Revisiting natal mundane aspects

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Revisiting natal mundane aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:40 am

They might indeed only exist at a particular location. (I think there's a description somewhere or other on the forum.)

Something I do know is that one normally sees a sharp, accurate contrast when one checks the differences between mundane aspects (what's gained, what's lost) in different locations. At the very least, this means that there is a difference in strength (even if old ones don't disappear entirely, they at least weaken, it seems).

The main question is whether natal mundane aspects persist even if weakened. I'm less sure about this. My bias is that they do persist, but this might be just seeing the residuals of established character patterns, i.e., once someone has spent years acting and responding in certain ways, these tend to last (at least for a long time) in the personality independent of whether an aspect persists. While I know that new angular planets are more or less instantaneous (people can feel natal planet angularities merely driving through an area), mundane aspects may need a time to stabilize through actual acted out behaviors.

For the entire 900+ study charts catalogue, I have every Class 1 natal aspect catalogued (of the 10 core planets), including Class 1 hard aspects where there is not a matching Class 1 ecliptical aspect. This allows preparing lists. I'll post something in the next comment that might be useful in drawing a conclusion.
Danica wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:37 am
BTW, Jim, I've just noticed that in LA your Sun is exactly at the Sedna/Eris Midpoint in-mundo (with Sedna herself being tightly interlocked with the Ne-Ur-Ju trio).
I have no basis for concluding that midpoints (other than those involving angles) "exist" in a mundoscope. They may, or may not. But, yes, I've seen that these tend to come to the foreground together in an SLR. - Sedna is tightly connected to Ju-Ur-Ne anyway (ecliptically), and the Mars-Sedna is much stronger mundanely.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 am

Here follow people with a Class 1 SUN-JUPITER hard mundane aspect natally/. I don't know how many of these remained in their birthplace most of their lives. Are these people unusually representative of Sun-Jupiter? Is there a sense that after they moved from home, this faded in them or they lost it? (My first impression is that it would be hard to say that these people lost any of that trait.)

Alan Hale Jr., Alanis Morissette, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bill Gates,
Billie Jean King, Rev. Billy Graham, Bonnie Langford, Bonnie Raitt, Carmen Electra, King Charles VIII, Sec. Condoleezza Rice, VP Dick Cheney, Edgar Degas, Queen Elizabeth Stuart, Ethel Kennedy, Giorgio Armani, Harry Houdini, Helen Mirren, Henri Desiré Landru, Hermann Goering, Jesse Jackson, Jonas Salk, Martin Luther King, Paul Cezanne, Placido Domingo, R.D. Laing, Sydney Pollack, William Blake
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 am

In contrast, here follow people with a Class 1 SUN-SATURN hard mundane aspect natally. I don't know how many of these remained in their birthplace most of their lives. It's a much shorter list.

Are these people unusually representative of Sun-Saturn? Is there a sense that after they moved from home, this faded in them or they lost it?

Alexander Graham Bell, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Barbara Bain, Claudia Schiffer, Gustave Eiffel, H.R. Giger, Hal Holbrook, Havelock Ellis, Pres. James Madison, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Lois Lowry, Raymond Buckland, Pres. Theodore Roosevelt, Pres. Ulysses S. Grant, Pres. Warren G. Harding
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:52 am

I'll do one more for contrast: SUN-MARS Class 1 hard mundane aspects with no matching Class 1 ecliptical aspect. There are some very martial people in this list (even more when you remember that intense mental activity burns just as many calories).

Adele, Alan Watts, Albert Einstein, Albert Hoffman, Angela Davis, Barbara Hutton, Pope Benedict XVI, Beverly Sills, Burl Ives, Empress Catherine II, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Eleanor Smeal, Elias Ashmole, Ellen Burstyn, Pope Francis I, Frank Sinatra, Helen MacInnes, Hera Myrtel, Jerry Rubin, Joachim von Ribbentrop, Judith Butler, Kris Kristofferson, LeAnn Rimes, Leonardo da Vinci, King Louis XIII, Nikola Tesla, Nina Hartley, R.D. Laing, Robert Anton Wilson, Shannen Doherty, Shirley Jones, Pres. Warren G. Harding, Wes Craven
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 am

As for my own chart, I have a number of mundane aspects that change between birthplace and her in LA (where I've lived for over 45 years). I do think that there is a significant sifting in strength. It's hard to judge whether the mundane aspects completely vanished with the move because they all exist ecliptically.

Here are the Class 1 aspects for birthplace (left) and locality (right) - mundane aspects are shown (M) when they are the closer. Both columns are in order of strength.

Code: Select all

Ma sq Ne 00°07' 100% M   Ju sq Se 00°01' 100% M
Ne op Se 00°11' 100%     Ur sq Ne 00°11' 100% M
Ve sq Pl 00°13' 100%     Ne op Se 00°11' 100%
Ju co Ur 00°17' 100%     Ve sq Pl 00°13' 100%
Ne sx Pl 00°46'  99%     Ju co Ur 00°17' 100%
Pl tr Se 00°57'  98%     Ur sq Se 00°22' 100% M
Ve tr Ur 01°27'  96%     Ju sq Ne 00°33'  99% M
Mo sx Ma 01°31'  95%     Ne sx Pl 00°46'  99%
Ve tr Ju 01°44'  94%     Pl tr Se 00°57'  98%
Me co Sa 02°24'  94%     Ve tr Ur 01°27'  96%
Ur sq Ne 02°00'  92%     Me co Sa 01°36'  96% M