Pluto and Business

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Pluto and Business

Post by sotonye » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 pm

The general sentiment about Pluto here is that it rules Aries, and while I think this is probably correct, there is an issue with this association which has only recently occurred to me. Aries, when it doesn't represent fits of laziness, is the sign which best symbolizes the businessman. But the planets normally most associated with the world of business are Mercury and Mars, and little has been said (and perhaps can be said) about Pluto on the matter. For obvious reasons relating to the Arian disposition, we can safely dismiss Mercury as having anything to do with the constellation, which leaves us with Mars, about which much has been said regarding its need for power and its itch to compete. In this respect, Mars is a much better fit as the ruler of the constellation of Aries than the gentle, reclusive Pluto, and I'm not sure how it can be reconciled that Pluto is considered inoffensive and at once the ruler of a martial, business oriented sign. Wherever we find Pluto configured closely to an inner planet, there is an absence of the competitive drive and a tendency to instead "go one's own way," and the same is true when Pluto closely configures an angle. This is the opposite of what we see, and what's written, of close configurations between Mars most other planets, and Mars and the angles.

So what's the answer here?
Is Pluto really the ruler of Aries?
In this case I'm not so certain.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Pluto and Business

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 pm

All Rims have this leaning. It's basic to the quadruplicity. It's as true of Cancer (for example) as of Aries.

Additionally, even if we don't ascribe a Mars rulership to Aries (which we might anyway, regardless of the Pluto factor), Aries is going to be Mars-like in the sense that it is anti-Venus.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:12 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 pm
All Rims have this leaning. It's basic to the quadruplicity. It's as true of Cancer (for example) as of Aries.
Read the Sun in Cancer interpretation just now and this makes a lot of sense, this is pretty cool. Thank you Mr. E
Additionally, even if we don't ascribe a Mars rulership to Aries (which we might anyway, regardless of the Pluto factor), Aries is going to be Mars-like in the sense that it is anti-Venus.
This also makes sense. That was all solved quickly, in true Virgo fashion. Thanks again!

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am

I like sotonye the distinction you made between Pluto going its own way and being a loner as not being competitive like Mars.

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:18 pm

James Condor wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 am
I like sotonye the distinction you made between Pluto going its own way and being a loner as not being competitive like Mars.
Hey thank you