Jupiter in the Constellations - findings & observations

Reserved for posted interpretation resources for Sidereal sign-placements. Please direct discussions to the Constellations - Discussion forum.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in the Constellations - findings & observations

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:32 pm

For the most part, only the findings derived from the Gauquelin data are given below. Overall, Jupiter-sign impact is minor and can usually be neglected. Traits that can be statistically demonstrated to be common for Jupiter sign placements broadly show Jupiter benefiting and encouraging the tone of the constellation it occupies, though it is unclear how much that shows in the character of individual people; at best, it is a subtle trait. (Look at the Gauquelin data findings below to see what I mean. However, the behavior becomes uneven in constellations where Jupiter is dignified or debilited, perhaps the dignity or debility being a stronger effect than the individual sign-character.)

INDEX/LINKS TO JUPITER-SIGN NOTES
Jupiter in Taurus viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p450
Jupiter in Gemini viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p451
Jupiter in Cancer viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79&p=449#p452
Jupiter in Leo viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p453
Jupiter in Virgo viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79&p=449#p454
Jupiter in Libra viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p455
Jupiter in Scorpio viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p456
Jupiter in Sagittarius viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p457
Jupiter in Capricorn viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p458
Jupiter in Aquarius viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p459
Jupiter in Pisces viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79#p460
Jupiter in Aries viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79&p=449#p461
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Taurus

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:32 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: witty, generous, charming
Significantly low: powerful

The statistical character trait findings show traits consistent with Taurus, with a focus on (what seems to be social pleasantness and (considering the failed VP candidates) popularity with subdued competitiveness. Personal examples seem companionable and genuinely interested in meaningful social discourse (usually not interested in idle conversation). (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Actors
Significantly low: Writers

U.S. PRESIDENTS: Rutherford B. Hayes, Theodore Roosevelt
(Sec. John Ashcroft. VP candidates Sen. Thomas Eagleton, Sen. John Edwards, Sen. Joseph Lieberman)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Gemini (detriment)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: steadfast, poet, imaginative, dreamer, kind
Significantly low: sensual

While steadfast makes no logical sense for Jupiter + Gemini, the other statistical findings are consistent with various kinds of mental activity, especially of an idle, relaxed kind. Private examples do have a tendency to live more in their heads, from idyllic (almost Neptunian) musing to an academic hobbiest to serious mental labor. They do seem to be people who like ideas. (The more I look, the more the private cases seem to be people who are quickly bored with idle chatter and want to cut quickly to deeper subjects.) (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Painters, Military Musicians, Athletes, Aviators
Significantly low:

U.S. PRESIDENTS: Millard Fillmore
(Chief Justice John Roberts, Dir. J. Edgar Hoover, Czar Catherine II, Ian Smith)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Cancer (exalted)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:34 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: generous, devoted, authority
Significantly low: poet

My own Jupiter sign and one I've never been able to understand interpretively. I note from the presidential aspirants a great deal of... perhaps ambition, public mindedness, etc.? The statistical character traits seem quite Cancerian on their own and might be taken as a parental or authoritative caretaker of others. - A surprising number of leading Siderealists have this, including Fagan and Duncan (Bradley's was in Sagittarius) plus other astrologers of note including Rob Hand, Walter Koch, John Addey, and even Alan Leo. (Think of authoritative caretaker from the perspective of a counselling astrologer. This also fits other counsellors, teachers, etc. on my list.) Possibly much more for me to get here that I can't yet see. (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Writers
Significantly low:

U.S. PRESIDENTS: John Tyler, Grover Cleveland, Calvin Coolidge, Harry Truman, Joseph Biden
(Justice John Paul Stevens, King George VI, Emperor Augustus. Pres aspirants Sen. Edward Kennedy, Rep. Newt Gingrich, Rev. Al Sharpton, Mayor Rudy Giuliani)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Leo

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: powerful
Significantly low: dreamer, poet, sympathetic, passionate, sensitive, traveler

Powerful certainly fits the theory, where we would expect something like nobility and benevolent autocracy. The statistical lows form a clear pattern among themselves, saying there is a real lack of perceived tenderness and sensitivity (as expressed in the individual trait words). The U.S. presidents have (except for Quincy) been known for unusual toughness and Justice Ginsburg may be a prime example of the same dogged perseverance. - These toughness traits seem overstated, though, when compared to most personal examples. I do, however, see a benign generosity in most of them, an extension of themselves to develop others. (Are Jupiter signs, perhaps, especially where we extend kindness of generosity? It mostly fits thus far, if I'm not over-generalizing.) (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high:
Significantly low: Military

U.S. PRESIDENTS: Thomas Jefferson, John Q. Adams, Andrew Jackson, Lyndon B. Johnson
(Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sec. John Kerry)

NOTE: A number of signficant occultists, including Paul Foster Case, Rupert Gleadow, Wilfred T. Smith, and (probably) George Cecil Jones; plus a couple of science fiction leaders including Gene Roddenberry and Chris Carter, to whom Bill Gates can reasonably be added)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Virgo

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:36 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: mystical, imaginative
Significantly low: witty, authority, devoted

The statistical character traits don't sound very Virgo, though they may imply living more in the mind than not, while the uncommon traits may seem a tad humble. The run of recent (post-Soviet) U.S. presidents is eye-catching but I don't see what exact commonality it might indicate. Personal examples don't yield much except, perhaps, for a deep respect for education and learning. I think I'm not getting the essential idea here. (11/12/22)

U.S. PRESIDENTS: George Washington, James Buchanan, Herbert Hoover, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Donald Trump
(Catherine de Medici. Gen. Wesley Clark... Is there some hunger for power element here? Or is it a service theme?)

NOTE: A number of "gay icons" have this placement, including Cher and Bette Midler - to which Divine could be added.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Libra

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: charming [also combative, but it shared this with Scorpio so there may be other factors involved]
Significantly low: dreamer, reserved

You can't get more Libran than charming. This likely implies social graces and social generosity, mostly reflected in the eminent examples below. Indeed, personal examples are mostly people with whom it's natural to have a drink in a lovely environment for some gracious conversation (a context for diplomacy). Settings and manners seem important to most of them. (11/12/22)

U.S. PRESIDENTS: Franklin Pierce, Ronald Reagan
(Sec. Henry Kissinger, Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander the Great, Dalai Lama, Mary Queen of Scots. Pres aspirant Dennis Kucinich. VP candidate Rep. Paul Ryan.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Scorpio

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: Combative [but shares this with Libra; other factors could be involved]
Significantly low: Sensitive

Combative and insensitive seem clear enough (though I doubt the Jupiter influence conveys overt insensitivity). The U.S. presidents tend to have been gentle in manner but not lacking strength for it. (The three failed presidential contenders all placed very high value on social kindness.) Private examples include several astrologers known for speaking their mind with a little spit and vinegar (as well as more gracious examples, including three of the four people who substantially defined early 20th Century astrology in the U.S.) - From personal examples, I think there is a great deal of candor mixed with actual or at least attempted grace. This blend - bridging grace and abruptness - may be the central trait. (I suspect there is much more.) (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high:
Significantly low: Military Musicians

U.S. PRESIDENTS: James Monroe, Chester A. Arthur, James E. Carter, George H.W. Bush
(Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Antonin Scalia, Justice Anthony Kennedy. NOTE: These four at one time entirely defined the conservative block in the Supreme Court.)
(Pres. candidates Sen. John McCain, Mitt Romney. Sec. Hillary Rodham Clinton)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Sagittarius (home)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: traveler, dreamer, imaginative, sympathetic, witty, mystical
Significantly low: combative, generous

The statistical character traits all fit, except that the absence of perceived generosity is strange. The public figures are strong on power demands, political aspiration, and imperial (or even aristocratic) demeanor. -- I have a huge list of private examples, difficult to assess at a glance. The astrologers were generous gentlemen with an element of sweeping largesse in most cases. Generosity (despite the finding above) does seem characteristic of most.
(BTW, there is a large representation of this placement on Solunars.) (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high:
Significantly low: Military
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Capricorn (fall)

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: Dreamer, authority, sympathetic
Significantly low: Powerful, poet

From the statistics, the political examples, and three dozen personal examples, I can't draw any stable conclusions. (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Journalists

U.S. PRESIDENTS: James K. Polk, William McKinley, James A. Garfield, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Barack Obama
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Aquarius

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:39 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: Charming, sympathetic
Significantly low: Passionate, combative, imaginative, mystical

The statistical character traits sound (to me) bright and entertaining without any deep fire in them, though the historic presidents have all been a great deal gruffer and combative. From private cases, there may be a tendency to call things what they plainly are (and impatience with those who will not). There seems something dutiful about many of them - a rather pronounced trait - though this fits none of the symbolism. (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Military
Significantly low: Military Musicians, Athletes, "New Champions (Athletes 2)

U.S. PRESIDENTS: William Henry Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Andrew Johnson
(Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Stephen Breyer, King Charles II, Pope Benedict XVI. Pres. aspirant Gov. Jerry Brown, Supreme Court candidate Robert Bork.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Pisces

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: Active, idealist, passionate
Significantly low: Kind, witty

In the past, I have noticed Jupiter in Pisces being uncannily consistent with Jupiter-Neptune aspects, and the statistical traits seem to agree. Additionally, in private examples, today I see fervor in support of things that matter to them: passion for things they value. (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high: Military Musicians
Significantly low:

U.S. PRESIDENTS: Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson
(Justice David Souter. VP candidate Gov. Sarah Palin.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jupiter in Aries

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm

CHARACTER TRAITS:
Significantly high: Sociable, powerful, devoted, steadfast, reserved, sympathetic
Significantly low: Active

Intuitively, there is an imperial, commanding character about Jupiter blended with Aries. The statistically common character traits speak of power (often restrained or ready as a reserve) with a paternal caretaking and dominating quality. I suppose authoritarian is not a bad word for it. (This is also evident in most, but not all, of the U.S. presidents listed below.) -- In personal cases, there is a quality of being in charge (the person responsible for things), often (but in no sense always) with an imperial claim to command. If they are overlooked there is a (usually quiet) sense that things would have worked better if they'd been in control (and perhaps disdain of those who were). In more extreme cases, intolerance of incompetent leadership is pronounced. (11/12/22)

VOCATIONAL:
Significantly high:

U.S. PRESIDENTS: James Madison, William H. Taft, U.S. Grant, Benjamin Harrison, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy
(Vladimir Putin, VP Dick Cheney. Pres. aspirant Rep. Dick Gephardt.)

PERSONAL NOTE: For reasons entirely unclear to me, I have had romantic involvements with more women with Jupiter in Aries than any three other signs combined.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com