Sun in Taurus - sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Sun in Taurus - sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Welcome to the Sun in Taurus discussions project, which will run May 16 - June 15, 2017 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Sun in Taurus people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Sun in Taurus interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35#p156
Garth Allen: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p131
Cyril Fagan: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=101#p616
Rupert Gleadow: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91#p558
Manilius: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p739

Additionally:
Taurus & Politics http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151
Taurus & Skin http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=144
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Sun in Taurus - sign project

Post by By Jove » Tue May 16, 2017 10:49 pm

I began reading his final work, Juliette, in early October, and I would like to finish it in early June. A Solar Journey from Virgo to Taurus seems a nice way to round things off, considering I read every other Sade work before Juliette.

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

I don't know any Taureans (that I know of) well enough to write about them here.

But I will say that I'm learning a lot through this discussion overall. Taurus is not much like I thought. It's really opening up as so, so much more Venusian than I had ever known. I guess you could say my only understanding of Taurus was as basically as "fixed Earth." Real Taurus is so much more interesting (said the Venus-biased Libra).

Marion
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member

Post by Marion » Sun May 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi! Jumping in....I am a Taurus and if anyone wants to ask me questions of the Taurus experience, I will gladly answer.

Also, my only sister is also a Taurus, a significant ex-boyfriend is a Taurus, and I have a number of friends that are Taurus. Oh yes, and my grandmother, who I am named after, was a Taurus.

It's hard to say what we all have in common as I tend to see their moon signs more at work. Geesh! It really is hard to say what we all have in common!

When I close my eyes and meditate a bit on what there is in common, two traits/words spring up;
1. Loving and
2. loves comfort.

Of the above list, the least obviously loving one was my grandmother, as she was somewhat "nice-nice" and didn't let it get too real or deep. However, I remember being very close to her as a child and feeling quite loved. So yes, I consider her to have been very loving. She was a great cook as well and I believe this was her expression of comfort. In addition to yummy Italian dinners, her and my grandfather used to have a nighttime ritual of a little aperitif with prosciutto and melon (or some other night snack). And she loved baking. She also LOVED her coffee and took great comfort in it. Up until her last year (at age 100) she had a daily Starbucks habit.

My sister has an angular Saturn so its always work, work ,work for her. However, even with all that work, she has created a home that has a comfortable feel to it. And she is a crazy cat lady and takes great comfort in her cats. Oh, yeah, and in her children too....lol! Seriously, she is very loving and hugging as well as being a Saturn slave driver! ;-) And, she also is a great cook and generally very talented creatively.

So, I think I will add a third thing to Taurus....they are loving and demonstrative parents.

As for me, I would characterize myself a primarily loving. (although, I will whip out my angular Mars if called to do so), and I love my comforts. One of the things that is delightfully interesting to me is to go primitive camping, and challenge myself to make life work and be comfortable anyhow. I recently went on a two week primitive camping trip and had tent problems so needed to make do sleeping in my car. It took me a few days but I made myself a very comfy set up! Also, I managed to find some hot springs near where I was and delighted in a couple of days of soaking. :-)

Oh yes, and my camp meals were awesome. I suppose I can be a good cook too.

I will add more later as I think about it.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Taurus love: Marion and the other Marion.

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Mon May 22, 2017 1:18 am

Dear Marion,
Thank you very much for your nice and informative post.
I can relate to all you wrote. Loving and demonstrative parents and the love of comfort.

My mom and grandmother are both Taureans and during my childhood the love of my grandmother was always there, I felt so loved by her. My mom has a Capricorn Moon (haha I could relate to Saturn the slave driver, myself as well, work work work with angular Saturn) so that made it a little complicated however her practical caring has always been endless and she is soon moved to tears when injustice is done to others, especially kids. She loves cooking for others and cares that everybody enjoys.

The Taurus men I know also have this loving character especially to their children and dote their grandchildren.
Regards,
Florence

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am

I have a dozen of Solar Tauruses on my list of personally-known-for-years. Most of them think they are Gemini, which is more than just unfortunate - especially for the men, because they are consciously identifying with Mercury and repressing Venus. One of the prominent examples of this is my father, and the other a very beloved friend of mine.

My father's key-word for his whole life, though, is love of Nature. He "invented" and proclaimed a new religion (as a revolt against Christianity and its repressing of man's natural needs), and named it Bioreligion. He was a devoted Christian in his youth, very ascetic; long-bearded, thin and Jesus-looking, he was preaching to people on the street, offering Bible; it was in a communist time in the former Yugoslavia, so he got arrested for this, and spent some time in jail (yeah, a hilarious story - at least for me now). He soon became disappointed with Christianity and went into mysticism, started studying anything on Yoga he could find, along with Teosophy, astrology, Qabalah. Basically, he was seeking for the deeper truth in all systems he could come across, hungrily; but nothing was appropriately answering his sensibility. So, somewhere at the age of 50, he started to formulate his own religion; he is 75 now (his birthday is in 2 days) ans is still working on trying to convert people to Bioreligion :) He has a Leo Moon, and the Sun is conjunct Saturn & Uranus (born in 1942).
Thinking of himself as a Gemini made him to identify with his intellect, and he heavily neglected to consciously develop the emotional side of himself. I believe this is the psychological background of the petrifying of his cardiac tissue, which is a slow and unrecoverable process the doctors diagnosed him with.
When he was younger, he used to make ocarinas - small musical instruments, and play on them, as well as on fife, and he played very well, had a talent for it (is self-taught). As a child and youth, before starting high school, he lived on a messuage (I'm not sure if this is the right word), spending his days as a shepherd with the sheep in the field, playing the fife or ocarina and freely walking around in nature. He remembers that time as the most beautiful time of his life.
He was on a search for a "perfect partner" during whole of his adult life, and eventually settled with a woman whom he is not happy with (is even unhappy), but accepted it as an option better than to be alone. He was always taking great care of his physical health, especially in regards to the food; and he is in rather good condition for his age, but is always complaining about his health.

The beloved friend that I mentioned is an occultist, mystic and also an astrologer; I never succeeded in converting him to Sidereal, though he wanted to hear about it and appreciates my astrological advice. He lost his mother as a teenager, and this left a deep scar on his emotional life. I know him for about 14 years now, and he was always on a search for the perfect partner; is in a long-term and stable relationship for a number of years now, but nevertheless drawn to continual searching and exploring. Musically talented, and also poetical. But firmly believes himself to be Gemini, and has been developing his intellect in a disbalanced way, neglecting to pay conscious attention to the Venus side of his being, to nurture and express that.
He is physically very beautiful, and is generally very appreciative of all sensual pleasures. Has a natural mystical inclination; a deep soul.

Five others among people from my Taurean list:

K.K. (female) - a dancer, painter, crafter, yoga instructor, mother of two girls, and a pioneer of bio-architecture in Serbia. Strong, proud woman, very creative, with pronounced sense for the Beautiful. Dedicated her adult life to raise the consciousness of the local community (state-wide) on issues of natural style of life, in quite practical sense. Lives in nature and rural areas often, leads a nomadic life, stays in urban zones for some time but only as long as she must.

D.V. (fem.) - a teacher, excellent natural talent for working with children (they adore her); very lovable nature, physically very beautiful, strong emotions; a mother since recently, dedicated to the family life, living in a rural area by her own choice, surrounded with a lot of domestic animals.

L.B. (fem.) - painter, photographer, studies sociology; actively engaged in political activism with the local Green Party, since early age, as a volunteer; very passionate about issues of ecology, global warming and all related. Dislikes big cities, spends time in wild nature whenever she can, wants to live in a rural area after finishing her studies, as away from civilization as possible. Physically also very beautiful.

S.J.P. (fem.) - deaf & dumb; a hand-crafter, with exquisite sense for visual beauty; lives in a rural area, surrounded by domestic animals, by her own choice. Also physically very beautiful. (I'm starting to see a pattern here - there is indeed classical beauty in all of these women; and personally, they are all gracious and charming).

P.L. (fem.) - teacher and librarian; dedicated her life to helping young people, supporting their creative work and enabling them (through various social connections and other opportunities) to pursue a career in fields they are drawn to. Not so physically beautiful, but definitely charming, and very warm, lovable. An open-hearted individual, always looking how she can help, and does that in a non-intrusive way. Works in the city but lives in a village, and is politically active in her community (pro improvement of education; liberal outlook on life in general, very tolerant of differences among people).

Both body-conscious and physical-culture seem appropriate.

My father: performs light exercises and has a regular daily walks as his routine. Is in a way obsessed with the question of health of the body.
K.K.: started a project named "Physical culture with K." ! - she teaches people on the subject (approaches it holistically, but the focus is on the physical condition of the body)
V.M. (a colleague from work): body-builder, got the Mister award at one point; now coaches younger people in this field; says it's not a sport, but a kind of art.
Dz.K. (a lady I know for about a year now): 34 y.o. mother of two, and has a job which is highly time-demanding, but goes to the gym regularly and otherwise spends a lot of her free time in health-benefiting activities (also very conscious about her diet). Her Sun is conj. Mars, though.
T.V. (a former colleague from work here): regularly played recreational basketball, until he hurt his knee so had to stop; had a bohemian life phase (couple of years spent in drinking and parting, etc), about which he speaks with regret, in connection to how it affected his body.

The focus is on Health and Beauty; I think the need for Harmony is the background drive. Even those who do not perform any physical exercises portray a discernible body-awareness.

Regarding what Bradley said about them enjoying to be nude - I can't tell with certainty. Those that I have seen nude or with only light clothes, showed no shame or shyness pertaining to body exposure.

Re their choice of natural materials for clothing - among my examples, more than half of them do this, but not all and not exclusively (they do choose comfortable over pretty, but the particulars depend much on their financial circumstances; they also do care what they wear and are interested in looking beautiful, or at least not ugly, according to their own measure).
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 am

Your wonderful friend reminds me of Leo Tolstoy. Perhaps his moon in Leo conjuncts Tolstoy's Sun.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 am

Danica wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am
I see another pattern here: in one way or another, they are all prominently physical-health-conscious (and mostly drawn to natural medicine - herbalism, using crystals, energetic healing, etc).
That's quite interesting. Donald Bradley (a Taurus) wrote that Taurus is into "physical culture." I always thought this sounded right, but couldn't confirm it with Tauruses I personally knew,
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Here's the quote:
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:48 pm
Garth Allen, from the boxers article from the 1960s AA, later reprinted posthumously July, 1979:
...sidereal Taurus natives have a penchant for activities and careers rooted in body-consciousness. The wholesomely-balanced, uninhibited Taurean takes an instinctive pleasure in display of skin - loves swimming and lolling nude or nearly nude in warm weather, prefers form-fitting clothing to drapelike garb, and cottons to anything and everything where the body, both its form and function, is the center of attraction.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

hakim
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by hakim » Sat May 27, 2017 2:22 am

Mostly spot on. I have this really close friend of mine. Normally I have got a habit figuring out other peoples ticks or their idiosyncrasies. I know she is just one person I know who is a Taurus but its so obvious.

I remember just commenting on her impressive make-up collection. Turns out they are mostly eye-liners. Then she told me she doesn't like applying make-up. Likes to keep it natural. Well she should. They are generally physically beautiful. Also an excellent cook. Quite family oriented also. Also an excellent artist, in fact much of her house is surrounded by paintings done by her and I must say they are quite impressive. Not so academically oriented though which wasn't surprising.

Its mostly an assumption but I believe solar Taureans are usually born into or atleast surrounded by some modicum of comfort and luxury.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 am

I know several Taurans, mostly relatives - an aunt and her children, an uncle and his. My grandmother, though, has colored the way I view those relatives.
My grandmother was born May 30, 1893 in upstate NY.
Pluto 16°Tau 3'12"
Sun 16°Tau 11'39"
Moon 16°Sco 55'49"
Neptune 17°Tau 41'30"
Trump with Pluto instead of Uranus.
She was a bully, at the very least.

Edited because nothing below this was a helpful observation on the sign placement.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed May 31, 2017 11:27 pm

Let me try this again. Most of the Taurans I've known were family oriented, loved their food and made homes full of color and comfortable furniture. Nearly every one had bright warm hued floral print sofa bed.

Most of them were terrible with money, but from lack of interest rather than lack of ability. The women would either take their checkbooks down to the bank to be balanced every couple of months, or would round off the amounts because it was "too hard" to subtract uneven amounts.
One man, finding himself wheel-chair bound, began investing in the stock market and was hugely proud of how well he was taking care of his family (his words) till the dot com bubble burst. He then became suicidal till it was pointed out he hadn't actually lost anything because he had all the money he started with, and when he cashed out he actually had more than he'd put in. He just wasn't rich.

Most of them were flirts. I met the principal of my grandmother's high school who told me she was a terrible flirt. I had to say she still was 70 years later. Most of them were attractive people, two football heros, a home coming queen, but tended to get soft and run to fat in later years.
They were all very conventional in everything, and while not hesitant about getting into a bathing suit, weren't the type to be lounging around naked.

All of them were regular church goers, but more for socialization, seeing and being seen. Very conventional, and their faith was more for display than comfort. Very much interested in polite society, manners, how things look.

Most enjoyed having pets, and never met a baby, human or not, they didn't want to cuddle and feed.

All very interested in food, cooking and sharing food. Dessert the favorite part of any meal, but the way to every Tauran heart I know is Potatoes Anna. Loved family dinners and feeding people.
They're generally good plain cooks, although they all seem to like to choose up who was the better cook. These are the people frozen pie crust was invented for.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Some Taurus People I know:

Roommate: Lovely person, hard worker, clean and organized. Talkative. Sometimes has a bit of a temper, but I haven't seen it. Belief in occult paired with a practical mindset. Talented musician.

Former lover: All of the same things above. A really lovely connection. Not a musician, but a bit of a music snob.

Estranged sister: Bad temper and not as clean, organized or as hard working. Charming, open minded about the supernatural. Talented singer.

Friend and coworker: Sweetheart, hardworking musician. Very generous and kind.

Former musical partner: Ambitious but kind. Talented musician. Long-winded, both in story-telling and in song-writing.

In summary, I'd say they're mostly very generous, kind, competent, hard-working, talkative, musical people who sometimes get fed up (and often rightly so) at the ridiculousness and incompetence of people around them.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned music. My Taurus suns were all musical, mostly good singers, mostly tenors or sopranos.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:45 pm

My mom's boyfriend, my sister, three of my ex friends, and a good handful of my friends are Tarurs Sidreal Suns.

Two of them Maybe are attractive, all of them like music, most of them are two natured/bipolar. All of them have mental issues. I note that there is sometimes over or under consumption of different things.

My sister: likes music, can't sing. Doesn't care for her body, but she likes to eat. Not naturally artistic, but good at con and manipulating. Very talkative and appears friendly at first. Master at persuasion she sugars um up and then if that doesn't work she tears them down and forces them around. Always talks behind people's backs and can't keep a secret. I've been in and out of her life.

My mom's boo: drug and alcohol addiction in his past. Fairly quiet but funny. Likes electronics and is a big nerd. He does like to fish, he doesn't sing and likes to fart a lit despite that he is a grown man. He is very very bright and mercurial but I don't see any Venus in him, past his mind is beautiful in a twisted way.

B: wants attention but not commitment. He is flakey at best. He is highly sexed but if he's not in the m8od and you say something sexual he will flip. He likes to get high and drank. Very two faced nice on the surface a mess underneath. He used to be a bad boy disoire his innocent appearance. I've been in and out of his life.

M: again two faced. Clingy one minute and not the next. Highly sexed. Hates talking unless he's in the mood. I've been in and out of his life.

Ml: my cousin. Bad relationship with food. Uses vices. Highly emotional. Very protective. Not the nature of Venus or mercury. Odd but kind and protective, full of love and Fire.

Meg: emotional mess. High nerves. Very moody. Blunt and criticising. Great with words when she slows down. Loud and a talker. Obnoxious. Likes to sign but she's not good at it. Two faced with many psychological issues. She's been in and out of my life.

Le: Firey and emotional. A good hugger and a living friend. Gets in unhealthy relationships but doesn't want to leave. She is too over protective. Unstable mind but seemingly down to earth

Wi: Flakey and indecisive. Bashful but horny. Quiet and calm surface. Likes to help others and use his hands, attracted to music. Strong but pretty.

Most of these people are open with there sexuality, have mental issues, and have two natures. I have read information of Sidreal Tarurs and can understand why many if not all of the Gemini who are Sidreal Taurus would use tropical zodiac. Much unhealthy habits and addictions made by trying to escape in these folks.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

TheScales_BothWays
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:31 am

Tropical Gemini seems to be a commonly-hated sign in Tropical Sun sign circles. Always labelled as "two-faced" and "liar." I don't see how sidereal Taurus is notably as such - maybe "two-faced" because that's the first thing that pops out when one (especially someone in the superficial realm of Tropical Sun sign astrology) thinks of tropical Gemini symbolism in a negative way.

I know that some Tauruses with heavy (and afflicted?) Jupiter influences may use their pleasant, polite demeanour and sugar-coated speech to get what they want (similarly to some of those with Venus-Jupiter aspects I think), and that can appear as "two-faced" and insincere to others, but yeah, are there any other reasons?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 am

This view of Sun in Taurus seems more than little strange to me, One of their most characteristic traits is their earnestness and sincerity. Most Taurians are so committed to honesty that they could be called compulsively honest.

This doesn't mean there aren't dishonest ones, and I agree with Scales that, when one encounters one of these, they usually are using their charm, or ways of ingratiating themselves, to their advantage.

So, what seems so strange to me isn't that one would find an occasional dishonest Taurus (I can think right now of one who has a Scorpio Moon, Mars as the only angular planet, and a close Mercury-Neptune aspect). What seems strange is that someone would think that most of the Tauruses they know are like this.

I would find it easier to believe that Scarlet (as he has often said) doesn't trust people who are nicey-nice. In the face of genuinely nice people who naturally live in a world of charm and kindness, he might be suspecting dishonest motives.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com