Moon in Leo sign project

This is where I am temporarily filing the Sun- and Moon-constellation discussions of the last year if I have dug through the content yet, matching them to my own data pools.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Moon in Leo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 am

Welcome to the Moon in Leo discussions project, which will run August 17 - September 16, 2018 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Moon in Leo people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Moon in Leo interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p146
Cyril Fagan: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f ... p=636#p657
Garth Allen: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p134
Manilius: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p742

My current concise summary of Moon in Leo (always subject to change) reads:
Emotions intertwined with pride. Strong, noble, proud, natural leader, courageous, confident, practical, effective, indomitable. Dramatic; seldom pretentious. Gregarious (court of friends & admirers). Entertainer. Discriminating in romance. Needs warm, affectionate interaction; may retain aloof mask. Business over sentiment.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: Moon in Leo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:56 pm

The gate is open. Leo away! :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:47 am

I dont have anyone with this placement that I know of but I was really interested in the bus driver idea because at the surface one would not see the Leoness. Ive ridden a lot of buses in my day and for years took the same bus everynight from the city to the country.
My driver was very attuned to his passengers though and I felt like he thought of us, a wierd collection of diverse souls, as his Pride and definately took pride in his work and taking care of us.
I read a great book this year called The Energy Bus, a parable self help story with the bus driver completely fitting this, espicially the teaching aspect.

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Veronica » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:54 am

two people who I have found.
one I admire greatly
one I don't

Angela Bassett, Born August 16, 1958 NYNY no time
James Saville, Born oct. 31, 1926, Leeds Uk no time.

two souls who are both "tv/movie" personalities, both very athletic (Angela just posted a very nice pic. of herself in a bikini at age 60!) and both with a passion for entertaining.

it would appear to me that Angela is very similar to the "nice" version where as Saville went down a much darker path with his passions.

edit: my personal feelings make it difficult for me to honestly reflect sometimes, and I understand that while I may think I know better ways for things to be done, I trust that there are higher forces at work, in each and every soul and every soul in contact with other souls and it is not right for me to let my head be ruled by ego that as always needs to be kept in check with the bigger truths of life.
Last edited by Veronica on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks. Could you be more specific on exactly what traits you see each of them having?

The goal of these monthly projects is to collate people's observations of explicit behaviors of these luminary positions as a contribution to eventually (hopefully more sooner than later :) ) revising the 'stock' interpretations I've written over the years - and, more immediately, to increase our understanding.

So... what specific traits do you see in each of these people that led to your assessment above?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Angela Bassett

Post by Veronica » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:18 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Bassett
Emotions intertwined with pride. Strong, noble, proud, natural leader, courageous, confident, practical, effective, indomitable. Dramatic; seldom pretentious. Gregarious (court of friends & admirers). Entertainer. Discriminating in romance. Needs warm, affectionate interaction; may retain aloof mask. Business over sentiment.
Angela ---her work in film primarily focuses on roles of strong black females in a biographical setting. She received her Masters degree in fine Arts from the Ivy League Yale University. In 2018 she received an honorary Doctorial Degree from Yale. She grew up in Harlem, NY but had a challenging childhood filled with separation from her family and home and later her father.
In her chart:
Her Leo Moon is conjunct mercury which would give a strong leaning towards a desire to communicate what she experienced as the emotional rollercoaster challenges of her own life mirrored in what she had learned about other women who were important historical figures in their own right, but had been dismissed by most of society as insignificant emotional woman. She desired to put the spot light on them (the women she portrayed) and show the world what strong, noble, courageous women they were and choose dramatic roles that would allow her the best opportunity to use her own natural traits to give to a new generation of woman roles models who they could easily identify with. Her moon/mercury is strengthened by a mars in trine and Neptune in sextile which would give her dramatic acting a nice boost of creative insight and vital force to bring her roles to life and which I feel is why she is so admired by many women and achieved the recognition (awards) for her roles in the theater and as well her humanitarian efforts to help children and support the fine arts of theater.
Her moon is also widely conjunct Pluto, which would indicate that she has a freedom in her soul to have been able to ride out the tough storms of her early life and keep her chin up and to keep working, not quitting and not underselling herself.

I feel that her Leo moon and its aspects is the factor that not only ennobled her to become the superstar that she is and role model, but that it also gave her the strength as a “disadvantaged” black woman from Harlem and a broken/dysfunctional home to take the risks that she took to enroll and succeed in an Ivy league school. She fearlessly has maintained her own personal integrity and demonstrates beautifully how you cant keep a good woman down.

Veronica
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
James Saville

Post by Veronica » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:55 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile
Savile-
His moon is being aspected by quite a lot so it is hard for me to discern, and harder for me to push past my own knee jerk reactions to this, knowing his story. But I would think that if I was to see this chart and not know who this person was and all that, I would suspect that the Leo moon in a man aspected like this would bring about may hidden personality traits (aloof mask), and that it would definitively make think this person is *very* discriminating in romantic relationships (sun/venus widely conjunct sextile the moon).

I do think that it was also his moon aspects that gave rise to his celebrity status, and enabled him to overcome his early childhood struggles and work hard to achieve his personal level of fitness (ie sports, wrestling) success in the entertainment world, and philanthropy. With a leo moon one would be inclined to be a very giving person because of a personal need for warmth and affection, but it is possible that his life challenges played out in his aspects give him a freedom (ego/pride) to express his inner needs in ways that are not considered socially acceptable.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm

I think it's easy to know somebody's sun placement. Not so much for Moon sign. I have to go look at what I have.

I also am trying to stick to people I know well. Famous people, unless you know them personally (like went through school with them) I don't think that's what you're looking for here.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Agreed. People are more likely to know Sun placement off the top of their head and not Moon. (And yes, personal knowledge of people makes for better, though when I get into these I like to take projects of categories of famous people to compare, such as authors with the placement.)

In case it's clear, I'm also backing off until other people have their say unless there is something specific with which to interact. I've had my first say - what I would post would be the same observations that are already on the sign sections of the site (which are only there because of my observations of people).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 pm

I have three people with Moon in Leo in my charts, one is Danica, and one is a friend's ex, whom I have met exactly once, and one I've never met. So I have nothing useful to contribute. Maybe somebody else has something to offer, or maybe Moon in Leos are just thin on the ground.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 pm
I have three people with Moon in Leo in my charts, one is Danica, and one is a friend's ex, whom I have met exactly once, and one I've never met. So I have nothing useful to contribute. Maybe somebody else has something to offer, or maybe Moon in Leos are just thin on the ground.
I actually know more of them personally than any other Moon-sign. Three (including Danica, of course) Aries-Leos come immediately to mind. I've dated more Leo Moon women than any other sign (and have lived with one for a decade now) and have oodles of other contacts with it. My Aquarius Moon bias? I'm surprised there aren't more that have swarmed around your Leo Sun :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Well, remember I generally run. And anything that swarms get sprayed. I spent half of yesterday with friends who are on to me. They wouldn't let me drive myself and meet them there because I would have left after an hour. As it was, I ended up sitting under a table at the restaurant (I wasn't drinking.) (Yes, I like cheesecake. No I don't like the Cheesecake Factory.)

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:12 am

Some feedback is that several people here don't know Leo Moons personally. While personally known Leo Moons are preferable for more intimate observation, public or historic figures can be a basis for this if you don't know any examples personally.

Here are some historic/public Leo Moons from lists I already have at hand.

On Solunars: Danica, ScarletDepths, Marion

Politics/Leadership: Pres. Wm. Henry Harrison, Pres. Franklin Pierce, Pres. Wm. H. Taft, Pres. John F. Kennedy, Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson, Sen. Edward Kennedy, Sen. Thomas Eagleton, Sen. Carol Mosely Braun, Winston Churchill, Benjamin Disraeli, Margaret Thatcher, Oliver Cromwell, Willie Brandt, Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, Sec. Rick Perry, Justice Samuel Alito, William Penn, Mayor George Moscone

Royalty: Dalai Lama, Emperor Hirohito, King Fuad II of Egypt, Queen Mary I of England, King Louis XV of France, Princess Anne, Viscount Linley David, Queen Maud of Norway, Rose Lady Windsor

Celebrity: Gina Lolabrigida, Candice Bergen, Courteney Cox, Jodie Foster, Michelle Pfeiffer, Patty Duke, Sara Gilbert, Laurence Olivier, Tyrone Power, Dustin Hoffman, Robert Redford, Harry Dean Stanton, John Travolta, Matthew McConaughey, Henry Winkler, William Dafoe, Jay Leno, Andy Kaufman, Richard Branson, John Jacob Astor VI, Lance Armstrong, Bobby Riggs, Cheiro, Nadya Suleman, Bruno Hauptman, Lyndie England, Angelo Buono

Music: Richard Strauss, Robert Schumann, Henry Mancini, Brian Wilson, Andy Gibb, Dolly Parton, Madonna, k. d. lang, Martha Raye,

Literature: Marquis de Sade, Anne Frank, Jack Kerouac, Gertrude Stein, Paul Verlaine, William Wordsworth, Arthur Schopenhauer, Immanuel Kant, Robert Graves, Frederick Engels, Alan Watts, L. Ron Hubbard

Popes: Pius X, Pius VIII, Innocent XIII, Innocent XII, Urban VII, Pius II, Nicholas V
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm

I have two collegues with the Moon in Leo. They both have a lot of strength and are dominating personalities. When they speak and announce something everybody is quiet, they have a natural greatness and occasionally display bombastic gestures and put up a show. Otherwise they are quiet and gentle, going their own way.

My former neighbor. She is a big lady physically, outspoken and a bit intrusive. Has a royal demeanor. Although with a Sagittarius Sun this is hard to say whether this comes from her Sun or Moon sign. She is an open book on Facebook.

My uncle. Charmingly arrogant. Literate and opiniated. Likeable person but you are always left with the feeling that you are never equal. Dominates a conversation.

Regards,
Flo

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 pm

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm
My former neighbor. She is a big lady physically...
These are all great anecdotes, but the line above reminded me of something.

Historically, Leo has a reputation for being large, thogh more statuesque than rotund. For example, Leo Moons are extemely common among professional basketball players. But there is anothe ti[e that is tiny. I know several, especially women, who are physically tiny (short, usually slight) but have the large-sized personality you've otherwise described.

With a tip of the hat to Leonard Wibberley, I call them "the mouse that roared."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 pm
With a tip of the hat to Leonard Wibberley, I call them "the mouse that roared."
haha, marvellous description. One of the collegues I described is like that, exactly so. Short, with the large-sized personality.

benji
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by benji » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:33 am

I have a daughter who was born with her Moon in Leo (DOB: January the 6th 1999 Houston Texas at 8:00 am) She is a lot of fun! Currently, she is working as a nursing assistant and going to Collage to become a Certified Public Accountant. She carries a 3.8-grade point average.
Last week she broke off a three-year relationship with her boyfriend (here second boyfriend in her lifetime). He was working on becoming a lawyer at Texas A.M, she told me that she didn’t like what it was doing to his personality.
My only criticism of her is that she thinks that money is everything, she wants to eventually become a financial analyist because she can’t stand the thought of being poor.
Last edited by benji on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am

Sounds like a great kid but, LOL - that last point shows loud and clear. She's a Sagittarius-Leo but she was born vulnerable to insecurity. If the 8 AM birth time is exactly right, she has Saturn square Ascendant and Neptune in Capricorn rising. (Even if the birth time is a bit off, she has Moon almost exactly sesqui-square Saturn.)

As a parent, it more or less wouldn't matter what you did, she was going to grow up vulnerable to a deep sense of insecurity. The fact that it only shows in material ways - that she seems like a wonderful, healthy kid otherwise - does you credit.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

benji
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by benji » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:49 am

Yes, the 8:00 am birth time is correct. I don't want to turn this into a Saturn-Moon aspect discussion. So, I just want to note, that she doesn't drink or smoke and is leaning towards being a vegetarian.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:57 am

Last day of this project before we switch over to the Virgo project (though, of course, this thread will continue to be around). Anything else to add?

Thanks to those who have played thus far.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com