Uranus - "Forges ideal from experience of evidence"?

Q&A and discussion on Angles & Angularity.
Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Uranus - "Forges ideal from experience of evidence"?

Post by Lance » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:54 pm

In the description of foreground Uranus in various places, it says basically, "Creates Fantasy (forges an ideal) from experience of Evidence."

I was wondering, could someone could elaborate on this concept, please?

Thank you.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Uranus - "Forges ideal from experience of evidence"?

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Does it help to contrast it with Neptune?

Neptune starts with a fantasy, and then selectively filters reality to reinforce that fantasy. The fantasy itself can be completely delusional. E.g., I want to feel like a pirate, therefore I'm going to wear an eye patch and draw this mustache on my face. I'm still not a pirate. Pro: I can feel like *anything* I want to. Con: has little bearing on reality

Uranus starts with reality to create an insight about reality, which can spawn a reality-based fantasy. So, the fantasy itself, however surprising, is within the realm of possibility. E.g., you date someone who treats you better than anyone else, and suddenly you have a new vision of a future where your partners treat you like a king or queen. It's quite a new and revelatory thought, but it's reality based, not delusion based.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm

A lot of traditional interpretations of Uranus s[eak of it (or, even more so, Aquarius) as idealistic. Yet it obviously isn't idealistic in the same sense as Neptune and, from the planets, we'd expect Uranus to have something to do with naked reality and Neptune with fantasy.

The Uranian idealism is especially marked in, say, 1960s-era reformers. Their values and ideals aren't always progressive (you can find conservative Uranian politicians etc. easily enough), but they arise out of the people being very much themselves and, usually, from experience of the world more than from a priori ideas.

Neptune tends to have the idea first then mold reality to support it. Uranus looks at the world and, from what they see, conceive a vision.

When I pull up Sun-Uranus close hard aspects, I get people who have ideals that don't match mine at all, but I can recognize that this is what drives them - say, Julian Assange. But also the reality-driven idealists Bill Gates, Bob Geldof, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Maher (great example!), Fred Rogers, Elizabeth Warren, and several scientists who wanted to make a difference.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes, thank you both very much. That clears it up nicely.