Angular Jupiter project

Q&A and discussion on Angularity.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Angular Jupiter project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Welcome to the Angular Jupiter discussion project, which will run April 18-May 1, 2021 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Jupiter Angular people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

CRITERA: Planets within 7° of major angles (Asc-Dsc, MC-IC) and 2° of minor angles (Zenith-Nadir, EP-WP). Ideally (i.e., if you can), please assess proximity to horizon and meridian in prime vertical longitude, squares to MC and Asc in longitude, and RA contact to EP and WP in right ascension.

Here is the primary Angular Jupiter interpretive resource on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38&p=181#p187

We may also want to compare to Sun in Cancer and Sagittarius for ideas to check against our Angular Jupiter examples:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35#p158
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35#p163

My current concise summary of Angular Jupiter reads:
Positive, optimistic, oriented to the good and qualitative. Authoritative, strives for expertise and leadership. Unusually lucky. Aspires to (enjoys) life of leisure and its perks (seeks to improve self and conditions). Generous, congenial, tolerant, good-humored, kind. Sexually giving. Needs esteem and inclusion (usually well received; can be overly role-conscious). Responds to cultural totems, heritage, tradition, social graces, social and ceremonial rituals. Champion of justice and fair play. (If afflicted: air of superiority, judgmental, greedy, envious; making own luck through shady ethics or crime.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Angular Jupiter project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:28 pm

This site is quite Jupiter-rich! People active on this forum with Jupiter angular include:
  • Arena
  • Danica
  • FlorencedeZ
  • Jupiter Sets at Dawn
  • Soft Alpaca
  • sotonye
  • SteveS
  • The Scales Both Ways
  • Veronica
To these we can add significant astrologers Alfred Witte, Anna-Kria King, Dane Rudhyar, Joanne Stonnell (Clancy), Kenneth Irving, Michel Gauquelin, and Noel Tyl. There is a HUGE list of U.S. Presidents (and, remember, those not born with angular Jupiter tend to have it angular in Washington). - The list below has few celebrities, but that's probably just how I collated my study list since Jupiter angular is the most common planet for eminent actors.

Some famous people with Jupiter angular:
  • Emperor Akihito, Queen Mary I , Queen Elizabeth II, Pres. Martin Van Buren, Pres. James Buchanan, Pres. James K. Polk, Pres. Ulysses S. Grant, Pres. Rutherford B. Hayes, Pres. William McKinley, Pres. William H. Taft, Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson, Pres. George H.W. Bush, Pres. George W. Bush
  • Prince Harry, Prince William, Sec. Pete Buttigieg, Sen. John McCain, Sen. Mitt Romney
  • Courtney Cox, Woody Allen,
  • Johnny Carson,
  • Dane Rudhyar, Kenneth Irving, Michel Gauquelin, Noel Tyl, Joanne Stonnell
  • Charles Manson, Richard Ramirez, Ted Bundy, O.J. Simpson
  • Aleister Crowley, Timothy Leary, John D. Rockefeller
Besides the forum members and famous people listed above, I have a list of 20 other people I knew/know sufficiently well with Jupiter angular by the above criteria. I'll recheck everything against these examples. (Some of those I personally knew overlap with the famous; specifically, the astrologers named and Timothy Leary.) The rest are private acquaintances, including a former mate of several decades and several business associates.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:53 pm

I don't want to over-dwell on distinctions of the various angles, but (after what was found in earlier studies) I'm at least going to take a glance.

I don't see much difference between Asc and Dsc except that I could consent to thinking Dsc less likely to own and wholly identify with the principle (and a little more likely to be humbler and more soft-spoken in their presentation - though with some notable exceptions). Jupiter Asc is more likely to affirm a sense of self-importance by how they carry themselves, Jupiter Dsc is more quiet about it. (I think the difference is presentation only, not a matter of how important they actually consider themselves.)

MC/IC is a less obvious difference. Four U.S. presidents stand out on IC, and a lot of soft graciousness, but MC doesn't lack this.

Zenith-Nadir, again not much. Interestingly both groups share some strong examples of a trait that appears here and there with Jupiter anyway: Wanting to be known as an expert.

EP-WP isn't a big difference where I know the character, but it's interesting (but on a small list) that all the presidents and a monarch (plus the "King of Late Night") appear on EP, no such people on WP in this list.

So it may be true that, as with other planets, there is here a tendency to more affirmatively identify with the planet at the positive pole of an angle axis, and less likely to openly do it on the negative pole. But this isn't a strong effect and probably shouldn't dominate our discussion.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Sun May 02, 2021 12:39 am

I am not too sure but one thing I have strongly observed in people with Jupiter angular is the need to feel needed, to be important to someone and if there is no such validation the person may become arrogant.
Also, in taking action, the Jupiter angular person waits, people should come to him/her first.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 am

Yes I have Jupiter angular. But I must say on this topic, just like I've said so many times before - it's not good practice to do research/observations where you have no chance of distinguishing between what is what. In my case I have so many angular planets :) I guess I can say yes to most of the things you put in the description in the first post here.

But I can for sure say that this is not true at all for myself:
"Also, in taking action, the Jupiter angular person waits, people should come to him/her first."

I take action all the time and I don't wait for people or things to come to me first.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon May 03, 2021 12:02 pm

Yes, I agree that you're not an ideal example and that, as a double Rim, you surely take action all the time.

And even though your Jupiter is quite close to the angle and your second most angular planet - 2°16' below Dsc - the one planet that is even closer is Saturn, 1°40' above Ascendant; and Saturn gives a quite different flavor than Jupiter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Tue May 04, 2021 5:42 am

Arena wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:19 am
Yes I have Jupiter angular. But I must say on this topic, just like I've said so many times before - it's not good practice to do research/observations where you have no chance of distinguishing between what is what. In my case I have so many angular planets :) I guess I can say yes to most of the things you put in the description in the first post here.

But I can for sure say that this is not true at all for myself:
"Also, in taking action, the Jupiter angular person waits, people should come to him/her first."

I take action all the time and I don't wait for people or things to come to me first.
I disagree Arena, I think it is actually great practice to self observe and research especially when things seem indistinguishable. I have quite a few angular planets as well and I have greatly benefited from examining each on it's own.

But I'm aware we are are at odds about things, and I always look forward to your input because of that fact.