Sun in Cancer - sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Sun in Cancer - sign project

Post by James Condor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:50 pm

I could guess Jim, that your last post on the "living in another's shadow" specific to Cancer is what I've seen as never living up to perceived expectations felt deep inside the psyche and envy. Cancer always wants to be on top of their game. Cancer has a difficult time aging, changing, and dealing with life issues, reality, and they think they must keep up with their own image or perceived expectations. A Cancer person I know fears aging and he strives for the impossible. One example is he tries to be in the same shape mentally and physically from 20 years ago when he was a star swimmer with a hot girlfriend, and always falls short. The guys has seriously ungrounded views of the world and himself. Pessimistic. Low self esteem. Poor self image. He has self defeating thoughts, views. And really, he doesn't know how to just live an easy, ' normal' life.
He reminds me of Robin Williams in the mask he wears. People see only the surface. Deep down and behind closed doors is a troubled person. My friend looks 10 years younger than his age and is in really good physical shape. He has a good family, friends, job, house, cars, but, is never satisfied. And struggles

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:21 am

Wow James, you just decribed my Sun in Cancer brother, how did you know ? :D

My brother lives on borrowed prestige. Even when things turn bad he pretends he is still his celebrated self.
He acts like there is only upside thereby denying any possible downside.

He is always afraid in a way to be meaningless in his business world so he pretends.
This all sounds very negative. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 am

Glad I make sense! My experiences have shown the assessment. I meet this Cancer guy 3-4 years back, who at the time didn't know his sun sign. I kept seeing him where I hang out. He initiated the talking. He insisted and seemed(s) to be reaching for something, friendship, questions, life, meaning. He had small gatherings, parties, at his house. At a house party one night I see him for the first time, put on a mask and act crazy, then suddenly back to normal. Then I notice a trend when you talks its like this down and out, empty side. The more we hang out just the two of us, the more he talks about subjective ideas rooted in negatively, low self worth, and his struggles from his past and current image. He always compares himself to others and is very envious. He seems to feel a strong lack and inferiority. He tells me he goes 'down the rabbit hole'. He says, 'I'm fine now, but when I get home and alone, no telling how bad it can get'. He says he is or was suicidal. I can't understand if he is being literal or portraying a feeling. He says he's for real. I haven't seen him too dark.
Then I watched shows on Robin Williams and had an aha moment. Over time I see the same patterns. I thought of other Cancers I know of and it makes sense. Now you confirm and that's great. Thanks.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 pm

I have. today, finished my rewrite of the Sun in Cancer section of the site, for which your contributions on this thread were quite helpful, Thanks you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:53 pm

My best friend is a cancer in sidereal (leo sun to cancer, tropical moon in Cancer that moves to Taurus, where her tropical A.C. would be. So her chart just falls into place no matter what.).

I will say she is tough as nails, but sensitivity is there too. She isn't the brightest (I mean book wise) and she knows that, and is fine with it (she is street smart).

She loves nature, has been a farmer her whole life. [Probably her Taurus Moon]. She is afraid of thunderstorms (traumatic event) but not afraid of gunshots violence and etc [Mars on the DC] . Been through a lot [I mean she's 19 rape, drugs, gangs, abuse, divorced loved ones, cancer in close relatives all on the table] and yet she tells me often that she hasn't had it half as bad as some people do (however i know more of her story I won't share and she's up there).

She has mood swings, mostly happy to sad<severe>, and she playful, but not aggressive unless super provoked [she's a dairy farmer, sense age 4, 200 lbs so when she is mad it's like fighting a angry bull (most literally)].

I've always seen through the confidence she has to her sensitive side. Even though she doesn't realise that the confidence comes from inside her too.
No i'm not homeless.. you just can't smell the roses as well as you can through a teepee door..

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Found this nifty video on Ernest Hemmingway. It covers many of the archetypical traits of Cancer: the blur between fact and fiction, the bombastic egotism, the prolific overseas travel, the dynamic emotions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcnHZQdVngE