More on Mars in Capricorn

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, Sun and Moon sign-meanings, etc.
ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

More on Mars in Capricorn

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Reading about Mars in Capricorn i have to say it is probably my most important sign (in this point of time). Not because of the chart in specfic but rather because if it's accuracy (that is Mars in Capricorn description) and the general sign of sidereal Capricorn.

Ironicly I left tropical astrology, running from a Capricorn Sun, the dread of being emotionless, cold, boring, plain/flavorless, was not my thing. Now it is sidereal Mars in Capricorns accuracy (in part) keeping me here, and what taught me to help tropical astrologers see the truth behind their "tropical Capricorn" (which does somewhat overlap with the sidereal) that is the wild and darker [for lack of a better word] description of the sign. But enough on that.

Id like to know more about Mars in sidereal Capricorn, how the sign expresses in its natives (is it as important in others as it shows in me)? Espicaly important question does mars being exalted make the sign more expressive (than say another Mars sign) or does it just effect the strength of the planet?

Personal stories, people who have the placement, and etc would be appreciated. I know it may seem like I talk a lot (i do, sorry) and share too much, but i know the other Capy Mars know that we can keep our privacy while appearing completely open. (Yes it may be tough for you to share I understand that and respect that).

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Re: More on Mars in Capricorn

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 pm

https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32#p124

My personal notes on the summary given by Jim. Link to Mars in Capricorn listed above.

Courage.
[Not the kind of confrontational, balsy stuff done by my angular Scorpio/Mars Mercury rising, but more seen in sacrifice (literal, blood sacrifice if I had to) for loved ones.

Stands own ground (prefers action to complaining).
[My stubborn Sun if you may, does not match my Mars standing it's ground. I'm a lot more tactful when I'm standing my ground/being stubborn with my sag Sun.]

Confrontational
[verbally due to my Mars Mercury aspects and placements to being with. I don't often fight or hit but I would say this is when I do get physical. Normally it's a one and done kind if deal. I will get in people's faces]

Discontent: creates unnecessary struggle & conflict (over authority, control, father issues).
[I can't speak for the father issues. I do thrive in chaos, but not toxic chaos. I think us Mars in Capricorn types have a different view on necessities than others in General].

Private, secretive, self-veiling. (Mysterious façade, or deceptive; to avoid control, look good, or not be found out).
[As seen in my user title, as seen in my original birth chart posted on this site. I dont care as much about looking bad, I'm fine with being the monster. It's more about not getting hurt <that took a lot to say>]

Much unresolved shadow
[Not always wanting to resolve it either. I think it's important to keep your demons hungry and on a leash, but not to pacify them]

Vulnerable to dark moods
[Isn't everyone lol. I think we are just some of the first to admit/show it. In pertaining to the above unresolved shadow, yes sometimes we loosesn up the leash on our dogs too much and get bit. I like my dark moods personally (part of thriving in a mess I think)]

Carries past darkness around.
[Forgive, but don't forget. Few are aware of the dark pasts, I give mine in parts to people I trust, who are few and far between. Just in case my demons take over they can put the pecies together and cut me down]

Sexually forthright (strong needs + practicality).
[May be related in the dark pasts. Weither the abuser or the abused/misused. Others may use sex as a practicality to "escape" or realise tension from said shadiws/skeletons/dark pasts.]

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Comparing Mars Capricorn vs Sun Capricorn.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35#p164

Survival and autonomy needs foremost.
Mats looses Saturns effects (Maybe some but not all). I have a fairly strong Saturn so I relate to this trait.

sociable; not self-disclosing.
Not self disclosing is a common theme. Mars is action so I can't say it denotes the communication part of the social. Maybe sexually/physically social.

Humor, storyteller, prankish, music.
My mercury denotes music, as well as most of these. I could see Mars in Capricorn retaining the prankishness.

Good resource manager.
I think the Mars Capricorn could be good at doing action oriented tasks

Struggles against tough odds.
This one carries thematically throughout Capricorn.

Discontent, combative, resists persuasion and conformity.
I would say that combative and resistance to authority and conformity is mostly Mars driven in Capricorn (note Mars rules Scorpio and produces similar themes). It would definitely make sense that if these are Mars driven than a Mars Capricorn would carry these traits.

Values past; defies status quo.
I can't say Mars would value the past, however defyingthe status quo is right up Mar's ally

Emotions cautious initially.
Another trait seemingly linked to Saturn. (One I have) However not to Mars.

Extreme libido.
This carries through in most Capricorn placements. In relation to Mars it's obvious.

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Lastly comparing Mars/Moon in Capricorn.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p151

Restless, confrontational.
All Mars placements and aspects I would say are restless. The question is more restless in what area of life. Confrontational is a thematic Mars and Capricorn idea.

Resists persuasion, authority, & conformity.
Hits hard toward the Mars side of Capricorn. I'd like to say these traits carry through the Mars in Capricorn but my Pluto-Eris energy may bias me.

Sharp, unconventional mind.
I wouldn't say I can link the mind to Mars. I can say that if the mind is an important asset to a Mars in Capricorn type that it could carry thus effect over

Socially charming; not self-disclosing.
Sexually charming is a Mars Capricorn idea, again I dint know about socialy. Self disclosing is thematic.

Humor, prankish, outlandish.
See Sun in Capricorn

Sexually attractive; wild libido.
These I consider to carry over to Mars in Capricorn

Identifies with the fringe, “bad boy/girl” (but essentially wholesome).
I think Mars in Capricorn could complement these ideas, however I note that they may care too much about their image to do this (unless this is what they want to put off). I don't know that I would call Mars in Capricorn wholesome

Dark, grotesque, shocking, disturbing style (loves dark occult images).
These do describe me, again may be my Pluto/Eris side. I think however that on a psychological level, espically if they have come to terms with their shadow side, a Mars Capricorn could carry these traits

Vulnerable to dark moods.
I think that Mars In Capricorn is always in a dark mood, they just may put it on the back burner.

Often severe childhoods or early loss.
This is a Saturn theme. (One that I do share)

Notable Moon Capricorn:
Joan Jett

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Mars in Capricorn is not uncommon in charts of people well known. From Michelle Obama to Queen Elizabeth the 2nd to the purposed chart of an antichrist to Leonardo Da Vinci and Albert Einstein. [Edit it is uncommon my apologies]

I don't know any of these people personally of course nore have I studied them. With the themes of privacy I do assume that for those with Mars in Capricorn that it is difficult to tell this placement. [Unless the individual of course wants to have it known].

I however (at least with the individuals I have listed) can't say I'm surprised to find out that they are Mars in Capricorns.

A sect of privacy must be kept to live a happy life whilst under the public eye. To keep the fact that the sect exists hidden is something that I would say Mars Capricorns are capable of.
Last edited by ScarletDepths on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Mars in Capricorn is not uncommon in charts of people well known.
FYI Mars is in Capricorn about 1/15 of the time (6.78%), so it is somewhat rarer than average - for both known and unknown people.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks for keeping me in bounds Jim.

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 pm

I've noted something I do that hits home with my Mars sign. As a non heterosexual person who is straight passible, I often let people believe that I am straight (I won't tell them I am, however I can easily entertain conversations about the opposite sex). It's not fear or image that I'm protecting, rather that I don't feel the need to share, unless of course it puts me in a better position.

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Reflecting on communication between friends (co-workers). It is said that I have cryptic communication (as of I can casually talk about death/murder/rape dark stuff) and it is hard to tell if I am being serious or joking. Some of my co-workers have stated that if they were forced to kill each other off I would be the last to go, purely because they legitimately habe concern about me haunting them.

I'm reflecting on this somewhat mixed humor and seriousness. I don't believe in ghosts (or disbelieve either) I'm not insulted that people peg me as the haunting type.
Last edited by ScarletDepths on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Would you like me to move this question over to Club Aldebran for you?

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Removed
Last edited by ScarletDepths on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:15 pm

I can't move just the question. It'd have to be the whole post. Maybe you can delete the question from the post and start a thread over in Club Aldebaran?

ScarletDepths
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by ScarletDepths » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion :D