Eris

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Eris

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:47 am

Jim you wrote

"There is a "translation of obscure languages, rendering things into comprehensible and accessible form" theme that I found with natal Moon-Eris aspects."

I think that Eris is of a Chimeran nature, or the fact that nature is Chimerian.

It is slowly becoming common knowledge that what we think we are is way to limited for the truth of the matter.

What is human in us is only a small part of a larger compliation of organelles living in mosiacs and symbiosis.

the the dna in the blood you draw from me right now may very well not match the dna in the blood you draw right now (a second later).

my composite being on a microscopic level is a strange hopefull monster.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Eris is the feminine version of this chimera nature, she is Lilith the mother of hydra! She is the birth of a monster (Mars!) If Eris were to rule anything (as seen in my my mother and 2 I'f not all 3 of my of my female best friends (best friends of all time list only Includes maybe 2-3 men if that)- all addictive sexual drug (alcohol) maddened rage, sexual abuse themes). However almost all females with Eris, unlike Mars males types, succeed; but they always succeed with pain! (No flawless martian victorious nature, aka "Navigating the unmanageable/incomprehensible").

Eris is therefore- in what I'm seeing- Eris' physical ruling Is the pain in child birth(?! though maybe this could be Sedna based off of what some of what Jim said) It's pain with an absolute reason! Aka the accomplishing the incomprehensible, - seducing the sublime, aka the egg to Plutos' seed[?] (Uranus is the aspect and process of childbirth from the universes perspective, Eris is from the mother (Mary or Lilith/Nyx?) and Adam (Mars) is the child , Eve (Venus) the wife...

If Sedna ruled anything btw I would have to guess it would rule the pleasure of childbirth (all if the drugs the body releases or no longer inhibits).. like the Eros relationship Taurus and Scorpio face but in a far more chaotic way..

Delete what you have to Jim- as the Eris angular people I know would say you won't offend me till you have a gun at my head.
Last edited by Soft Alpaca on Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:44 pm

A reminder: I posted above that I will be removing completely all posts addressing Eris rulership ideas. This includes one I just deleted that treated Eris as interchangeable with Gemini.

I don't want to offend anyone, I just want to keep this topic off here for the next several years or so (until we actually know that we know something about the planet).

-- The Management

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Eris transiting natal Mars

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Today is a very interesting transiting Eris day. Yesterday was the exact 0°00' Eris square to my Mars and I didn't notice anything specific yesterday (not that I expect a same-day result on a slow transit), but today what seems to be the full effect is quite evident.

First... this is a really slow transit. Eris first moved into 1°00' orb of square my Mars in April 2013 and will last leave 1° orb in February 2027 - a 14-year transit. Between 2018 and 2023 it makes an exact hit 11 times. - This year, it's within 1° March 30 to November 14, but yesterday was the exact hit (with another on November 14).

The effect is quite simple to describe: There is enormous chaos (what I might have previously called a Mercury day on steroids) that is drawing from me two types of Mars involvement: Either (1) moving very rapidly, very aggressively into challenges, getting strong results fast and under great time pressure for no-warning problems; or (2) having to work not to lose my temper from the pressure, especially in managing situations with insufficient data (often interwoven complexity). This description would have fit any of several events that happened today if they came up alone, but mostly I've been juggling at least three at once.

In short: chaos (knotted data) in the environment engages and draws forth my Mars (in positive, negative, or "who can tell which" ways).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Tr Eris is 00*00’ oct my r Uranus today; and alongside this, tr Venus is conj r Eris (40’ s as I write this).
A rather beautiful day, until the moment (around noon) when I took a look into Novien synastry, not looked-into before, between me and a very beloved friend (N to N and N to rx, both ways), and upon seeing the degree of Saturn involvement, a wave of profound, pitch-intense pain came; I cried, aloud, for a time feeling ... deranged (in lack of a better word now) by the unbearable of this pain.
Took me about an hour and a half to regain the normal psychological condition.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:41 pm

FWIW (and hoping I don't derail this Eris thread with stuff that should go elsewhere), I wouldn't fret too much about that if the objective facts of the relationship don't reflect it provided the standard natal-to-natal synastry is sound. For example, Marion and I have a Novien-to-Novien partile Mars-Saturn square which simply makes no sense compared to reality (and runs contrary to all the other indications, especially between the two radixes). - Of course, her Novien Mercury-Uranus to my Novien Moon-Mercury makes all the sense in the world so, hey, what can I say?

The last time I took a batch of relationships and checked Novien-related synastry, I gave to a (tentative: I may deny this in the future) conclusion that while Novien-to-Natal often had some stunning connections, I wasn't sure I could argue that Novien-to-Novien aspects were valid at all. (Which makes absolutely no sense: I can come up with three major reasons this makes no sense.) I'm not saying this is so, but at the very least it tells me that Novien-to-Novien aspects were not so compelling as to entirely define a relationship.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:50 pm

As I remember, Saturn contacts are common between happily married couples. You take each other's weight. Or something. Or you worry about each other? It was Jung, I think.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Danica wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm
Tr Eris is 00*00’ oct my r Uranus today; and alongside this, tr Venus is conj r Eris (40’ s as I write this).
A rather beautiful day, until the moment (around noon) when I took a look into Novien synastry, not looked-into before, between me and a very beloved friend (N to N and N to rx, both ways), and upon seeing the degree of Saturn involvement, a wave of profound, pitch-intense pain came; I cried, aloud, for a time feeling ... deranged (in lack of a better word now) by the unbearable of this pain.
Took me about an hour and a half to regain the normal psychological condition.
I heard today that scientists have generated a visual image of the motion of a cluster of huge galaxies. The galaxies appear to be moving together as if in a dance responding to the motions of the others. It's such a beautiful image and blows the mind when thinking of the amount of real estate involved in that much space.

But no where in that writhing dance is Saturn.

Its here,
Around this wonderful sun
Doing its wonderful thing it does
Lending its slant to light
Helping life go on.
Like all of members of the family of heavenly bodies that we find ourself in close relationship with.
We couldn't be what we are with out them all. Everything.

I'm gonna be honest...
This whole..oh btw theres a new body we should be watching...
Holy wow ...
Between my own chart and progressions and returns and then add in my kids cycles and my dad's and my siblings and friends....
It is impossible to stay on top of who has what major event and who is experiencing something else....
And now I have to wonder about this ambiguous body of chaos.....
Yikes....

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm

It’s N to rx, but none of it overrides the other, good stuff, taken in total, and looked into with priority by orb.
I blame my response on t Eris, fully :lol:
It’s at 00*00’ till Monday 10 pm, so we can say the day is still young, I guess... (luckily, t Venus will move away from r Eris in the meantime)
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:03 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:28 pm
Eris is the feminine version of this chimera nature, she is Lilith the mother of hydra! She is the birth of a monster (Mars!) If Eris were to rule anything (as seen in my my mother and 2 I'f not all 3 of my of my female best friends (best friends of all time list only Includes maybe 2-3 men if that)- all addictive sexual drug (alcohol) maddened rage, sexual abuse themes). However almost all females with Eris, unlike Mars males types, succeed; but they always succeed with pain! (No flawless martian victorious nature, aka "Navigating the unmanageable/incomprehensible").

Eris is therefore- in what I'm seeing- Eris' physical ruling Is the pain in child birth(?! though maybe this could be Sedna based off of what some of what Jim said) It's pain with an absolute reason! Aka the accomplishing the incomprehensible, - seducing the sublime, aka the egg to Plutos' seed[?] (Uranus is the aspect and process of childbirth from the universes perspective, Eris is from the mother (Mary or Lilith/Nyx?) and Adam (Mars) is the child , Eve (Venus) the wife...

If Sedna ruled anything btw I would have to guess it would rule the pleasure of childbirth (all if the drugs the body releases or no longer inhibits).. like the Eros relationship Taurus and Scorpio face but in a far more chaotic way..

Delete what you have to Jim- as the Eris angular people I know would say you won't offend me till you have a gun at my head.
IDK. Mars was always messy/hairy/difficult/chaotic etc. Do you find any distinction between Eris male/female types or Mars female/male types?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 pm

I don't find Eris types to be martial. This is another case where arguing planetary natures on the base of mythology takes you down wrong roads.

Typical traits of people with Eris on an angle or strongly aspecting a luminary seem to be some variation of: Mischievous, curious, trickster, outlier, and disruptor: Naturally navigates the swarm of chaos more easily with practical advantage (but thus also leaves a wake of chaos, disrupting imposed orders and conditions, because they have little native resistance to disorder). Managing the incomprehensible, juggles undecided possibilities.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Dimitrios
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by Dimitrios » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 am

Very interesting. I did not know anything about Eris, just discovered that i have a Eris-Venus opposition in my natal chart, almost exact. Eris in 8th house in Pisces - Venus in 2nd house in Virgo. Just noticed that i separated when transit Uranus was in close conjunct with natal Eris in 8th house.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Dimitrios wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:45 am
Very interesting. I did not know anything about Eris, just discovered that i have a Eris-Venus opposition in my natal chart, almost exact. Eris in 8th house in Pisces - Venus in 2nd house in Virgo. Just noticed that i separated when transit Uranus was in close conjunct with natal Eris in 8th house.
Thanks. Was Uranus also opposite your Venus when that happened?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Dimitrios
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by Dimitrios » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks. Was Uranus also opposite your Venus when that happened?
Yes. Natal Moon, Venus, Uranus and Pluto are in Virgo in 2nd house...bad luck or wrong choices, since then alone, like living in a vast desert.This "Eris-Uranus period" was very liberating and illuminating, transformed me totally - i think positively, but introduced me into a very long period with bad luck and deep loneliness. Transiting Jupiter conjuncting all these planets 1-2 years later did not help me at all, loneliness and depression continue till now.