Mars in Virgo sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, Sun and Moon sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Mars in Virgo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 am

Welcome to the Mars in Virgo discussions project, which will run September 18 - October 18, 2019 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Mars in Virgo people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Mars in Virgo interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32#p120
Garth Allen: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p135

Mars in Virgo has similarities to and differences from Sun in Virgo. To help discern these similarities and differences, here is a link to the earlier Sun in Virgo https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1677

My current concise summary of Mars in Virgo (always subject to change) reads:
Strategic, analytical, logical, calculating odds (often deceitful, covert, manipulative, gamey). Very smart, curious, astute, eager to learn everything possible (intelligence is more accessible than feelings). Stands ready to assist, help, support. Substance abuse (alcoholics).
Here on Solunars, people with Mars in Virgo include Lance and WhichWitch (and, not seen recently, Hakim and Debbie).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Mars in Virgo sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:45 am

Among the famous, some examples of Mars in Virgo include the following (including a surprising number of current presidential aspirants):

Friedrich Nietzsche, Sigmund Freud
Pres. Bill Clinton, PM Margaret Thatcher, King Henry VIII, Dalai Lama
Sec. Rick Perry, Sec. Julian Castro, Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Rep. Beto O'Rourke, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Myor Pete Buttigieg
Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Ted Turner
Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Billy Ray Cyrus, Freddie Mercury, Cat Stevens, Whitey Houston
Pope Paul VI, Pope John Paul II, Pope Francis, Gopi Krishna
Gary Duncan, Joseph Goodavage, AN Vyssotsky
Anais Nin, William Faulkner, Marcel Proust, Upton Sinclair, Barbara Walters, Johnny Carson, Margaret Cho, Kellyanne Conway
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am

Open for business!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Soft Alpaca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:53 am

My mother has this placement. When I read her the description for this sign she responded to it more than her Sun/Moon. I guess as she has aged and actually grown more the temperament of her Mars sign has come out more. She is still very much a Mars-Uranus person and her Sun-Moon signs describe her well especially in her youth.

She is at a stage now in her recovery process to that helped her resonate with the addiction piece of this aspect. The support aspect is coming out now as she is supporting fellow recovering and using addicts. Working with PROA [Pennsylvania recovery Alliance Organization] and getting educated at a community college has helped her alot. It also fulfils Uranus/Aquarius change the world while meeting the requirements of Mars in Virgo willing to help and support others.

Lance
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Lance » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:08 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 am
Here on Solunars, people with Mars in Virgo include Lance and WhichWitch
Yeah, me. I wanted to write a little about my experience of myself.

Strategic: I mean, I actually aspire to this. I wish I was better at it. I'm embarrassed to share anecdotes though. The times when it was most notable in my life were when I was most angry and obsessed with something.

Addiction: Yeah, I used to smoke a LOT of cigarettes. When I was stressed, I smoked up to three packs a day. It was like this thing I could do that could help me think more focusedly and clearly - revving-up the whole Mars in Virgo (Mercury) mental processes to help deal with the anxiety and figure out whatever problem. I always smoked when I needed to go think about something.

I never really drank until after we decided to get a divorce. But the impulse here is to turn off the thought-machine. I still see Mars in Virgo (Mercury) in that as well. There this constant desire to fix the situation (analyze, strategize), solve the problem, or at least solve the problem that is the painful thoughts themselves. Definitely, the desire here is to turn off the Mars in Virgo (Mercury) mechanism: to NOT think.

Anyway. That's about all I wanted to say.