thought of this planet being the eletrical current that connects and flows through all living things. This is linked through our chakra and connects us to the flow (life and death) of the universe. In a way this is the energy that links all matter.

Neptune in many senses is the haze that shrouds our minds and soul. It's a rigid pattern loving, frame world forming planet. It's users in there own realms could be mystics but I don't think one would find it any less statistical that they are just insane. (I'm thinking baba yaga).

In another surprising pattern I see is strength in Mars is common in practionars. It is force and I guess in a way will. The will power and force to drive such energy into a physical manifestation would come easier for these folks. (think every time I'm shuffling my deck and calling forth cards I'm asserting a physical pull on the situation, however first I feel out the cards and how they connect and flow.)

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

Danica wrote:
The way I see it, Science and Magick are in their essence one and the same thing, at which root is: understanding of inter-relationships between phenomena, and in particular, understanding of Nature's laws (those phenomena that appear in perceivable patterns) and their operations.
8-) :) jogged my memory to this:
The Magician (Tarot) is linked to the planet Mercury, ruler of the zodiac signs Virgo (Earth) and Gemini (Air).
IMO, when Mercury hooks-up with Uranus in a chart you may have found a true Magician whatever their art may be(come). The original old German Schools in Cosmobiology (Astrology) recognized Mercury-Uranus with a Sociological Correspondence as:
Mathematician, technician, physicist, a person engaged professionally in the study and application of rhythmics, cosmobiologist.
Personally, I consider Jim an adept when it comes to Astrology, and Jim, our host on this forum was born with a Direct Midpoint of Mercury/Uranus = Vertex. Personally, I consider Jim a true Magician (Adept-Cosmobiologist) in the field of Astronomy as applied "rhythmically" in the field of Sidereal Astrology. We are fortunate to be able to learn from his adeptship on this Social forum.

Another mind boggling example experienced by me of a true Magician (Adept) is with a Tarot Reader (Tina) I had the fortune to come into Social contact with her once in my life helping me with her Psychic Powers. She literally save my business life which allowed me to modestly retire with the complete freedom to study Astrology. Her Psychic abilities and adeptship with the Tarot were truly amazing. IMO, her tremendous Psychic abilities comes from her exalted Moon 3,36 Taurus. My angular Jupiter-Moon Node “fortunate contacts” indeed connected me-up with the only exalted Moon person I ever got to know in my life. I don't need any more proof than Tina's Psychic abilities with her exalted Moon-- the ancients indeed knew where power exalted degrees were in our Zodiac.

We can clearly see Tina's Adeptship with the Tarot as a true Magician with her 4 planet stellium in Gemini (Sun) with her Mercury cnj Uranus. Here is another most important woman in my life who saved me from business ruin with her psychic abilities. She was rewarded well when I sold my Theater.

No doubt in my mind the Moon is a natural universal psychic channel in nature. Tina moved from Iowa to Stone Mountain, Georgia. She told me Stone Mountain was a natural power center in USA pertaining to psychic forces of nature, and the shaman Indians in the South knew this location well. She said she moved to Stone Mountain, Georgia because the Tarot told her so. Tina had a prosperous business as a Tarot Reader (Psychic) in Stone Mountain, Georgia and knew nothing about Astrology. For all of you who understands the possible importance for re-locating to another residence for better times---look what happens with Tina's MC Midpoint Structure when Tina re-locates to Stone Mountain, Georgia from Iowa. She moves into a Direct Midpoint of Jupiter/MC =her exalted Moon!!! A consideration of Angular Midpoints are important when relocating our Natal's.

Tina's Natal Chart:
https://imgur.com/cMno5rE

Hannah
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Hannah » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:00 am

Danica wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 am
The way I see it, Science and Magick are in their essence one and the same thing, at which root is: understanding of inter-relationships between phenomena, and in particular, understanding of Nature's laws (those phenomena that appear in perceivable patterns) and their operations.
Yes, I totally agree. 🙂 Though science tends to look at Nature in her most physical sense, while magick applies that same approach to Nature in all planes.
But I was talking about the distinction between magick and mysticism, not magick and science.

Hannah
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by Hannah » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:15 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 am
I always thought of this planet being the eletrical current that connects and flows through all living things. This is linked through our chakra and connects us to the flow (life and death) of the universe. In a way this is the energy that links all matter.

Neptune in many senses is the haze that shrouds our minds and soul. It's a rigid pattern loving, frame world forming planet. It's users in there own realms could be mystics but I don't think one would find it any less statistical that they are just insane. (I'm thinking baba yaga).

In another surprising pattern I see is strength in Mars is common in practionars. It is force and I guess in a way will. The will power and force to drive such energy into a physical manifestation would come easier for these folks. (think every time I'm shuffling my deck and calling forth cards I'm asserting a physical pull on the situation, however first I feel out the cards and how they connect and flow.)
That is interesting! People I have met who have a strong Uranus element are quite electrifying, like they have currents of electricity pumping through their blood.

There are a number of people I know personally with a Neptune element that have mystic-like qualities. One person I am thinking of does a lot of work with god-forms, dissolving the personality in the structure of archetypal images. In myself, the mystic urge comes through with a desire to be one with everything, there is an escapist-tendency in this.. but it is not altogether bad when harnessed consciously.

I have noticed that, too! Mars comes up a lot in the charts I have on file for magicians.. which makes me think of Mars and will-force. Motivation and strength.

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Mysticism in Neptune folk as a sense they draw energy from another realm (like hell). However I think the mystic is partially a persona they use as a guise for their charisma. The devil (Lucifer, pride) is most definitely a pisces in some sense. This realm is one of their own creation or shaping more often than not. There is a special kind of magmatism that effects the environment around them (and the people in it).

Uranus is magick in the sense of things like tarot (the cards are actually a reflection of the energy of the native being read). I've found almost always there is truth in the shape of a person and their environment in the first cards drawn. (The future being subjective thus why we draw what we can figure first when doing a reading).
I've also found that the energy of the reader matters as we act as the medium for this flowing energy. Perhaps Uranus folk can naturally do this but often don't realize it. I myself am a conduit for chaos and disruptive energy.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:20 pm

SA wrote:
I've found almost always there is truth in the shape of a person and their environment in the first cards drawn. (The future being subjective thus why we draw what we can figure first when doing a reading).
The last time I saw/spoke to the Moon (3,36 Tau) Tarot Reader, not knowing it would be the last time, I asked her a burning question for which I was seeking the truth of a matter: I asked her where my studies in astrology were going to carry me as discovering astrological truths which I am seeking. She always had the Tarot in her hands (Sun Gemini) shuffling the cards. She asked me to pick one card and it was the World Card, Mundane Astrology deals with World happenings. I asked for her interpretations. She said that is easy—“you will seek and discover an astrology which deals with certain aspects of the World”. And my life has led me to implementing Sidereal Mundane Astrology at times only with my individualistic chart structures when I see optimum times for myself.

SA wrote:
Perhaps Uranus folk can naturally do this but often don't realize it.
Indeed, even better so when aspected to Mercury, imo.

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 am

Mind you I believe that libra (little witch in a black dress), Aquarius (crystal ball hippy witch), and gemini (spastic bandana tarot witch) can all be described as witchy in there own rights. Gemini is witchy I think in part because of Pluto (I really think it's exalted here). I find that many of these gemini folks are two faced in terms of being highly intelligent but also highly into the occult.

As for Taurus I definitely get they herbal grandma vibes. The village crazy woman (like in moana).

I don't have these signs in my chart but I do have an angular Mercury and an angular Uranus. (And Jupiter which is my ties to culture in my practice). Further more Pluto-Moon folk too can have links to being on the pyschic side (I think part of geminis aesthetic comes from Pluto as well, I find that Geminis I meet tend to like Pluto people as a general rule of thumb).

Jim said something else about angular Sun aspecting Uranus in Aleister Crowleys chart, which I also have (however his also had Saturn involved).