Jupiter and Work

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Jupiter and Work

Post by sotonye » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 pm

I've noticed a strange pattern recently when Jupiter is prominent in a natal, which is that in this condition, despite that Jupiter is the sponsor of wealth, the native seems to have trouble finding work? I don't have a large enough sample to infer anything convincing, I know only 5 people with it angular, but I almost want to say that it isn't a contradiction that Jupiter people have trouble finding work since the planet rules leisure and not labor, I mean as a result of their lack of employement all the Jupiter people I know spend their time relaxing

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Jupiter and Work

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 pm

In general, Jupiter means good fortune. However, I've seen dozens of Jupiter transits, which brought great expectations in tow, were "wasted" on the great positive event of ... getting over being sick!

For a few years, it was routine that I could reliably expect to get sick just before a Jupiter transit so that I could "get all better" with the transit. I haven't had this pattern in years, yet have talked to many other who experienced the same thing.

I have tended to think it's the leisure element. Being forced to take time off and rest just about the only way to get me to do it, so it was probably the only option I was "giving" Jupiter to manifest.

BTW, I disagree entirely that Jupiter is the "sponsor" of wealth - and so did Bradley. Saturn is the planet if wealth. Read Kid Gloves (the first installment) again. It's entirely consistent with Jupiter to collect unemployment benefits - to be able to sit around and do nothing while someone gives you money. It surely isn't the best option, but it checks off all the boxes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 pm
In general, Jupiter means good fortune. However, I've seen dozens of Jupiter transits, which brought great expectations in tow, were "wasted" on the great positive event of ... getting over being sick!
I've seen this before too lolol, it sounds like Jupiter doesn't exalt people as much as it restores them to baseline when things go wrong
For a few years, it was routine that I could reliably expect to get sick just before a Jupiter transit so that I could "get all better" with the transit. I haven't had this pattern in years, yet have talked to many other who experienced the same thing.

I have tended to think it's the leisure element. Being forced to take time off and rest just about the only way to get me to do it, so it was probably the only option I was "giving" Jupiter to manifest.
This alters my view of the great benefic, it sounds more like the planet of relaxation than success,

BTW, I disagree entirely that Jupiter is the "sponsor" of wealth - and so did Bradley. Saturn is the planet if wealth. Read Kid Gloves (the first installment) again. It's entirely consistent with Jupiter to collect unemployment benefits - to be able to sit around and do nothing while someone gives you money. It surely isn't the best option, but it checks off all the boxes.
How do we distinguish fortune and wealth? What does it mean that Jupiter is the planet of fortune and Saturn that of wealth? And this does makes sense to me, the Saturn dominant people I know have all made a way for themselves through extremely hard work. And Jupiter sounds too lazy for its own good

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:05 pm

sotonye wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 pm

This alters my view of the great benefic, it sounds more like the planet of relaxation than success,
In general, leisure is the measurement of success in our society. Wealth is one path to it. The real test is the ability to do as little labor for pay as possible, I think. This expresses as all sorts of our tokens of esteem, many of which are usually only available by having money.

I think the key is esteem. What causes people to esteem other people? I fear that most of the time it isn't because they do something admirable but because they can do as little heavy labor as possible.
How do we distinguish fortune and wealth? What does it mean that Jupiter is the planet of fortune and Saturn that of wealth? And this does makes sense to me, the Saturn dominant people I know have all made a way for themselves through extremely hard work. And Jupiter sounds too lazy for its own good
Fortuna was the name of a Roman goddess who representing changing circumstances, "the luck of the draw." Wealth usually means accumulated, stored resources, not flow-through (and BTW is a variant of "health"). Jupiter tends not to hold onto it - Saturn holds tight. It doesn't really matter how much money someone ends up getting, Saturn will tend to keep most of it and Jupiter will manage to get rid of most of it.

The reason Jupiter transits are considered so nice is that other people are "getting rid of it" - in your direction! - more often than not. But natal Jupiter to the fore is more about your generosity than your accumulation.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:22 pm

I cant say finding work is hard for me. Nor can I say that I have fortune (however I do have wealth in a more wholesome sort of way). As for being lazy I can confirm the fact that I look for the largest percentage of work done to profit ratio (of course I'm not always looking to work for fortune). Ie I'd rather work 5 hours for 50 dollars than 10 hours for 80.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 am

sotonye, wealth comes to the angular Jupiter in a different way than the angular Saturn.
The Saturnian people work hard for their wealth, some have it through property as well.
Jupiter people want to put less work into gaining their wealth, so they can actually in some instances create wealth by having other people work for them; create empires.

I have both Saturn and Jupiter angular and have never had trouble finding work when I want to, in fact I have always got the job I apply for IF I get to an interview. But sometimes I don't want to work.

You say you know 5 people with Jupiter angular? How close is Jupiter to their angles and what other planets are on angles, and which planets is Jupiter aspected with?

BTW, 5 people is not a big example and certainly not big enough to draw conclusions.

Look into known people with angular or foreground Jupiter. It certainly does not fit with your notion/assumption from your friends examples. I am sure the people I name here have no trouble finding work and they are all very successful people who have worked a lot - but probably also have time for leisure and time off to enjoy their wealth and success.

Examples I can name right now is Warren Buffet with Jup on WP, Oprah Winfrey has a foreground Jupiter, J.K. Rowling, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Al Pacino, Victoria Beckham, Michael Jordan, Harrison Ford, Sophia Loren, Reese Witherspoon, Andy Warhol, Julio Iglesias, Sigourney Weaver, Goldie Hawn, John McCain, Robert F. Kennedy, Paul Newman, Jane Fonda, Eva Joly, Jimmy Fallon, Kate Hudson, Greta Garbo, Christina Ricci, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Arthur Conan Doyle, Aldous Huxley, Oliver Stone, Nick Nolte, Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Garner, Mitt Romney, Ricky Martin, Stanley Kubrick.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 am

Based on my 71 years of life with an angular rising Jupiter, psychologically, Jupiter is about being in harmony and enjoying one's environment, regardless the type environment or amount of the bank account. It is also my opinion, with a prominent angular Jupiter, its 'cosmic structure pattern' with midpoints as taught with the teachings of Cosmobiology is very important to see/understand. Many times I have seen a prominent benefic planet be colored with a malefic midpoint structure, which inhibits the true symbolic expression of a prominent benefic planet.

Here is a fortunate midpoint structure example for my life: I was born with a very important direct midpoint structured into my rising Jupiter with Node/Asc = Jupiter (0,10 orb). Ebertin says about this midpoint structure:
Sociableness, amusements and entertainments, A liking for festivities and festivals, the sharing of enjoyments and joyful occasions together with other people. Happy unions and fortunate associations.
I was literally born into the 'amusement & entertainment' business by being born next to a Drive-Inn Theater! I started working for the company who owned this Theater when I was 6 years old. Later on with my employment with this company, I was elected chief film buyer for all the theaters owned by this company. One of my greatest enjoyments of my life was seeing that the the community movie going public was entertain preferably by laughter with great entertaining movies, 'laughter is the best medicine'. Another great Jupiter enjoyment in my life was going to as many as I could afford—live musical 'festivals'. One of the greatest Jupiter benefits I have enjoyed in my life is all of my friends, including my best friend (my wife) make me laugh! Jupiter has blessed me with many 'fortunate associations' not necessarily associated with making lots of $.

So, it is important to analyze any prominent planets in a natal chart with its midpoint 'structures,' direct and indirect midpoints.