Venus in Libra

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Venus in Libra

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:56 pm

I just finished rewriting Venus in Libra. It was an unusually educative example.
https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80#p479

I've written before that Mercury and Venus signs are more "tools" in one's toolbox. They aren't part of the character core, not part of who you are in any deep sense - they're just extra tools or resources you carry around, mixed skills or styles of communication, thinking, social connection, taking pleasure, etc.

Until Venus in Libra, I've never felt compelled to write this distinction directly into the interpretation. It's so obvious (when you have a list of a few dozen Venus in Libra people in front of you that you know personally). One of the most obvious things about them is that social graces come easily to them: they can slip (more or less at a moment's notice) into courtesy, good manners, welcoming grace, etc.

But notice that I said they can slip into these. It's not "where they live." They often are quite different people AT CORE. Venus can be in Libra for all Sun signs from Leo to Sagittarius, with most of them being in Virgo and Scorpio (and a few Libra Suns: Venus spends most of its time nearly at the semi-square near its greatest elongation, not near the conjunction).

It's not that they're NOT gracious - it's that this isn't "where they live," what's important to them, what matches their deep character. They have quite different priorities, other things that matter more to them than social graces, but they can whip out gentle manners in an instant. Among public figures, consider Alan Dershowitz, who's a real bastard but can charm a jury whenever he wants. Or Bill Gates (a poor example since he has Sun in Libra) who is basically a geek (sometimes thought to be arrogant and self-absorbed) who nonetheless knows how to talk to a camera, a room of hundreds of people, or one-on-one on the sidewalk. Or Chris Christie, who wears his obvious Leo and Scorpio traits and yet is so damn charming (and even entertaining) anytime he opens his mouth. The string of Venus in Libra entertainers who are just so damn entertaining (in ways unrelated to their talents, which often are considerable) that they exude popularity. and magnetism (the comedians just make you love them personally, like Goldie Hawn, Richard Pryor, John Cleese; and try to tell me John Legend isn't a natural charmer).

The personal cases are more obvious to me, but the public cases make the point. Many of these people (most of the Virgos and Scorpios, in particular) aren't innately charming or, at least, it doesn't matter to them so much; but, well, they just have this talent to turn on something that makes people LIKE them almost no matter what they do - a tool in their toolbox.

I explained it to Marion this morning in non-Libra terms: It's not that they ARE Iron Man. But they do have an Iron Man suit they can put on as quickly as they need. (Except it's really a Tony Stark suit.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: Venus in Libra

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:34 pm

My best friend has a Venus Mercury and Sun in Libra. This hits the nail harder than the other two- its very detailed. (I've read my updated venus as well, it describes me to am uncomfortable level).

I will say this specific placement reads (and don't rag me for bringing this up because maybe I'm reading too deep) very much like Eris fits into libra. Their ability to magically navigate the most wild crazy sh1+ (start with being born into a weathly family but being temerminaly ill - kidney failure- and still wroking starting at 14. To literally being chased around by a man with a machete at work...) it's just literally insane.

Just in case you also didn't believe it..
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abc27. ... chete/amp/

She has a Mars on the Vertex line also in range of the ASC and she is not surprisingly too into her tropical sign to switch over.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:12 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:34 pm
My best friend has a Venus Mercury and Sun in Libra. This hits the nail harder than the other two- its very detailed. (I've read my updated venus as well, it describes me to am uncomfortable level).
Thanks for the feedback. (And welcome back.) I do think these cover the Venus sign meanings pretty well - I'm sometimes surprise how well they fit, even though it is only one "side aspect" of the character.

In your friend's case, I need to observe that Sun in Libra would have many of these traits and be more central to who she is, although there are a few specific things about Venus in Libra that do not match Sun's placement there.
I will say this specific placement reads... very much like Eris fits into libra. Their ability to magically navigate the most wild crazy sh1+ ...
The passage I think you mean ("Acclimates to imperfect circumstances, can make them work. Finds their pleasures whatever their circumstances") I meant in a Saturn way. (The trait resembles some Moon-Saturn traits.) My representative stereotype for the idea is a single mother with limited resources who, nonetheless, is enormously resourceful and "makes things work" ("just handl whatever coms up") where one might not have expected that.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:06 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:56 pm
I just finished rewriting Venus in Libra. It was an unusually educative example.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80#p479

I've written before that Mercury and Venus signs are more "tools" in one's toolbox. They aren't part of the character core, not part of who you are in any deep sense - they're just extra tools or resources you carry around, mixed skills or styles of communication, thinking, social connection, taking pleasure, etc.

Until Venus in Libra, I've never felt compelled to write this distinction directly into the interpretation. It's so obvious (when you have a list of a few dozen Venus in Libra people in front of you that you know personally). One of the most obvious things about them is that social graces come easily to them: they can slip (more or less at a moment's notice) into courtesy, good manners, welcoming grace, etc.

But notice that I said they can slip into these. It's not "where they live." They often are quite different people AT CORE. Venus can be in Libra for all Sun signs from Leo to Sagittarius, with most of them being in Virgo and Scorpio (and a few Libra Suns: Venus spends most of its time nearly at the semi-square near its greatest elongation, not near the conjunction).

It's not that they're NOT gracious - it's that this isn't "where they live," what's important to them, what matches their deep character. They have quite different priorities, other things that matter more to them than social graces, but they can whip out gentle manners in an instant. Among public figures, consider Alan Dershowitz, who's a real bastard but can charm a jury whenever he wants. Or Bill Gates (a poor example since he has Sun in Libra) who is basically a geek (sometimes thought to be arrogant and self-absorbed) who nonetheless knows how to talk to a camera, a room of hundreds of people, or one-on-one on the sidewalk. Or Chris Christie, who wears his obvious Leo and Scorpio traits and yet is so damn charming (and even entertaining) anytime he opens his mouth. The string of Venus in Libra entertainers who are just so damn entertaining (in ways unrelated to their talents, which often are considerable) that they exude popularity. and magnetism (the comedians just make you love them personally, like Goldie Hawn, Richard Pryor, John Cleese; and try to tell me John Legend isn't a natural charmer).

The personal cases are more obvious to me, but the public cases make the point. Many of these people (most of the Virgos and Scorpios, in particular) aren't innately charming or, at least, it doesn't matter to them so much; but, well, they just have this talent to turn on something that makes people LIKE them almost no matter what they do - a tool in their toolbox.

I explained it to Marion this morning in non-Libra terms: It's not that they ARE Iron Man. But they do have an Iron Man suit they can put on as quickly as they need. (Except it's really a Tony Stark suit.)
This is really fascinating and fits so well with the people I know who have this placement. Thank you Jim.
In my opinion this is a further example of the beauty and influence of Sidereal astrology . Regards, Flo